Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does your hair "change" after you BC?

I was reading a post about the ABC's of transitioning and one cn part talked about how your texture can change after you BC. Can anyone fill me in, and tell me if yours changed when you chopped

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App

I don't know if everyone's hair changes, but mine definitely got coilier/curlier months after the BC. I transitioned for 5 months, right after I BC'd, my hair was kind of straight, but kinky, with a few springy coils sprinkled throughout.

Now it's mostly coiled with a few cottony pieces throughout, so it kind of flip flopped. The shrinkage from the coils makes my hair look about the same length it was after I BC'd.

The first pic is about 2 weeks post BC, the second pic about 2 months post BC. Both were wash and goes with no product.
    Attached Files
    Big Chop - October 22 2010
    Hair - 4a, Dense, Fine to Medium, Low Porosity

Comment

I hate when I cant see the pics! Darn android!

Comment

Bump. Lol

Comment

Same here. My hair was a fluffy cloud when I bc'd. As it grew it became very coily and darn near impossible to detangle. On one hand I love the definition of my little spirals but combing or detangling is a beast.

Comment

I'm still transitioning but cut a small piece to see the curl pattern. It is a lot different.

Sent from my ADR6300 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by Berry3674 View Post
              Same here. My hair was a fluffy cloud when I bc'd. As it grew it became very coily and darn near impossible to detangle. On one hand I love the definition of my little spirals but combing or detangling is a beast.
              Yes! Combing and detangling is a nightmare now. When I first BC'd, I could comb right through my hair with no probs!

Comment

Well according to my new growth ive got spirals and corkscrews, and the front has wavy like s curls and I can run my fingers through easily. Does that sound does that sound 3c 4a?

Comment

I recently cut some of the relaxed hair out the back of my head. I have noticed that it has changed in those places I cut. I was hoping that detangling would be easier when all the relaxed ends are gone because they seem to easily tangle.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsJones View Post
                    Well according to my new growth ive got spirals and corkscrews, and the front has wavy like s curls and I can run my fingers through easily. Does that sound does that sound 3c 4a?

You'll probably hear this a million times, but you really won't know for sure until you BC. How long do you plan on transitioning?

Comment

When I first BC my hair nooo definition..it was just a fuzzy lil fro but once I learned how to retain moisture my hair started to curl and coil up..so once again moisture moisture moisture is important!!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using CurlyNikki App
                      Big Chop: Aug 3rd 2010
                      Hair type: 4a/b
                      Hair texture: extremely THICK

Ray~

Comment

For those that notice many tangles after growth, check your ends. It may be time for a trim. I noticed after I trimmed my ends my hair was a lot easier to comb.

"Good hair is healthy hair"
                        3c/4a. Current Goal apl. Thick. Fine normal coarse strands.

Comment

I plan to transition til I only of a couple of inches of relaxed ends. My hair is about 1/3 new growth right now

Comment

When I bc'ed my hair was almost straight, lifeless in some areas, and suuuuuuuuuper dry. After 2 1/2 weeks of adequate moisturizing, my hair formed into very tight curls. As the months came and went, it started to change more and more. Now 9 months later, my hair in the front, crown, and upper back area is very loosely waved and the other parts are very curly. I still struggle with frizz and dryness if my hair doesn't have a great moisturizer, gel, glycerin, and water.
                            Instagram: @curly_fleur

Comment

Once I mastered moisturizing my hair after my BC, my coils started popping.
                              "God will NEVER put more on you than you can bear"

Fotki
                              Youtube Channel

Big Chop: August 9, 2009
                              Description of Roxie: mostly 4a, medium density, fine/medium strands, low porosity
                              Staple Products: Cream of Nature Shampoo, Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave in, coconut oil, shea butter mix (shea butter, coconut oil, JBCO and olive oil)

Comment

Working...
                              X