X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dyed my hair... It came out orangy :(

I had braids in for 6 weeks. I took them out a week ago and rocked a chunky braid out until yesterday. I decided to go to the salon to have my ends trimmed. Since i was there I decided to try coloring my hair (first time coloring my hair ever). I wanted to get copper-bronze highlights but it came out so orange. The stylist saw that i didn't like it and offered to re-do the color in the same sitting. I said no because i didn't want my hair to be over processed. But now I'm wondering how long before I can re-dye it. I might try using henna to darken the color but i don't know how long I should wait before using henna.

Any advice?

Originally posted by nappynaps View Post
    I had braids in for 6 weeks. I took them out a week ago and rocked a chunky braid out until yesterday. I decided to go to the salon to have my ends trimmed. Since i was there I decided to try coloring my hair (first time coloring my hair ever). I wanted to get copper-bronze highlights but it came out so orange. The stylist saw that i didn't like it and offered to re-do the color in the same sitting. I said no because i didn't want my hair to be over processed. But now I'm wondering how long before I can re-dye it. I might try using henna to darken the color but i don't know how long I should wait before using henna.

Any advice?
    You can ask either HennaSooq or the owner of Mehandi.com about using henna after chemical dyes. They are both very nice. HennaSooq has a Facebook page where she answers questions, too.

www.Mehandi.com

http://www.hennasooq.com/

Comment

Can u post a pic??? It may not be as bad as U think. I have found that when coloring, both relaxed and natural, that color that "takes" usually is kind of "loud" at first, but calms down. Ironically, I was just telling someone yesterday about my experience of getting highlights and feeling I had "orange hair", so i feel you... (But I rocked it like I meant for it to look like that....and eventually, either it calmed down, or I did...lol). But u were right not to get another color on top of it....I would wait AT least a week, (better 2), before processing it again. Color is very drying!! And orange hair is better than NO hair!!!
      www.babyknotsboutique.etsy.com

Comment

Actually...henna performs better on hair that's been colored (or relaxed) because the hair is much more porous, so the color can penetrate deeper and it might even last a little longer too!

Henna is all natural so logically speaking, you shouldn't have a problem applying it soon after coloring at all. Do go ahead and check with your henna vendor just in case, but I'm positive you shouldn't have an issue. Do make sure it's Body Art Quality (BAQ) henna.
        Last perm: April 2, 2012 Long-Term Transitioning
        Wiry texture Coarse strands Normal porosity Normal elasticity High density

Rhassoul clay Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
        Komaza Califia Moisturizing Cream Oils Hydrolyzed protein
        Yes to Carrots Shampoo

Comment

Working...
        X