Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brwnbarbie24
    started a topic Please do a search before creating new threads

Please do a search before creating new threads

Often in forums there are several threads floating around on the same topic which makes information get a little choppy and lost. Also when forum participants are looking for information on a specific product and create threads, there may not be many responses because there is already one or several threads on that same topic. This can cause the participant to get discouraged. When searching, much information can be found and the product likely already has a thread dedicated to it with many responses. Similar threads are often merged but this process could be alleviated if the search function is used. If you have any questions about how to use the search function, feel free to ask. Thanks!

• JusAng
    replied
    Thx for the reminder. I was actually about to make a thread asking questions about coconut oil. I think I'll search first!

Leave a comment:

• StrugglingBeauty
    replied
    Originally posted by brwnbarbie24 View Post
    Often in forums there are several threads floating around on the same topic which makes information get a little choppy and lost. Also when forum participants are looking for information on a specific product and create threads, there may not be many responses because there is already one or several threads on that same topic. This can cause the participant to get discouraged. When searching, much information can be found and the product likely already has a thread dedicated to it with many responses. Similar threads are often merged but this process could be alleviated if the search function is used. If you have any questions about how to use the search function, feel free to ask. Thanks!
    How do you use the search function on a laptop?

Leave a comment:

• BekkaPoo
    replied
    How about merging all the "in between length" threads?

http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/styling-natural-hair/22450-styles-akward-length-stage.html

http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/natural-hair-support/22745-between-stage.html

http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/styling-natural-hair/22756-between-styles.html

Leave a comment:

• Perm2Natural
    replied
    Yes, I try soooo hard not to create a new one! It's kind of irritating lol

Originally posted by Braelynn Blue View Post
    And what's so funny is I am seeing more and more multiple threads after this message was posted. I've seen at least two As I Am threads AND Beautiful Textures threads .

Leave a comment:

• brwnbarbie24
    replied
    Originally posted by Braelynn Blue View Post
    And what's so funny is I am seeing more and more multiple threads after this message was posted. I've seen at least two As I Am threads AND Beautiful Textures threads .
    Actually I just did a search and found 11 Beautiful Textures threads. Each one only had a few comments. They've been merged into one.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki 

Leave a comment:

• Braelynn Blue
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tamtam7
    replied
    I've found that the search function works best when using a computer opposed to the app on a cell phone. Whenever I use the search function on the computer, I have no problem finding whatever I'm looking for. For example, a thread was started on Organix products. I knew there was already a thread/several threads on that topic so I clicked "search", then put the selector in the "threads" option. Immediately the threads popped right up on the first page and I didn't have to go digging around for it.

Oh that's good to know because I often wonder why when I do a search on my app I can't find certain topics. Thanks.
    Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• brwnbarbie24
    replied
    Originally posted by brownambition86 View Post
    Often times I do use the search function, and I will use major key words like "shescentit" but it will show no results...or it will show very vague results used within a forum. We all know that there has to be a thread on this brand...but I usually end up having to do a manual search. So if other people are experiencing the inconvenience with the search engine...they likely just create a new thread to avoid the hassle. Am I searching wrong? I would think specific keywords would give the best results, but it really is a shot in the dark. Is it case sensitive?
    I've found that the search function works best when using a computer opposed to the app on a cell phone. Whenever I use the search function on the computer, I have no problem finding whatever I'm looking for. For example, a thread was started on Organix products. I knew there was already a thread/several threads on that topic so I clicked "search", then put the selector in the "threads" option. Immediately the threads popped right up on the first page and I didn't have to go digging around for it.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleAK
    replied
    *searched

♓♓♓
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Sent from my 📲iPhone using CurlyNikki app

Leave a comment:

• DoubleAK
    replied
    I have the ability to pick topic or post, but it doesn't matter. I served As I am an it yielded no results on either option. It's a hit and miss thing. I attempt to search but if it doesn't work, I just post a thread. People will be upset but hey what can I say? People will always find something to be upset about. I try though.

♓♓♓
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Sent from my 📲iPhone using CurlyNikki app

Leave a comment:

• beYOUtiful
    replied
    And I can't just search titles on the Android app that I've seen. Nor can I actually make a signature.

Originally posted by brownambition86 View Post
    Often times I do use the search function, and I will use major key words like "shescentit" but it will show no results...or it will show very vague results used within a forum. We all know that there has to be a thread on this brand...but I usually end up having to do a manual search. So if other people are experiencing the inconvenience with the search engine...they likely just create a new thread to avoid the hassle. Am I searching wrong? I would think specific keywords would give the best results, but it really is a shot in the dark. Is it case sensitive?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• brownambition86
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BeenNatural
    replied
    AMEN!!!! This is the first thing i've done since i've been on the forum... i search key topica and it brings up different threads. I guess people feel that no one will want to read old threads?!?!

Leave a comment:

• gingersnaps
    replied
    Quite correct Ms Barbie. It is discouraging to be new and introduce yourself but get no response nor welcome. But I have learned to use the search bar function on this site for my needs to avoid feeling snubbed. Any specific questions I have, I find it better to subscribe to blogs of naturals who are seasoned and don't mind responding :/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X