Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
"What works for me, may not work for you" What does that really mean? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transition_newbie
    replied
    @lynnie. Thanks for the very informative and much appreciated post. The term "what works for me" is sooo broad. The likes and dislikes are very subjective. It would be great if a curly would include what she likes or dislikes about a product. In my search for HG products, there are certain characteristics i look for too in a product. I cannot be all over the map trying anything and everything. Right now I'm trying to get a handle on moisturizing. And researching products that can give a lil gloss to my hair

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• Brwnsugar24
    replied
    List below your thoughts and what are you expectations of products....

[/QUOTE]

Lynn I love the advice you give here. Here would be my thoughts and expectations (borrowing some from you and adding/removing some )

Leave ins
    -must be creamy
    -must be able to be used alone
    -must be able to moisturize my hair for at least 2 days

Oils
    -must be light enough to not weigh the hair down but not heavy to where the oil doesn't absorb into the hair
    -must absorb into the hair wet or dry

Moisturizer/Styler
    -my moisturizer and styler can be one in the same
    -my styler must be able to be used on wet or dry hair
    -must be able to moisturize my hair for 3 days or longer

Gels
    -must give a good hold but still achieve soft hair
    -must work well with other products

Deep conditioners/Conditioners
    -must have slip because this is when I detangle my hair
    -must make my hair soft during my deep conditioning and after rinsing it out
    -must come in a family size bottle instead of a little bottle (I use to much for little bottles)

Shampoo
    -must smell good
    -must clean the hair and scalp well without stripping it
    -must not require the whole bottle to clean the hair

Leave a comment:

• Lynnieluve
    replied
    Originally posted by fleur View Post
    As usual Lynnie you make a post that needs to be stuck/tacked at the top of the forum. Outstanding information and advice. I wish I had this advice when I first started caring for my natural hair. I learned quickly though! My husband was giving me the side-eye for how many products I had stashed under the bathroom sink, lol.
    Thanks Fleur. It took my Hubby a long time to find all my stuff. I put in the bathroom he rarely goes in. Of course now, my PJism is under control and I know what my loves.

Originally posted by Renny View Post
    This was a good post Lynn. I used to randomly buy products, but for the last 6 months or so I have stopped and asked myself several of these questions and I think that's why the PJ in me has been slowly dying. I didn't even go to the fall hair show because I didn't need to buy anything.

Hopefully this will get posted on the blog and maybe you'll win a Curlmart gift certificate. Stretch y'alls hands to Lynn everybody!
    Haha! Thanks Renny! I am low on my deep conditioners. It's time to re-up.

Originally posted by PrettyRedd View Post
    Love it. It definitely open my eyes to what my products are doing for my hair. I agree with the rest of the ladies in starting a blog or YT channel. Knowledge is power hun! Thanks for sharing yours

Sent from my DROID2 using CurlyNikki App
    I'm glad it helps. I actually have a YT channel. There are only "picture" videos there though.

Leave a comment:

• PrettyRedd
    replied
    Love it. It definitely open my eyes to what my products are doing for my hair. I agree with the rest of the ladies in starting a blog or YT channel. Knowledge is power hun! Thanks for sharing yours

Sent from my DROID2 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• Renny
    replied
    This was a good post Lynn. I used to randomly buy products, but for the last 6 months or so I have stopped and asked myself several of these questions and I think that's why the PJ in me has been slowly dying. I didn't even go to the fall hair show because I didn't need to buy anything.

Hopefully this will get posted on the blog and maybe you'll win a Curlmart gift certificate. Stretch y'alls hands to Lynn everybody!

Leave a comment:

• fleur
    replied
    As usual Lynnie you make a post that needs to be stuck/tacked at the top of the forum. Outstanding information and advice. I wish I had this advice when I first started caring for my natural hair. I learned quickly though! My husband was giving me the side-eye for how many products I had stashed under the bathroom sink, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Lynnieluve
    replied
    Originally posted by CurlyNeekMe View Post
    This is great! Great advice and I will definitely use this when deciding what products to use and buy. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki
    Originally posted by Breezy117 View Post
    Great advice, thanks a bunch!

Sent from my VM670 using CurlyNikki App
    You're welcome ladies! I'm glad I could help.

Leave a comment:

• Breezy117
    replied
    Great advice, thanks a bunch!

Sent from my VM670 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• CurlyNeekMe
    replied
    This is great! Great advice and I will definitely use this when deciding what products to use and buy. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki

Leave a comment:

• Lynnieluve
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetdrk1 View Post
    +1

Awesome post!
    I email her.

Leave a comment:

• sweetdrk1
    replied
    Originally posted by NhappyJackie View Post
    OK, Lynn I am going to need you to start a blog or submit this to Nikki or something. This is too good for everyone to not read!!!!!
    +1

Awesome post!

Leave a comment:

• Lynnieluve
    replied
    Originally posted by NhappyJackie View Post
    OK, Lynn I am going to need you to start a blog or submit this to Nikki or something. This is too good for everyone to not read!!!!!
    Thanks Jackie. I'll email Nikki.

Originally posted by Jivelene View Post
    This would be a great template for some of the youtube reviewer chicks to use! Most of them just say the same old stuff. "This made my curls pop" "that made my hair so soft" or "my hair was just ick". Hard to believe that this kind of intricate analysis tells me nothing. Very well said Lynnieluve
    Thanks Jivelene. I've been meaning to post this for some weeks now. I finally sat down and did it.

Leave a comment:

• Jivelene
    replied
    This would be a great template for some of the youtube reviewer chicks to use! Most of them just say the same old stuff. "This made my curls pop" "that made my hair so soft" or "my hair was just ick". Hard to believe that this kind of intricate analysis tells me nothing. Very well said Lynnieluve

Leave a comment:

• NhappyJackie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lynnieluve
    replied
    Originally posted by therese View Post
    Awesome advice! I would like to add that once you find something you love, figure out which ingredients the product has that you think work well for you and look for other products with those ingredients.
    You are right! That's the part I left out. Writing down the first five ingredients of products you love with help in choosing other products.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X