X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on protein treatments

I keep hearing stuff about protein treatments and i have never had one myself. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the benefits of doing it and where i can find one and if they are expensive or not.

I use protein because my hair is fine and protein is useful in providing strength. Protein treatments range from very cheap to very expensive based on if you make your own, or purchase something like Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Conditioning Mask by Aubrey Organics 4 oz for $14.00. Which doesn't last long if you have thick hair. However, I like it because it is pure, natural protein. Below are some links that give some information on using protein.

http://www.curlynikki.com/2012/11/th...-for-your.html
    Learn how to use protein treatment for hair. There are some benefits offered by this treatment for all people suffering hair fall problems.
    come celebrate
    with me that everyday
    something has tried to kill me
    and has failed
    ~Lucille Clifton

Comment

Thank you so much that was so helpful

Comment

Protein can help improve the elasticity as well, making those curls pop! I've always liked shea moisture yucca and baobab conditioner for a light protein treatment. I also like ORS replenishing conditioner and ORS hair mayonnaise.

Comment

I just tried Aphogee 2 minute restoration...I like it! My hair had started to feel brittle even after conditioning and is at a standstill for growing. It feels like I remember it feeling. We shall see! I have had it in the two strand twists since Sunday. I'll wear it out tomorrow! Hope it's still soft!

Comment

I literally just put the aphogee two step treatment in my hair and omg, this stuff smells like 10 day old dirty booty! Hopefully it works though.

Comment

• Britt206
              Britt206 commented
              Editing a comment
              LMAOO! I remember about 10 years ago I used this and my mom said in her Jamaican accent "a wha dat smell like batty hole"... I died.
              ---

I'm a new natural (YAY), and I have a bit of heat damage from a bad flat iron experience and also getting a few Dominican blow outs early in my transition. I've been using Nexxus Emergencee mixed with protein filler every so often moreso out of habit and I like how it's supposed to add elasticity to the hair. My curls look nice when I wash off the treatment. I just ordered Curl Junkie's Repair Me which is a milder protein treatment. I'm wondering if I really 'need' the Emergencee and could I just use a lighter protein treatment like the Repair Me instead? I think a little protein every so often is good for all types of hair. I don't have color, bleach, or anything in my hair and it's in healthy condition so I'm thinking perhaps the Repair Me will suffice as a protein treatment?

Comment

I used the treatment because I do color my hair...I deep condition often. But I think the real culprit was bad water. After even conditioning my hair wasn't soft. Especially after styling and it dried. There was a 100% noticeable difference after the aphogee reconstruction treatment for me. I've only used it once tho. Will use it again this weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X