Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOrso
    started a topic General product discussion

General product discussion

I did not want to do this in another thread and go too far off the thread topic so I'm starting one. I have questions, comments, views, and discoveries regarding products(both manufactured and homemade) and I invite you all to pour into this thread what you can't in other threads.

Down 2 bizness...

Firstly, Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream was in my local grocery store.... I wasn't expecting that at all. Not even my local Sally's carries it and here it is at the same store where I procured my lasagna fixins...weird.. ... but I'mma see if I like it.

Secondly, I first heard of Eco Styler about 2 months ago on CurlTalk. And 2day I saw it for the first time. I did not buy any cuz I wasn't sure what hold strength would do me well. I'm a 4c and I don't need my kinks gettin all hard and crunchy. Help me out, kids!

Lastly, I was in Sally's 2day and in addition to finding a pack of tracks reduced to 3.99, I also found Ion brand prepoo treatment that is cone free. It's a blend of olive, lavander, and argan oils. I'mma put it in my bentonite hair mask rather than as an actual prepoo. Seeing as how I don't poo NEmore... just wanted to put that out there in case NEone is interested.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using CurlyNikki App

• mlank64
    replied
    After 2.5 years of searching for products that work on my hair and spending alot of money on the so called CG friendly products...I have finally found the products that work wonders on my densely thick, fine low porosity 3c/4a strands. (S CURL ACTIVATOR SPRAY/Echo Styling Gel/Grapeseed Oil)

These products give me moisture, hold, shine, softness, elasticity, curls, and less breakage and hair fall. All of this is sub zero temps in upstate NY. The great thing about these products is that they are cheap and assessible. I can get any of these products at TJ Max, Walmart, Sally's, Wegmans, and Walgreens, CVS etc.

I only mention this because I have purchased alot of products on the ground and online. I found that my hair just doesn't like heavy creams, butters, puddings, and custard based products. Gylcerin based products are really the only thing that moisturizes my hair. As long as I put the gel on top and then the grapeseed oil I'm good to go. I can't believe how beautiful my hair turned out . I can't keep my hands off it. For those who have low porosity hair...this maybe for you.

Leave a comment:

• KOrso
    replied
    Originally posted by Lady Judah View Post
    Yeah that MJ leave in was not the business. Smelled like a commercial cleanser and wasn't very moisturizing.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using CurlyNikki App
    Absolutely no moisture until I applied my Buttercreme.....by far the biggest disappointment of any product I've ever tried

Sent from my C5155 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• KOrso
    replied
    Originally posted by shortnsweet View Post
    it smells like lever 2000

why Lord?!!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using CurlyNikki App
    I was thinkin Zest.......but that too LoL

Leave a comment:

• Lady Judah
    replied
    Yeah that MJ leave in was not the business. Smelled like a commercial cleanser and wasn't very moisturizing.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• shortnsweet
    replied
    it smells like lever 2000

why Lord?!!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• KOrso
    replied
    I said this in another thread but I'm so disappointed I need to say it again....

Miss Jessie's sent me a sample packet of Leave in Condish. I had wash day yesterday and tried it. This is stupid! What is the company thinkin? The stuff straight smells like a bar of soap (keeping in theme with the last product which smells like fabric softener) and once it was in my hair the scent amplified BIG TIME!! Plus the product actually lathered.....a leave in????? Really????

Why has the company tainted a good, successful product line? Where's the Miss Jessie's of 2008?? Historically I am free promotion for this company; I'm just a tad pissed....LoL

Leave a comment:

• KOrso
    replied
    Well I've tried a few of my free samples from MyHoney Child.

Honey Nut Scalp Cleanser - MISS
    Honey Hair Mask - HIT
    Aloe Vera Leave-in - HIT
    Buttery Soy Hair Creme - HIT

The hits must be used together in my opinion. Seems like in recent years that "for best results, use the entire line of products" line is becoming more true. I remember when it was NEVER true LoL...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ChanFacets View Post
    Yes my hair must be almost dry in order for it to work. My hair is funny like that! I just realized what my hair likes and dislikes are after 2 years.
    Thank you so much for the advice, @ChanFacets. I was unhappy the first time I tried the TW Bodifier because my hair was wet. Not soaking wet, but not damp either. Today, I plopped for about 30 minutes, and then spritzed the PMB 6 times on each nearly dry section. It worked much better! It doesn't have a ton of slip like I like my liquid leave ins to have, but it's very moisturizing and it added some shine to my twists. Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• KOrso
    replied
    Anyone ever heard of Herbal Choice Mari? I tried their Green Tea & Peppermint shampoo, as well as their Conditioning Rinse. Not bad at all. Followed it with my Kimmaytube leave in. I'm pleased.

The catalog that came with my order says your Herbal Choice Mari shampoo selection must be used with the Conditioning Rinse for proper pH. The Kimmaytube leave in (pretty much errthang she does) is all about pH balance. Maybe that's why I'm so pleased.

Last edited by KOrso; 01-05-2013, 11:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KOrso
    replied
    Ok so I heard Suave Naturals Conditioner was cone free. Then I saw it @ Wallgreens for $1.00. I bought the blue one instead of the green one cuz fruity smelling hair ain't my flava. I followed the directions on the bottle and liked it. So I'm sure it would make a decent DC, condish mix, or leave in mix.

I'll call this product my back up!

Leave a comment:

• Truthfulmocha
    replied
    Not sure if anyone is interested, but Target has Shea Moisture products Buy One Get One 50% off. I just picked up some stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Naturally Sassy
    replied
    Got 5 bottles that were on sale
    Originally posted by KOrso View Post
    Go TRESemmé NATURALS!!!!! I'm likin' it a lot, kids. Just using it as a DC. I was a lil salty to see it $2 cheaper at another store after I bought it. LoL.....Live & learn - then shop @ Walmart...

Sent from my HTC One V using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• KOrso
    replied
    Go TRESemmé NATURALS!!!!! I'm likin' it a lot, kids. Just using it as a DC. I was a lil salty to see it $2 cheaper at another store after I bought it. LoL.....Live & learn - then shop @ Walmart...

Leave a comment:

• ChanFacets
    replied
    Originally posted by Naturally Esq View Post
    Sounds like you have low porosity hair Hair Porosity and Width- Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Styles and Natural Hair Care

Check out the suggestions in the "All Things Low Porosity" thread in the Natural Hair Support section of this site.
    Thanks I'll give it a look

Leave a comment:

Working...
X