X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4a, 4b, 4c Hair Type & Styling

Hi, so I just became a natural on the April 27th My Birthday =). I did so because I wanted stronger healthier hair, and I felt as if my perm was taking over my life. Lol But, any who I started to look up videos on how to take care of natural hair, and I noticed that people were saying what kind of hair types there are. So naturally I began to explore to find out what type of hair I have. It turns out I am a lovely 4a 4b hair type, which I have grown to love in these short months. But, I was wondering what styles look good on this specific type of hair, and how do I make my coils stand out more? I have come to find out that my hair “curls or coils” (idk if that’s the right terminology) well with just water & Conditioner, as strange as that might sound. My question is, what else can I put in my hair to make the coils stay in?

Hi!

I've found that for myself anything that says "hold" usually keeps my hair in place. Sometimes even conditioner can have a good hold to if as long as you dont touch your hair after styling.

Gel, creamy gels/stylers, etc.
    Instagram - lovinglife0078

Find me blogging

Worry about your character and not your reputation, because your character is who you are and your reputation is just what people think about you.

Comment

Thank so much, I've heard about the Eco Styling Gel so I'm going to give that a try. But, I'm so scared I've never put gel in my hair before.

Comment

Oh man I understand what your talking about. I think that you should try out a few thinks. Like the shea mosture brand or try the brand curls unleashed (the blue color). It works for me a times.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by Ebone View Post
          Thank so much, I've heard about the Eco Styling Gel so I'm going to give that a try. But, I'm so scared I've never put gel in my hair before.
          Eco Styler gel is fine. I used it when I first went natural and had great results. Just make sure you put a leave in up under it or any gel to alleviate crunchiness.

I used to use the Eco Styler Argan oil one.
          B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Comment

All natural butters are the bomb.com for hold for me. My favorite is hemp seed butter, but I also use and like almond and avocado butters.

EL-NL-SL-APL-BSL

Comment

Haha I just purchased the Argan Oil one too.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Thanks, I will check this out too. I'm down to try anything that works.

Comment

Yeah, I've been using Shea oil and it works well, but it helps more to combat dryness.

Comment

And going off topic a bit is it normal for my hair to shrink so much??? My hair is shoulder length when wet or straightened, but looks like a bush when dry lol.

Attached Files

Comment

I had about a 50/50 mix of 3C/4A hair and my hair shrinks like crazy. As my hair is getting longer I'm looking for ways to elongate my curls. I've just switched to using treseme naturals vibrantly smooth conditioner as my cowash and leave in. My hair has a tiny bit more hang time and is super soft and moisturized

Comment

And going off topic a bit is it normal for my hair to shrink so much??? My hair is shoulder length when wet or straightened, but looks like a bush when dry lol.

Um...yeah lol. Stretched my hair is about 7 inches. Not stretched? About 2 1/2. SMH...
                        B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Comment

Yeah the shrinkage is real with type 4 hair. My hair shrinks 50% or even more -____-

Comment

Sometimes my hair shrinks so much that every O loop in a coil virtually doesn't even have space between it. So instead of a coil, it looks like a tube. Luckily this only can happen to certain, tighter sections, and I usually stretch my hair to prevent this anyway. My hair is apl stretched and I can get a medium length twa with my shrinkage, no joke.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App
                            Learning to love my 3c/4a hair for what it is each and every day. I'm in a 2 year waist length challenge, currently collarbone length. Never relaxed, but used excessive heat in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by IndieCoils View Post
                              Sometimes my hair shrinks so much that every O loop in a coil virtually doesn't even have space between it. So instead of a coil, it looks like a tube. Luckily this only can happen to certain, tighter sections, and I usually stretch my hair to prevent this anyway. My hair is apl stretched and I can get a medium length twa with my shrinkage, no joke.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App
                              Ugh that's so annoying I really hate shrinkage.

Twitter: Ms_Everythingg
                              Blog: http://loveeunscripted.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X