Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3C Curly Hair Growth?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this hair forum and wanted to share my hair experiences and get tips from other 3C curl types. I recently cut my hair (those ends had to go) and am looking for the best way to grow my hair back but retain that length. What experiences have you had with your curly hair?

I have also short hair and hate wearing it curly. I'm trying to learn to embrace my curl pattern, but coming up with cute hairstyles is also a struggle. I straighten my hair a lot and am trying to refrain from it because of how damaging it is.
    Share your hair tips with me!

I'll post pictures soon.

I've had a lot of success with length retention and overall health in general when I use GHE (green house effect). I deep condition my hair 5-6 nights a week. This has allowed me to do several color changes within the last year and go from neck length to arm pit length without severe damage. Going blonde has always is a struggle (I recently went blonde-ish again) but my curls bounce back and its due to keeping a close eye on my moisture/protein balance. Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I found that staying away from direct heat has helped my hair thrive. I do still diffuse once a week, but I only flat iron my hair 1-2 times a year, and at least 5-6 months between flat-irons. Try to drink a lot of water to help hair stay hydrated from the inside. And try to do as little manipulation as possible. I style my hair once a week, no multiple wash or style sessions. After that one day, I maintain my style. And do not fall into hand in hair syndrome. Try to keep your hands out of your hair as much as possible.
      Holy Grails:
      Cleanser: Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Oil. ACV.
      Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Oil
      Leave-in: Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave In & SMTN&MO
      Styling Products: EcoStyler. Alikay Naturals Curling Custard.
      Oils: Coconut oil. Carol's Daughter Hair Balm. Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade. Alikay Natural Shea Yogurt. Naptural85's oil mix.
      Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture African Black Soap Purification Masque. Jessicurl Deep Conditioner.

Comment

My hair is drier than normal due to the arctic air. I've had to moisturize more and redo my wash n go mid week. I try to just pay attention to my hairs needs. Moisturize more when it is dry and use protein when it looks limp. I haven't straighten in nearly two years and my curls are loving it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What kind of styles do you do? And thanks for the tips. Sent from my SGH-M919 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I stick to wash and gos and twist and curls. Right now since I've begun working out regularly, I've been sticking to wash and gos because it's easier to maintain while working out. I can sweat and my roots can get puffy without my style looking crazy.
            Holy Grails:
            Cleanser: Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Oil. ACV.
            Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Oil
            Leave-in: Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave In & SMTN&MO
            Styling Products: EcoStyler. Alikay Naturals Curling Custard.
            Oils: Coconut oil. Carol's Daughter Hair Balm. Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade. Alikay Natural Shea Yogurt. Naptural85's oil mix.
            Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture African Black Soap Purification Masque. Jessicurl Deep Conditioner.

Comment

I do WNGs and TOs too. They are easy to do and my WNGs last 5-7 days. TOs are more work for me because I have to retwist each night or my hair will be undefined in the morning. I use combs and bobby pins to make my hair styles more interesting. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

You ladies are so helpful. Thanks a bunch. The more ideas I can come up with the better. Sent from my SGH-M919 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Working...
                X