Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Naturals: Transitioning or Fully Natural !

I want to here your stories ! What were your processes like when you decided to go natural. What were some reactions you got from others about you going natural ? What was your confidence level like in the beginning and what is it like now ? LET'S SHARE !

While I'm asking for you to share your stories, I should share mine:
    I am a sophomore, 2016 ! I am 1yr 4months post relaxer and still currently transitioning. I think the main reason I haven't big chopped yet is because I'm trying to hold on to the length that I have for as long as possible, although I do trim a little here and there. But, I really don't mind the transitioning process. I mainly do braid outs, those are literally my go to hairstyle if all else fails. After my one year mark, which was Jan. 5, 2014, I really got out of the "straight hair" mindset. I gained more confidence in myself and my hair and I'm loving the feeling. Since then, I've gotten lots of compliments at school and even inspired some people to wanna try switching to the natural side lol. At home I guess you could say the support is mutual. Sometimes a family member will say "Are you sure you wanna give up the perm life for good?" or they'll crack jokes when I'm walking around looking crazy, but they're embracing my style.

My name is Kyndhal stewart, I'm a junior in High School and I love my natural hair. I started transitioning last year because my once shoulder length hair broke off the just below ear length because of back-to-back relaxers. Transitioning was both fun, scary, and frustrating. After a couple of months, detangling was the struggle! I wanted to cut my hair sooner than I did, but my mother wouldn't stand for it. my main styles were pinned flat twists, braids, or flat twist outs. I got weaves a couple of times, however, that lead to heat damage in the front of my hair, which I am currently growing out. I big chopped last month and i LOVE my hair! i wouldn't change it for the world!
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"- Eleanor Roosevelt

Last Relaxer: January 12th, 2013
    Big Chop: April 12th, 2014

Comment

• StrugglingBeauty
      StrugglingBeauty commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great, I'm happy for you and your love for your hair !
      ---

Working...
X