Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Box Braids, Sengalese Twists, Kinky Twists, Yarn Braids,Sew-Ins etc. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to try yarn braids for a long time, finally did & I love them I don't do much with them (I find myself playing in my hair more often now though) lol. I tried to do a high bun but I didn't like the way it looked

Sent from my DROID Pro using CurlyNikki App
    Attached Files
    BC'ed September 12, 2012
    1 year natural and loving it!
    Thin, Low Porosity, High Density, 3C hair

Instagram:brightsidebrittney
    Tumblr:bulletproofb.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by kimmels View Post
      Here are more-the first one is a sew in and the rest are wigs. I've also had yarn braids and kinky twist but the pics don't show them well
      These are some cute hairstyles! Is that Freetress Bohemian Hair in the first picture?
      -Naturally Happy Since-:September 23rd,2011

Last Relaxer: March 8th,2011
      BC'd: September 23rd,2011

Come Join My Blog Here!:http://naturallyuniquesistas.blogspot.com
      People act like Black girls are born with a little tube of relaxer & a note that says, ‘My bad.’- God.” -Jermaine B
      "Don't tell me I need to get a perm unless God specificly tells you I do!"-UniqueKinks14
      Instagram:@NaturallyMeena

Comment

Originally posted by bjoseph5 View Post
        I wanted to try yarn braids for a long time, finally did & I love them I don't do much with them (I find myself playing in my hair more often now though) lol. I tried to do a high bun but I didn't like the way it looked

They seem as if they are low maintanence because you don't have to worry about keeping up your ends. Plus I don't think theirs one person with yarn braids who hair doesn't look right or fit them. (which is a very good thing lol) I really want to try these

People act like Black girls are born with a little tube of relaxer & a note that says, ‘My bad.’- God.” -Jermaine B
        "Don't tell me I need to get a perm unless God specificly tells you I do!"-UniqueKinks14

Comment

Yes they are low maintenance which I definitely love. I'm a lazy natural lol. You should definitely try them

Originally posted by UniqueKinks14 View Post
          They seem as if they are low maintanence because you don't have to worry about keeping up your ends. Plus I don't think theirs one person with yarn braids who hair doesn't look right or fit them. (which is a very good thing lol) I really want to try these

BC'ed September 12, 2012
          1 year natural and loving it!
          Thin, Low Porosity, High Density, 3C hair

Instagram:brightsidebrittney
          Tumblr:bulletproofb.tumblr.com

Comment

Well, just look at my avatar lol...I love box braids. I will be taking them out in a week though. But I love how they feel and how low maintenance they are.
            B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Comment

Hey! How long do y'all wait after you take a set of braids down before getting them again? I have Senegalese twists now and am afraid of my edges coming out. Lol. But I love them and want them again soon. Also, how do you take care of them as far as moisturizing? Mine still look good but I haven't been moisturizing my hair underneath. 😔

Comment

Thank you!
                These are very cute and neat!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by Lishnik View Post
                  Hey! How long do y'all wait after you take a set of braids down before getting them again? I have Senegalese twists now and am afraid of my edges coming out. Lol. But I love them and want them again soon. Also, how do you take care of them as far as moisturizing? Mine still look good but I haven't been moisturizing my hair underneath. 😔
                  Hey! How are you?... Once, I waited a little over a month. Another time when I did my yarn braids after the box braids, I only waited about 5 or 6 days. I never had kinky or sengalese twists, yet, but Im guessing washing & moisturizing...oils, spritzing.

Be free...be you...and most of all be blessed!!

Comment

These are some cute hairstyles! Is that Freetress Bohemian Hair in the first picture?
                    Nope it's actually Vibe/Outre Bohemian curl
                    Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Braelynn Blue View Post
                      Well, just look at my avatar lol...I love box braids. I will be taking them out in a week though. But I love how they feel and how low maintenance they are.
                      Definitely agree! And the styles go on and on with it and you can be unique with the styles at the same time which is a major plus for me lol

Comment

Originally posted by kimmels View Post
                        Nope it's actually Vibe/Outre Bohemian curl
                        Omg! This is the hair I've been so longing to try but they don't sell it here where I live. Sooo I'll have to get it next time I find it somewhere out of town because this hair is beautiful and has a natural look to it

Comment

@kimmels I love the braids and weave! Did you just cut the hair off the weft for the braids? Also, do you braid past your real hair?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

here's a pic of me the first time I did yarn braids. Then a pic of the 2nd time (which is what I'm still wearing), excuse the mess in the background...

Sent from my SGH-T839 using CurlyNikki App
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm debating between box braids or sengalese twists. Want them waist length. I really like the box braids but I think the sengalese twists will be more forgiving to fine hair curlies like myself. Please chime in curliesWhich do you curlies think will be less stressful on the hair? I have fine 3c/4a hair. Not to mention my temples are somewhat thin from my relaxer and glued in weave days
                              Natural since 2/2010
                              3c/4a

Comment

Originally posted by Naturallysexy77 View Post
                                I'm debating between box braids or sengalese twists. Want them waist length. I really like the box braids but I think the sengalese twists will be more forgiving to fine hair curlies like myself. Please chime in curliesWhich do you curlies think will be less stressful on the hair? I have fine 3c/4a hair. Not to mention my temples are somewhat thin from my relaxer and glued in weave days
                                Definitely sengalese twists! They're lighter and won't pull (hope I'm using the right word) as much as braids. I have medium sized waist length box braids in and they were heavy the first couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                                X