X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regimen

Hi, i was pursing going natural for a year but had to much breakage so instead of transitioning i big chopped into a tapered style now im new to this so im trying to get help with creating a regimen to keep my hair healthy my hair is 4a/3c it is easier to manage when wet its very dense and can become dry very easy if my hair is not in a protective style or wig i cowash oil then use curling smoothie on a flat twist out that it the only style i do other then a wash n go i deep condition with shea moisture shea butter mask every two weeks but that about it i need major help

Umm not sure what above post is about lol. Buuuut congrats on the big chop, seems like you have a regimen sort of in place already with your deep conditioning, oil, and flat twists. If your hair responds well keep it up. Try different products, see what your hair likes if you haven't discovered that already. Try wash n go's they're not for everyone (me lol) but may work for you, protective style. Just experiment until it feels right. We are all here if you have questions. Some of the opinions and answers of the ladies on here are very good/knowledgeable. Good luck hunny. :-) Sent from my HTC6515LVW using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Sounds like you have high porosity hair (This hair loses moisture easily and is prone to frizz & tangling in humidity. This type of hair absorbs chemicals 2x as fast and color fades slower). This is the type of hair I have.

Your best bet is to moisturize daily and deep condition more often than 1x every two weeks - 1x a week may be better. Usually, I moisturize my hair daily with a hair "butter" before I go to bed.

Recently, I made up a spray bottle of coconut oil and a few more essential oils to address my hair's moisture issues (or lack thereof). I mist my hair daily with my concoction and my hair LOVES it. You may want to do a little research on the following oils and see if they may be of benefit to you: Avocado, Almond, Hibiscus, Grapseed, Vitamin E, Castor & Peppermint. These oils are relatively cheap ($5-$7 per bottle) and found at any health food store. If you decide to make up a spray bottle of your own, I highly recommend using organic coconut oil as a base.

I hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
      X