X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protective Style Advice!

Hey Curlfriends! My 1 year nappiversary is on the 18th and to celebrate I want to get my hair done in a protective style. Besides the fact that it is getting cold out quicker that I expected and I don't want the ends of my hair to break off from the weather conditions. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions as to what I should get done with my hair. I really want Havana or Marley Twist but I am not sure how long they will last and I need something I can keep in for at least 2 months or longer. What do you ladies suggest?...Also I will be clipping my ends for the first time since i've been growing my hair and I was wondering if would be better to clip my ends before I get my hair braided up or after? Thanks in advanced.

I have marley twists, and I LOVE them. I say go for it. I'm not sure if they can last 2 months though. This is the first time that I've worn mine. I did them myself. It's not too hard once you get the invisible root method technique down. I'm going to redo mine every 4 weeks. It's week 2 for me and they don't look too shabby but I'm definitely sticking to 4 weeks and not any longer than that.

From what I've read about marley twists there are people that don't keep them in too long past 4 weeks because of the frizz from the incoming growth. Marley twists show your scalp a bit more depending on how big you get them so your new growth would definitely be noticeable.

Congrats on your nappiversary! The anniversary of my big chop is at the end of this month too!

Have a natural hair blog/vlog? Submit your information to have a profile on the new Natural Hair Blog Directory! Our mission is to promote natural hair blogs and help others find natural hair blogs that they can relate to through our uniquely organized directory listings. Visit thenhbdirectory.com for more details.

Personalities | Natural Hair | TAP | Christian Walk | Just Life - Visit my blog: lovethyintrovert.com!

Comment

Working...
    X