X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elitebeauty13 - Official Introduction

Hi everyone, I'm not really that new to curlynikki, but I never official introduced myself or told my hair story. I'm going to start from the beginning and try to make it short but, if I start to ramble please bear with me.

I got my first relaxer (Just for Me) when I was 11 after begging my mom for 2 year, she finally gave in. I got retouches every 4-5 months and never relaxed bone straight. I followed this routine for 8 years.

Spring semester of my sophomore year in college, I got what I thought would be my last relaxer in March 2005, at age 19. I transitioned for about 17 mostly in braids and sew-in and the occasional straw set, allowing my mom to cut a couple inches before restyling. I was fully natural by August 2006.

Initially, I did braid/twist outs or bunned. Then I became overwhelmed near graduation time and started flat ironing almost daily with no heat protectant The front of my hair (looser curl pattern) and my ends suffered almost immediately. In early 2008, I noticed that my crown was breaking drastically, so I gave up and once again begged my mom to slap that Just for Me in my head.

I continued to relax for a little less than a year and began my second transition after my touch up in Feb 2009. In July 2009, I pulled my hair into a low ponytail and cut it off (sorta like a bob), chopping all the relax ends in the back. Then in Sept 2009, I was home alone bored, so I wet my hair, slathered it with a deep conditioner, let it sit for about an hour, and proceeded to chop off the rest of my relax ends, vowing never to look back.

This time I took control of my journey, by learning to style my hair myself rather than depending on my mom. I think doing this has allowed me to enjoy my hair so much more.

Sorry this is so long. I'll try to post pictures of my journey thus far, if I can find any.
    Last edited by elitebeauty13; 04-14-2011, 09:33 PM.
    Last Relaxer: Feb 2009
    BC: September 2009
    Current Length: APL

BLOG
    YOUTUBE

Curl Street

Hello and welcome! I look forward to reading your journey
    Keep it curly
    Birthday August 2009
    Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

Welcome to the site! Best wishes on your natural hair journey!
      My last relaxer was March 2010. Learning to accept and love my natural hair is the best thing I've ever done!

Visit me at www.cookingwithcareonline.com

My Curl Street Journal

Comment

Hello welcome aboard

Comment

Thanks ladies. I feel right at home here!

BLOG
          YOUTUBE

Curl Street

Comment

Hello and Welcome!
            BC: September 8, 2009

My FOTKI

My Youtube Channel:
            HAIR CHANNEL

MY TWITTER - ITSSOCHAOTIC

Comment

I finally, found some pictures to share. Some of them are not technically hair shots, but I think my hair was captured pretty good in them.

Hope you enjoy.

continued in the next post...
              Attached Files

BLOG
              YOUTUBE

Curl Street

Comment

...pictures continued from previous post.
                Attached Files

BLOG
                YOUTUBE

Curl Street

Comment

your hair is gorgeous!!
                  Keep it curly
                  Birthday August 2009
                  Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

Originally posted by sweetdrk1 View Post
                    your hair is gorgeous!!
                    Thank you. Your hair is beautiful as well.

BLOG
                    YOUTUBE

Curl Street

Comment

Quest for a great wash n' go

During the next couple of weeks, I will be trying different wash n' go techniques to see what works best for me and my hair. I made my first attempt a couple days ago, using conditioner only. I was pretty pleased with the results. It was a soft, fluffy fro, with a few coils popping here and there. The major downside is it only lasted one day. I think I'll keep this technique around for when I'm in a rush and don't have a lot of time to apply several products. So it wasn't a total waste, but on to the next technique.

Wash n' Go: Conditioner Only <-----to see video click here.
                      Attached Files

BLOG
                      YOUTUBE

Curl Street

Comment

I'm in the Light Oil Challenge , so I've been oiling my scalp and sealing my ends daily with coconut oil for the past week. My hair hadn't been this soft and shiny in a really long time, so I was ecstatic.

Today I decided to give myself my weekly scalp massage and realized my scalp was a oiling mess. My hand literally looked like I had stuck it into a a bowl of oil. I'm shocked that my scalp didn't have a severe case of the itches. I was perplexed. How was it possible that the coconut oil makes my hair feel so great, but just sits on my scalp.

As I looked in the mirror dumbfound, it hit me. I had my ah ha moment. Maybe the ends of my hair can handle more oil because they are colored. I can't believe I never figured that out before. I guess that's why it's called a journey.

So my plan for the future is to oil my scalp every 2-3 days and seal my ends daily. Hopefully this works out better for me.

BLOG
                        YOUTUBE

Curl Street

Comment

I did another attempt at a wash n' go. This time I used Dr. Bonner's leave in and Eco Styler - Olive oil. I was so pleased with the results this time. My curl definition was almost perfect in my eyes. There was a little crunch, but once I scrunched in a little melted coconut oil, that problem was resolved.

The best part, I was able to get second day hair. At night I pulled my hair back into a loose ponytail and bobby pinned the front down. Tied on my satin scarf, put on my satin bonnet and went to bed. In the morning I spritzed my hair with John Frieda Dream Curl Perfecting Spray, fluffed, and shook like nobody's business.

Pictures are attached. The first two pics are from day1, the last two are from day2.
                          Attached Files

BLOG
                          YOUTUBE

Curl Street

Comment

It has been forever since, I've updated my blog. Life has been so hectic these last few months. With running around with 2 toddlers, keeping my husband happy, getting things squared away to start my masters program in august, and looking for a job (still praying on this one), I really haven't had time to give my hair the attention she needs. I know that's a big no no, but things are finally starting to settle down, so I decided to pamper my hair today. Right now, I'm sitting under the dryer with deep conditioner in my hair. I haven't decided how I'm going to style yet, but i will be back with an update with the finished results.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App

BLOG
                            YOUTUBE

Curl Street

Comment

My hair is finally finished. After rinsing the dc out, I blow dried my hair with the comb attachment, with intentions of flat ironing. But I changed my mind and threw in some flexi rods and let it set for about 1.5 hours. I really like the results. Hopefully it will still look half decent tomorrow. Pic are attached.

Once the curls completely fall, I'll probably turn it into a braid out before I decide to wash again.
                              Attached Files

BLOG
                              YOUTUBE

Curl Street

Comment

Working...
                              X