Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Hair Help!

Hi Gorgeous ladies!

Okay, I need your help. My hair is DRY and I mean DRY, DRY, DRY! I hardly ever put heat on it (maybe one every few months when I get a blowout). I air dry with a t-shirt, I moisturize, I seal. I do everything right but my hair is still so dry!

What are some tips and tricks you all use to curb your dry hair issues??

Thanks in advance!
    xo

You may get more help if you describe your hair, the products you use, and the way you use them.

Comment

I keep my hair braided or in mini-twists and spray w/ oil or aloe vera juice and Taliah Waajid medicated protective mist bodifier spray. I henna and do a bentonite mud wash about once a month; this helps to combat dryness and other issues. I also shampoo/condition w/ ORS but follow w/ a leave in conditioner and use a lot of shea butter and other oils. Not sure what you're using, but try switching or eliminating some of your products and see if that helps.
      2nd time around: Last relaxer approx Jan 2007
      Totally kinky-coily since 2008
      Henna head

Comment

Does your hair feel weighed down and unmanageable? If so, then it sounds to me like you might have product build up. If that is the case, then you'll need a clarifying shampoo to take care of it. The clarifying shampoo would give it that renew feeling. Also, the products you are using could cause dryness. So perhaps try light hair products, will help. Even depending on how much product you put in your hair. The less product you use, will decrease that dryness. Being a product junky, if you're like me, can increase dryness and build up. So keep that in mind. Less is definitely more.

Comment

I think you can also try to do some treatments like hot oil and you can also try to put some hair mask to protect it from further dryness.
          valuepointdistribution.com reviews

Comment

Do you deep condition?

Comment

Your hair might not like some of the products you use. Like I used to use coconut oil in my DC and my hair would be fine until I got out the shower. It turns out my hair doesn't like it and it made my hair feel soooo dry (I'm protein sensitive). Now I just use honey, EVOO and sometimes milk in my DC and it made a huge difference.

Sent from my GT-S5300 using CurlyNikki App
              Last edited by liv_luv_Bhappy; 01-26-2014, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X