X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite co-wash/LOC products? + my co wash experiment

Hey, girls! I just started co washing my hair 3 days ago and it's absolutely loving it! I'm doing a week-long trial of co washing every day using different products every day and while I used to wash once a week or even once in 2 weeks, my hair is LOVING the daily co wash! I've been struggling with a TON of fall-out (it's coming out in clumps due to my chronic illness) but I've already seen lessening in the amount of hair I'm losing and my hair is thicker, shiny, springy, and happy.

Here's what I've done so far:

Day 1: Johnson's No More Tangles conditioner to co wash, Johnson's No More Tangles leave-in conditioner as LI, Johnson's No More Tangles detangling spray

Day 1 went well; curls were shiny and more defined, but while the No More Tangles line usually does wonders for my hair, co washing with it felt more like coating my strands than really nourishing them. It felt kinda like putting a cheap chapstick on dry lips; I was just covering the problem.

Day 2: Garnier Fructis Grow Strong mask and Sleek and Shine (s&s from here on) Moroccan Sleek oil treatment as pre poo, Garnier s&s conditioner as co-wash, and garnier s&s leave-in and air dry cream after washing.

This time my hair felt truly nourished and healthy and the conditioner managed to clean my hair even though I used a LOT of product for my pre poo! I'm definitely impressed and just about hooked

Day 3: Suave green apple conditioner to co wash, then LOC method using Not Your Mother's Way to Grow leave-in, Garnier s&s Moroccan sleek oil treatment, and garnier s&s leave-in (it said conditioning cream so I figured it would work as the "cream" part of the method. I don't own a true hair cream yet)

That's where I am so far and my curls have never been this healthy and defined. I have a problem patch right at the back of head that is ALWAYS dry, poofy, and frizzy, and even that is tamed!!!!! This has never happened before! I have 4 more days but 5 more types of conditioner so I might extend my experiment by one day so I can try every conditioner. I love the LOC method and will probably stick to that.

I'd like to get some aloe vera juice, some more oils, and a proper hair cream (I'm thinking the Shea Moisture curl smoothie thing). That said, I *LOVE* hearing about other people's routines, so what is your co wash routine and, if you do it, what do you use for the LOC method?

If y'all like I'll keep you updated on how days 4, 5, 6, 7, and possibly 8 go and I have pictures from every day.

Thanks!

- Lauren
Working...
X