Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a quick way to unclog hair from bathtub drain without using chemicals?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• Originally posted by thecrazy88 View Post
      Is there a quick way to unclog hair from bathtub drain without using chemicals?

I use to take a straightened out hanger and dig it out. It's gross but effective

Comment

Is there a quick way to unclog hair from bathtub drain without using chemicals?

1/2 cup Baking soda down the drain, then 1/2 cup of white vinegar. Wait 1/2 hour and run hot water down the drain. Repeat if necessary. That gets the conditioner, shampoo and gucky stuff to loosen up. It should either rinse all the way down or be easier to pull out. Get one of those cheap plastic hair catchers from the store. They are usually about $2 and stop most of the hair from going in the drain.

This treatment is good for sluggish kitchen and/or stinky drains too.
        Texture: Coily, zigzags, kinky and one little bit wavy.
        Store bought Staples: Honey, I'm strong, HE TotallyTwisted Gel, FX Silk Drops silicone serum.
        Homemade Staples: Mixed butter, butter and oil pomades, handmade hair creams and lotions.
        Style preference: Low manipulation, tuck and roll, loose buns and twists.
        Ayurvedic: Henna, amla, zizzy, tulsi, brahmi, shikaikai, etc.

Comment

• Does anyone use Garnier Fructis products and have an opinion on them? Specifically the "oils" and leave-in conditioners.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetCocoaCurls View Post
            Do we really really have to use a leave in conditioner in our hair or is it just an optional feature⁉️😦😕😯
            Optional. It's your preference....

Comment

• Originally posted by Madeaj View Post
              1/2 cup Baking soda down the drain, then 1/2 cup of white vinegar. Wait 1/2 hour and run hot water down the drain. Repeat if necessary. That gets the conditioner, shampoo and gucky stuff to loosen up. It should either rinse all the way down or be easier to pull out. Get one of those cheap plastic hair catchers from the store. They are usually about $2 and stop most of the hair from going in the drain.

This treatment is good for sluggish kitchen and/or stinky drains too.
              Wow! Talk about perfect timing! Was just thinking today I absolutely NEED to find a way to unclog my tub, well it's not clogged but sluggish. Thank you so much!!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• Originally posted by cheliebee View Post
                My hair is shoulder-length and the bottom 3 inches are fried. Its a big poof when dry. Should I cut off the 3 inches and start over, cut an inch every other month. I haven't been taking good care of my hair and its to be expected. I live in a small town with no access to a natural hair salon, the nearest is over 60 miles.
                Ideas?
                I've seen naptural85 on YouTube do it herself. Check it out.
                Veronica

Comment

• For those of you who use Jamacain Black Castor Oil, how long does it take for you to use a 4 ounce bottle of oil? Do you apply it to your hair as well as your roots and scalp?

Second question -

Has anyone ever used the scalp massagers that you can order from online? If so, does it work and is it worth ordering?

http://www.amazon.com/Hand-Held-Scal...scalp+massager

Thanks.

Comment

• TrueLifeDiva
                    TrueLifeDiva commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It depends how long and thick your hair is. Also how much you use makes a difference too. I used up a bottle during a 3 month castor oil challenge. I was transitioning at the time. I used it throughout the entire length of my then BSL hair, reapplying every other day when I massaged my scalp. I have fine 3c hair.
                    Last edited by TrueLifeDiva; 03-10-2014, 02:39 PM. Reason: typo
                    ---

• Maybe you're not using the right sealant. I had the same problem for a long time before I realized the oils I used weren't heavy enough. Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• I want to use a banana in my hair. Is it absolutely necessary to use a blender or can you mix it by hand? Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• Madeaj
                      Madeaj commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It is absolutely necessary. Otherwise you will have a crazy time trying to get tiny particles of banana out of your hair. If you must mix by hand, you should press the result through a fine mesh sieve to get as smooth a blend as possible. Or you can get the infant baby food banana and use that. It really needs to be very smooth.
                      ---

Does anyone use Garnier Fructis products and have an opinion on them? Specifically the "oils" and leave-in conditioners.

I loved the products and the way they worked for my hair. What I didn't like was the fact that they discontinued products that I liked. They did that often. I'm not one for change when it comes to my hair!

The oils that I used were silicone based, so I loved them: moisture retention, no frizz or knots and a great shine.

I liked the leave-in, but I don't remember the specifics.
                    Wen...nothing else!

Comment

I want to use a banana in my hair. Is it absolutely necessary to use a blender or can you mix it by hand? Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App
                      +1 on the baby food!

The last time I made a DT, it contained avocado. 3 uses in, I started getting avocado fibers in my hair and they would not come out!

That was why it was my last DT.
                      Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Working...
                      X