X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand and I do use the search BUT it's not user friendly for all the reasons previously mentioned by the other ladies.

Sent from my iPhone 4s 📱 Typos happen.

If it doesn't apply, let it fly.

Keep it cute or put it mute.

Comment

I agree...it isn't often when I do a search do I get what I'm looking for.

The only way to fail is to QUIT...but it is impossible to stop, a man or woman, WHO WILL NOT QUIT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Giavannimom View Post
        wish we could search via App

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using CurlyNikki App
        I wish I had an App!
        Wen...nothing else!

Comment

I never have a problem searching, but then I do use a desktop and not a phone to post. Thank you for mentioning this Mods!
          http://bellemondehandmade.wordpress.com/ <--blog

http://bellemonde.storenvy.com/ <-- shop

http://bellemondemade.tumblr.com/

http://pinterest.com/bellemondemade/

Instagram: bekkapoo

Comment

Originally posted by Khaymie View Post
            Yes, yes! My thoughts exactly. And also!!,,,, posting the same topic in 10 differents threads...
            +4! Especially the same topic in every thread...we see it!!!
            Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Yes! Very true!

Originally posted by DoubleAK View Post
              I've tried the search before. It searches everything from post titles to replies. So you may search something and it pulls up a thread with 12 pages. The thread isn't even about what you searched, just so happen one of the comments mention it. I do however use the sticky function. Personally I will google it before posting a thread if I need to know something specific for reasons like this. I may not post threads but I do read the ones posted
              My Staples
              Pre-Poo: Castor, EVCO and Jojoba Oils
              Shampoo: Rhassoul Clay
              Co-Wash: Pantene Conditioner
              Deep Conditioner(s): Dax Roots Hair Mayonnaise & Pantene Deep Conditioner
              Leave-In(s): KCKT
              Sealant(s): EVCO
              Styler(s): Pantene Defining Curls Custard

Comment

The search option is terrible.
                Take a look at my blog! http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...rk-lovely.html

Dont hesitate to comment!

Comment

It's ridiculous! That's why there are so many of the same threads!

Comment

I use the advanced search. Under keywords I change it from "search posts" to "search title" and that cuts down on a lot of the results.

Comment

I use the search function in my app all the time. It allows you to search threads or posts separately.

Sent from my 👉📱👈using CurlyNikki 💋
                      iPhone CurlyNikki

Comment

Originally posted by brwnbarbie24 View Post
                        Often in forums there are several threads floating around on the same topic which makes information get a little choppy and lost. Also when forum participants are looking for information on a specific product and create threads, there may not be many responses because there is already one or several threads on that same topic. This can cause the participant to get discouraged. When searching, much information can be found and the product likely already has a thread dedicated to it with many responses. Similar threads are often merged but this process could be alleviated if the search function is used. If you have any questions about how to use the search function, feel free to ask. Thanks!
                        Quite correct Ms Barbie. It is discouraging to be new and introduce yourself but get no response nor welcome. But I have learned to use the search bar function on this site for my needs to avoid feeling snubbed. Any specific questions I have, I find it better to subscribe to blogs of naturals who are seasoned and don't mind responding :/

Comment

AMEN!!!! This is the first thing i've done since i've been on the forum... i search key topica and it brings up different threads. I guess people feel that no one will want to read old threads?!?!

Often in forums there are several threads floating around on the same topic which makes information get a little choppy and lost. Also when forum participants are looking for information on a specific product and create threads, there may not be many responses because there is already one or several threads on that same topic. This can cause the participant to get discouraged. When searching, much information can be found and the product likely already has a thread dedicated to it with many responses. Similar threads are often merged but this process could be alleviated if the search function is used. If you have any questions about how to use the search function, feel free to ask. Thanks!
                          Naturally me

No makeup - No relaxer - Just as I am!
                          http://www.naturalandprofessional.blogspot.com/

Comment

Often times I do use the search function, and I will use major key words like "shescentit" but it will show no results...or it will show very vague results used within a forum. We all know that there has to be a thread on this brand...but I usually end up having to do a manual search. So if other people are experiencing the inconvenience with the search engine...they likely just create a new thread to avoid the hassle. Am I searching wrong? I would think specific keywords would give the best results, but it really is a shot in the dark. Is it case sensitive?

Comment

And I can't just search titles on the Android app that I've seen. Nor can I actually make a signature.

Originally posted by brownambition86 View Post
                              Often times I do use the search function, and I will use major key words like "shescentit" but it will show no results...or it will show very vague results used within a forum. We all know that there has to be a thread on this brand...but I usually end up having to do a manual search. So if other people are experiencing the inconvenience with the search engine...they likely just create a new thread to avoid the hassle. Am I searching wrong? I would think specific keywords would give the best results, but it really is a shot in the dark. Is it case sensitive?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using CurlyNikki App
                              -Bri Etsy.com/shop/geekycurly www.GeekyCurly.com

Comment

I have the ability to pick topic or post, but it doesn't matter. I served As I am an it yielded no results on either option. It's a hit and miss thing. I attempt to search but if it doesn't work, I just post a thread. People will be upset but hey what can I say? People will always find something to be upset about. I try though.

♓♓♓
                                Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Sent from my 📲iPhone using CurlyNikki app
                                NJ✈AK ♓♓♓
                                Sent from my iPhone 4S using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Working...
                                X