Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help for My Hair situation

Hello All I just joined today.

I was diagnosed with a brain tumor last year. The surgery went well and all of my hair filed back in. I had to undergo radiation to the brain afterward.
    The area that was treated became completely bald by the first of June 2013, I also had thinning in other areas of my hair/scalp.
    The areas of the thinning have filled in great, but the bald area still has a large bald spots. I have been using women Rogaine since Dec 2013, I have seen a little fuzz (thin hair) come through. At this point I want to try Ovation Cell Therapy system or Megatek . The doctors don’t have a lot of suggestions appears most people with brain tumors are older men and there is not a lot of information about attempting to grow the hair back. I am just attempting to get back to my ½ inch per month. Sorry I wanted to include I have been going natural through this entire process have not a relaxer since 2012. I want to stay natural.

The hair is missing to the front right of my head I have hair in all of the other areas, so I have been wearing hats and scarves to cover that area. I am grateful through it all but the hat and scarf situation can be hard sometimes, trying to keep them on or match events. I just want to know what you all think of Ovations or Mega-Tek for my situation. I am open to any suggestion my doctors don’t have any at this point just telling me to wait a little longer.

I was diagnosed with a brain tumor last year. The surgery went well and all of my hair filed back in. I had to undergo radiation to the brain afterward.
    The area that was treated became completely bald by the first of June 2013, I also had thinning in other areas of my hair/scalp.
    The areas of the thinning have filled in great, but the bald area still has a large bald spots. I have been using women Rogaine since Dec 2013, I have seen a little fuzz (thin hair) come through. At this point I want to try Ovation Cell Therapy system or Megatek . The doctors don’t have a lot of suggestions appears most people with brain tumors are older men and there is not a lot of information about attempting to grow the hair back. I am just attempting to get back to my ½ inch per month. Sorry I wanted to include I have been going natural through this entire process have not a relaxer since 2012. I want to stay natural.
    The hair is missing to the front right of my head I have hair in all of the other areas, so I have been wearing hats and scarves to cover that area. I am grateful through it all but the hat and scarf situation can be hard sometimes, trying to keep them on or match events. I just want to know what you all think of Ovations or Mega-Tek for my situation. I am open to any suggestion my doctors don’t have any at this point just telling me to wait a little longer.

Hello! I'm glad your surgery went well! As for growing your hair back with those products I have never heard of them. But I think essential oils and jamaican black castor oil would be a good start. Sent from my C6916 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I dont mean to sound simplistic, but... Do you do scalp massages? I'm a retired hairdresser and I can't tell you how often that is overlooked. People will apply ointments and concoctions, let it sit on their scalp, and then expect fantastic results. I once had a client who's daughter had a bald spot from ringworm. She was convinced the hair would never grow back since it had been bald for over 2yrs. I told her to massage her child's scalp every night for a few minutes to stimulate growth. She reported back a month later that her daughter's bald patch had started growing again!
      Congratulations on your successful recovery :-D. God bless you.
      DivaWorld blog @ TrueLifeDiva.wordpress.com *Last relaxer June 2011, fully relaxer free June 2013 *Hair type 3C, color treated, fine strands

Comment

I just recently heard of scalp massages myself. I have thinning edges, with some bald areas and I have started massaging with oils. I only started doing this a week ago. Should you massage everyday or is once a week during a hot oil treatment sufficient? Sent from my C6916 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• TrueLifeDiva
          TrueLifeDiva commented
          Editing a comment
          I would recomend several times a week, every other day if possible. Once a week would not be enough stimulation.
          ---

I 100% agree with TrueLifeDiva's recommendation of scalp massages! As simple as that is, it is SO effective! Now that it is warming up a bit (not sure where you live) you should stop wearing that hats and scarves unless the hats are lined with satin and the scarves are satin. You could be causing additional harm to your hair with the hats because it can cause serious friction and breakage! Also, make sure that you are protecting your hair overnight with a satin bonnet or pillowcase!

Comment

Working...
        X