X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***What do you suggest?*** Tweaks to the new forum

This thread is for those who have suggestions to make the site better. They will be passed on to the tech team. Some suggestions may be implemented, some may not.

For instance, it would be great if it had the ability to let you choice the size of the pic you want to upload, instead of telling you that the size of your pic is too big. The app had that capability.

Hello, I haven't been on the site lately. I used the app more often than logging on to this site. Is the app fixed and available just yet? I hope so! I miss reading hair advice, vents, and seeing hair pics.

Originally posted by juanab View Post
    This thread is for those who have suggestions to make the site better. They will be passed on to the tech team. Some suggestions may be implemented, some may not.

For instance, it would be great if it had the ability to let you choice the size of the pic you want to upload, instead of telling you that the size of your pic is too big. The app had that capability.
    Last relaxer:1/27/2013. Big Chop: 12/15/13 GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

Comment

• juanab
      juanab commented
      Editing a comment
      The site is mobile optimized, the app is no longer needed. A formal announcement will be made.
      ---

No more app? That's upsetting. Honestly I find it a little annoying to have to type in the site name to get here when all I had to do was open the app before. I'll get usedto it I guess. I'm having a few issues with the site too. It won't let me apply spaces in between my words sometimes, (the reason why 'used to' is one word in a couple sentences back), and I hate the fact that it keeps logging me out after a while. The constant notifications for every post that comes after mine is also a nuisance. I just would really prefer the app back.
    Type 4, Coarse, Low Porosity.
    75% shrinkage. APL stretched.
    Natural since 3.7.11.

Comment

• juanab
      juanab commented
      Editing a comment
      You can put the site on your homepage (that's what I have done on my iPhone). It becomes an icon on my homepage, then I just click to open, just like the app. You can turn off notifications in your settings. I haven't had any issues regarding the site not letting me put spaces in between words. There is a help link on the red bar at the bottom of every page. You will find answer to some of your questions/problems there.
      ---

• TrueLifeDiva
      TrueLifeDiva commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried to reply directly to Juanab or at least quote, but those functions aren't an option on my phone with this new revamped site.
      I tried to create a shortcut to replace the app. I dont know about iphones but my android isnt having it. What I had to do was bookmark the site. These are the steps I have to take:
      1. open browser
      2. go to bookmarks
      3. find curly nikki bookmark
      4. open bookmarked site
      5. once there click on forums tab at top
      The only thing I havent had to do is sign in each time. I don't see how this is an improvement over the app.
      ---

• aynnit
      aynnit commented
      Editing a comment
      TrueLifeDiva I found a way to put the site on my homepage. It took me forever but it's possible. You have to bookmark the site and go to your homepage Menu, then go to the widgets. There's a widget on there for it somewhere. I'm trying to find any way to adjust to this change, but I'm just really not feeling it.
      ---

I would like to see a tab for posts that I'd previously participated in.
    -Bri Etsy.com/shop/geekycurly www.GeekyCurly.com

Comment

Agreed. That was one of the things I liked most about the mobile app.

Originally posted by beYOUtiful View Post
      I would like to see a tab for posts that I'd previously participated in.
      Last relaxer:1/27/2013. Big Chop: 12/15/13 GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

Comment

I wish they had asked the users what we wanted before they ruined CurlyNikki forums. I don't understand doing away with the app. That is not the direction I see any website taking anywhere. This way isn't more convenient or easier to use. And by the numbers I don't think anyone else is finding this an improvement. My suggestion is going back. I am an if it ain't broke don't fix it type of person. And when you mess up, own it and go back to the tried and true way. Newer isn't always better.

Comment

I also think we should be able to tag people in our posts, much like instagram and Twitter. That would make replying to people way easier, especially since we can't direct our posts to a specific person when we comment under other people's posts. (Ex: TrueLifeDiva trying to reply to Juana in the comments under my post)
          Natural since 3.7.11.

Comment

I just found that changing your avatar over the mobile site is absolutely horrific and confusing. I can't seem to fix my picture right. I could only set the corner of my picture to be seen. Another problem I just encountered was trying to edit posts. Instead of editing, it completely erases the whole previous post, so if I just wanted to correct a word in my post, I would have to completely write the post over. Maybe it's just me with all of these problems, I don't know.
            Last edited by aynnit; 03-16-2014, 03:52 PM.
            Natural since 3.7.11.

Comment

• TrueLifeDiva
              TrueLifeDiva commented
              Editing a comment
              I had the same exact issues. I tried to change my avi from my phone, couldn't expand past thumbnail size/upper corner. Had to jump on desktop or else my avi would still be just the top of my afro ;-).

And I noticed too any editing erases old post and forces you to rewrite. Not to mention the cursor jumps around and you have to fix typos you didn't even make.
              Last edited by TrueLifeDiva; 03-17-2014, 10:18 AM.
              ---

I have to agree, with the previous comments. Most websites are moving to apps, why is CN moving in the opposite direction. This place is a ghost town and scrapping the app is only going to kill this site. But it seems that no one cares. Countless people have voiced their frustrations and the only solution is to kill the app? As a avid CN user I'm extremely disheartened by the recent course of events. My friend recently went natural and I didn't even recommend this site to her. The biggest fix would be to bring back the app.

Comment

I've been here since 2010 and pretty much label myself as a seasonal poster these days. But,it does seem like certain familiar members who I use to notice on various posts do not seem to post anymore. Has anyone else noticed that the "Show that hair of yours" thread has been dead for a month now? It used to be a daily active thread. Maybe many of the people here depended solely on the app to use get through this site? Who knows. I like the new layout though. I barely used the app and only access this site on my laptop every once in a while like for others forums that I have joined. But, I can't say that for others.
              ●BC'ed @ 22 mo. post,May 2012.
              (Living in sub-tropical humidity hell)

Staple styles: "Band" outs, WNG, banded ponytail
              Stable Products: Aussie Miraculously Smooth (rinse out+leave in), Giovanni (DC+Shampoo), JBCO, Grease/wax, any type of glycerin free gel

Comment

• HonnyBrown
                HonnyBrown commented
                Editing a comment
                Ravenm, I've also noticed that there is a lot less traffic. Some curlies relied solely on the app to participate. I'm going to do what Juanab suggests and send a note to the techs about this.
                ---

Mods have no say so in the changes, nor can we do anything about changing back to the app. Please click the "contact us" link at the top just under the Welcome bar, where it says "let us know what you think?". Anything submitted there goes to administrator. May I suggest you express your desire to change back to the app and why, there.

Those who say we (mods) don't care, this thread was made for that very reason. We are trying to help deal with things as they are. I will send in suggestions to help make the site better. Anything pertaining to the app, please send to the admin.
              Last edited by juanab; 03-16-2014, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I am confused. Both the administrator and the tech team are unable to read the complaints and issues with the website unless they are forwarded by the mods or unless we contact the administrator directly? They can't see what we write? All this time they have been unaware of the complaints and technical issues?

Comment

The other half of what I was typing was cut off. ^^^^

Comment

Lilylily, no, techs don't have the time to look at posts unless there is a technical glitch that requires them to do so. The techs handle both the Naturally Curly and Curly Nikki sites. Nikki is the administrator.

The major glitches that impeded the operation of the site, the techs were aware and they were fixed. The suggestions I asked the members to give don't impede the operation of the site, therefore they aren't aware of them.

I wanted to let the members know the most effective route to voice their concerns regarding the site.
                    Last edited by juanab; 03-17-2014, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilylily View Post
                      I wish they had asked the users what we wanted before they ruined CurlyNikki forums. I don't understand doing away with the app. That is not the direction I see any website taking anywhere. This way isn't more convenient or easier to use. And by the numbers I don't think anyone else is finding this an improvement. My suggestion is going back. I am an if it ain't broke don't fix it type of person. And when you mess up, own it and go back to the tried and true way. Newer isn't always better.
                      Uhmmmm yeah. This.
                      Big Chop: 11/25/2009
                      Current Length: BSL
                      Hair Type: Medium/Coarse, Cottony/fluffy, High density & Porosity
                      Goal Length: Hip/Tailbone

Comment

Working...
                      X