Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Good alternative moisturizing products other than leave in conditioners? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good alternative moisturizing products other than leave in conditioners?

I recently started henna-ing my hair, and I am really loving the color and the noticeable improvement in the health of my hair, but everything I have read as well as what I have been experiencing has shown that the use of oils and leave in conditioners strips the henna from the hair causing it to fade quickly and lose some of the health benefits that henna provides. I have quite dry hair so I know I cant do without some sort of moisturizing product in my routine.. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives to leave in conditioners that will keep my hair very well moisturized, especially during the cold dry winter months? Thanks so much!

BUMP! I'd lile the answer to this as well.

Comment

I use water, olive oil, Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie (on my roots) followed by their Curl & Style Milk on the rest of my hair.
      The combination of these products leave my hair moisturized, shiny and almost frizz-free for the day (not an easy feat for my hi po hair).
      I hope they work for you too!

Comment

I use water, olive oil, Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie (on my roots) followed by their Curl & Style Milk on the rest of my hair.
        The combination of these products leave my hair moisturized, shiny and almost frizz-free for the day (not an easy feat for my hi po hair).
        I hope they work for you too!

(I also use henna about 1x per month - LUSH Caca Brun.)

Comment

I've never used henna before so I wouldn't know what moisturizing products would work best but I used to color my hair with red food coloring and it never dried. I would apply it to my hair(dry) then apply any moisturizing conditioner on top of it and leave it on for at least an hour before washing it out. The longer you leave it on for, the deeper the color will be and the longer it lasts on your hair. You can give it a try and see how it works for you.

Comment

I think there may be something in the henna product that is causing a reaction to oils and leav ins, because that does not sound normal. if I were you, i would leave the henna product alone and continue to use oils and leave ins. Look into an alternative natural hair color that won't fade.

Comment

Try using a moisturizing rinse out conditioner.

Also, don't believe everything you read online.
              Wen...nothing else!

Comment

After your hair passes the three day oxidation period in which you don't use oils or a leave-in, it should be fine.

Comment

Hmm I am aslo doing the Henna color to my hair it's really good like very much as your natural hair color...
                  Best Hair Transplant Islamabad in Pakistan| FUE Hair Transplant in Peshawar Pakistan

Comment

Working...
                  X