X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detangling??

Does everyone have to detangle as the hair gets longer? I find that no matter how much gel or curly my hair is at the moment my 3-4 inch hair will easily detangle by using my fingers (rake) with conditioner in the shower with warm water ! Now that I have tried aussie moist as a co wash and KCKT as leave in detangling takes under 2 mins really it's just me raking my curls away ..

My question Is will it become harder to detangle the longer my hair grows

YES! lol my hair was that simple to detangle before but now...it's a project. And it's not even very long!

Comment

Ugh ooo lol

Comment

I was wondering because I see detangling in a lot of regimens lol I was wondering is it that much work for most naturals 3c on down

Comment

I was told that some women can take anywhere from 45 mins to 2 hours.... So if I were you I would enjoy
          sigpicChildren's Hair Care Blog

http://kandylandkurls.blogspot.com

Comment

For me, it's easier to detangle during my pre-poo. I part my hair into 4 sections, then do 2 twists in each, using a nice amount of Herbal Essences Totally Twisted, then coating the twists with oil. If I detangle during pre-poo, I don't have to do as much work when I actually wash my hair.

I try to always pre-poo, but if I don't, I just detangle in the shower when I first apply my conditioner (Aussie Moist). I just use a Jibere shower comb, and I comb it with the conditioner, and then again as I'm rinsing the conditioner.
            iTweet . iTumble.

Lover of all things Dope.

Comment

It really depends on the person and their detangling technique. It only takes me 10-15 minutes to detangle my hair which is about 20 inches.
              Life Long Natural

Dense, Medium Hair Strands with Normal Porosity and Elasticity

Comment

Right now I'm in twa land, so I can skip a day or two of detangling. But when it starts to get longer (say 4-6 in.) then I will have to comb/detangle daily. Even so, at any length it has never taken me more than a few minutes to comb. Maybe I'm being rough even with the conditioner in, but I can't see spending more time than that to comb through my hair.
                http://bellemondehandmade.wordpress.com/ <--blog

http://bellemonde.storenvy.com/ <-- shop

http://bellemondemade.tumblr.com/

http://pinterest.com/bellemondemade/

Instagram: bekkapoo

Comment

Originally posted by LoVe.Peace.CurLs View Post
                  For me, it's easier to detangle during my pre-poo. I part my hair into 4 sections, then do 2 twists in each, using a nice amount of Herbal Essences Totally Twisted, then coating the twists with oil. If I detangle during pre-poo, I don't have to do as much work when I actually wash my hair.

I try to always pre-poo, but if I don't, I just detangle in the shower when I first apply my conditioner (Aussie Moist). I just use a Jibere shower comb, and I comb it with the conditioner, and then again as I'm rinsing the conditioner.
                  I agree with Love.Peace.Curls sectioning the hair in twists to shampoo or condition does make the detangling process easier...Obviously I haven't done it on my hair, lol, but I have on others with long hair and it saves so much more time. Good Luck!
                  Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
                  Psalm 37:4

Last Relaxer: 11 Oct 2010
                  BC: 18 Feb 2011

My Growth....Spiritually, Physically and Naturally!! Curl Blog

Comment

Chiiiiild I would fall out on the floor if it took me 2 hours just to detangle my hair lol

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using CurlyNikki App
                    iTweet . iTumble.

Comment

If I finger detangle my hair, it will take 2 hrs or longer. If I use a comb, it will take about 45 to a hr. My hair is mostly 4a.
                      "God will NEVER put more on you than you can bear"

Fotki
                      Youtube Channel

Big Chop: August 9, 2009
                      Description of Roxie: mostly 4a, medium density, fine/medium strands, low porosity
                      Staple Products: Cream of Nature Shampoo, Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave in, coconut oil, shea butter mix (shea butter, coconut oil, JBCO and olive oil)

Comment

I detangle in like 20 minutes but i shouldn't... I'm doing something terribly wrong. I think it's causing me to not retain as much length too... Lots of people with my length hair say it takes them at least an hour. I don't think I'm being careful enough
                        Coffee Stirrer Curls (4a/b), fine texture, low porosity, very thick density
                        Last Relaxer June 2009 ~ BC December 2009 ~ HHG To be continued

Adventures of JnB and xal: Current CSJ
                        First CSJ Feed
                        Most Recent CSJ Old Forum

Youtube Channel
                        Tumblr
                        Twitter

"I put no chemicals. Only juices and berries" ~ Coming to America

Comment

My hair stay in protective styles so I don't have an issue but on wash day It takes about a good 30 minutes and I do not attempt unless my hair is saturated with conditioner and water

Comment

Ooo wee that's serious lol 2 hours! no way will I go from 5 mins to 2 hours of detangling I hope it stays easy as is it is ^** crossing fingers **^

Comment

IDK, I mean I don't feel like I rush through the process or anything. I use a wide tooth comb, I saturate with conditioner & water...I start at the ends and work my way up. I don't lose too much hair...so maybe some ppl just take more time detangling than others.
                              iTweet . iTumble.

Comment

Working...
                              X