X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Hair in High School

Okay so I'm making this thread for other teen girls and me to get knowledge on how to handle situations. Here is my story:
    I am 17 years old and new o the natural world. Ive been without a perm for about 6 months but now I'm getting annoyed with these permed ends. I want them gone, ASAP. I struggle everyday not to take my scissors and chop it all off. The only thing stopping me is my school. I know that I will get made fun of at school and I don't want that (kids are cruel -.-). I don't know weather my natural hair is long enough to wear a protective style yet so I don't want to chop. Any suggestions, comments, or stories of your own put them below please! Thanks in advance ^.^

I'm 17 as well (graduated from high school now but still) I cut all my hair off after four months of transitioning last year.

I was worried about the same things that you were but I was so in love with my new growth and sick of the permed ends that I just chopped them off.

I think our fear is looking feminine with short hair. I, however, found it pretty easy to make a twa look cute.
    I used headbands and artificial flowers (i already wear earrings everywhere so if u want u could accessorize like that) and always took take of my hair.

All in all it's really how you chose to carry yourself with your twa. I loved it from the beginning so nothing anyone had to say affected me.

If it would really bother you THAT much maybe try other protective styles (weaves and wigs?) For a while.

Best of luck.

Ps. Has anyone started a thread for naturals going off to University? O_O This is what worries me, having to share a room and bathroom with an asian roomie. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

You're right (: and I feel the same, I reach my hand into my hair I feel coils and I want to see them so bad, lol. I think I might do it with in a week or so ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by Liv3Naptural2 View Post
        I'm 17 as well (graduated from high school now but still) I cut all my hair off after four months of transitioning last year.

I was worried about the same things that you were but I was so in love with my new growth and sick of the permed ends that I just chopped them off.

I think our fear is looking feminine with short hair. I, however, found it pretty easy to make a twa look cute.
        I used headbands and artificial flowers (i already wear earrings everywhere so if u want u could accessorize like that) and always took take of my hair.

All in all it's really how you chose to carry yourself with your twa. I loved it from the beginning so nothing anyone had to say affected me.

If it would really bother you THAT much maybe try other protective styles (weaves and wigs?) For a while.

Best of luck.

Ps. Has anyone started a thread for naturals going off to University? O_O This is what worries me, having to share a room and bathroom with an asian roomie. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using CurlyNikki App
        Yes there is a thread it's called college curlies I believe

Comment

I see twas as a chance get fancy. With short hair you can wear bold statement earrings that get caught in longer hair (I learned the hard way). Cute scarves without fear of them drying out your ends. Get creative with your makeup.

Comment

Kids really are cruel! In my signature is a link to my hair blog, it may have some articles that may help you manage your hair along wiht links to some channels that probably have hair style tutorials for your current hair length, and soon I will be reviewing hair growth products as well, so you could try to grow your hair out and all your permed ends this summer hopefully? I'm in High School as welll, I'm 14.
            debbyshair.blogspot.com

Comment

Okay so I recently cut it off and I have a good inch of coils going on (post shrinkage) lol. I like it, I'm excited to see what it looks like long so I'm considering biotin but I heard biotin makes ALL your hair grow... Your head, your facial peach fuzz becomes noticeable, BODY hair .-. ...

Comment

Kittydollybon thanks, ill check it out ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by Cece1214 View Post
                  Okay so I recently cut it off and I have a good inch of coils going on (post shrinkage) lol. I like it, I'm excited to see what it looks like long so I'm considering biotin but I heard biotin makes ALL your hair grow... Your head, your facial peach fuzz becomes noticeable, BODY hair .-. ...
                  Take pics for us please!
                  Naturally me

No makeup - No relaxer - Just as I am!
                  http://www.naturalandprofessional.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X