X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prom dresses :)

I bought my prom dress this weekend, and I'm really excited for prom now So this is a thread for seniors, past, present and future who are going/have been to prom! Share your prom dress ideas or simply your prom dress if you've already bought it

When I was a hs senior I ended up buying my dress for $20 at Boscovs. My mom found it and when we got to the register the discount was even more than what it had originally said. I wasn't really big on prom but I figured I would go since I didn't really go to anything in the other years. It turned out to be pretty fun.

If any of you ladies are looking for a dress I would so love for someone to have mine. I've been looking to donate it for the longest time (I'm almost 24 now). You certainly don't need to spend hundreds to look great. I'd take a pic of the dress w/o me in it but it's a bit of a hassle to get to that closet right now lol.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

When I was a senior last yr my dress was $450 from a prom/ wedding dress boutique
      Transitioned Time:
      May 2009-Febuaray 2010
      Fully Natural: 3 years
      Texture/Type:Thick 3c/4a

Comment

I was a senior last year and I got my dress for $118 from a consignment shop. I really loved it and I only saw one other girl at prom in a lime green dress as opposed to the millions of blue, red, and pink dresses that are always so popular. I don't see the point in spending a small fortune on a dress I'll only wear once. The only dress I'll really blow money on is my wedding dress

Sent from my ipod touch using CurlyNikki
        Last edited by FreedomSing; 02-27-2012, 09:37 PM.

Comment

If I could go back in time I would've NEVER spent as much as i did on prom. Dress was like over 400. Spent at least a grand on everything EASY

Me and my date

Comment

*me and my date

Those are rhinestones on my face in case you were wondering lol.

Comment

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlyNikki App

Comment

That dress is georgeous !!!

Originally posted by CollegeGirl93 View Post
                When I was a senior last yr my dress was $450 from a prom/ wedding dress boutique

Comment

I too,didn't spend a lot of money (Maybe $ 100-175 my dress). I got my dress made and hated it! She did a terrible job. I also didnt want to wear weave so i figured id just wear a wrap. Went to a pink ppl salon n they did a terrible job. prom was the worst for me yetI still had a blast though!! Which concluded tht u dont need to spend a millon dollars on tht night to have fun n make memories!!

I def would advise you new seniors not to go crazy with spending so much money! Its prom, but is also one night only! The next day all the hype is instantaneously gone ! after a weeks time I didn't even remember who wore wht..ultimately JUST HAVE FUN!!!!

Sent from my SGH-Tr959 using CurlyNikki App
                  *Fortune Favors the BOLD*

Comment

Originally posted by Siri. View Post
                    That dress is georgeous !!!
                    Thank you !
                    Transitioned Time:
                    May 2009-Febuaray 2010
                    Fully Natural: 3 years
                    Texture/Type:Thick 3c/4a

Comment

Gosh I wish I had created this thread before I bought my dress xD I bought it at a prom/wedding dress boutique for 400$.
                      This is my dress, I kinda hope I can wear it on more than one occasion, otherwise it'll really be a waste of money..

Comment

For those who spent $400 on your dresses, did you save up for them, or did your parents foot the bill? That is a lot of money for a high school student to spend. My prom dress was $100 from a boutique that was going out of business.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using CurlyNikki App
                        Rocking this head of curls since June 3, 1982!

Yeah, I have GOOD HAIR, and SO DO YOU!

Comment

I guess I'm the only one that made out like a bandit, I think I spent 12 bucks on mine. And that was for the pattern and cloth. One of my good friends was an aspiring fashion designer and it made for great practice. I only have a wallet size picture that I have to find. Sorry prom was almost eight years ago for me. Will post when I find it.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using CurlyNikki App
                          It's the God in me!

Comment

Originally posted by transition85 View Post
                            I guess I'm the only one that made out like a bandit, I think I spent 12 bucks on mine. And that was for the pattern and cloth. One of my good friends was an aspiring fashion designer and it made for great practice. I only have a wallet size picture that I have to find. Sorry prom was almost eight years ago for me. Will post when I find it.

Attached Files
                            It's the God in me!

Comment

My junior year prom dress from 2008

Sent from my N860 using CurlyNikki App
                              Attached Files

Young Woman, Big Dreams, Embrace my Thoughts.

Last relaxer: Jan 2011
                              B/C: July 4, 2011

Twitter:_Natural_BEAUT
                              Tumblr: http://Breannatanae.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                              X