Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue's Clues...Part Deux

Happy New Year!

I was so excited about the homecoming thread that I decided to restart my blog. I have really missed the OGs and wanted an opportunity besides the homecoming thread to stay connected!

Okay, so if you remember the first one, it was the long drawn out story of how I began my natural journey. I will sum up my blog update in the following pointers:

1. I received a Vigorol relaxer at 6. Been relaxed over 20 years before I big chopped 4/2/2011.
    2. If I can grow long hair, I wouldn't know, as my hair was always short.
    3. I am still a PJ. I love trying new things, not for growth, but just because.
    4. I had a set back with henna last year and had to cut off almost two inches of hair, now I hate henna.
    5. I have been in protective style mode since October. My sister knows how to do the invisible knot method, so I had had different sets of havana twists and marley twists and I loooooove them. Getting another set Saturday. Taking down my twists today, will post updated hair pics of "Blue".
    6. Do I have staples? Yes. I will list them later. Not trying to brag, but my recommendations of staples and lines are usually on point.
    7. I have figured out my hair loves shea, aloe Vera, hydrolized oat, and hydrolized wheat proteins.
    8. I am now exclusively using products with ceramides in them, via a ceramide challenge on LHCF (I'm over there now too, I am Naturally ATL PCH.
    I will post more about that. My hair has never felt better.
    9. My hair does not like dimethicone or waxes (mainly beeswax). Makes it feel greasy and coated.

Oh...and I lost 30 pounds last year! My total weightless since 2010? About 60 pounds. Must post pics of that too! I've got about 30 more to go. I am finally under 200 pounds! When I started working out I was 247. Now I am 187. A couple of sessions of boot camp and continued support of my trainer gym friends helped kick start it, as I plateaued at 220 for almost a year. I don't care what anyone says, weightless is strictly diet related.
    Last edited by Braelynn Blue; 01-01-2014, 08:15 PM.
    B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Hey Brae!!!!!!!! ((Hug)) Happy 2014 and good to see you here! Great idea to re-start your blog. I'll plan to peek in on ya, okay?
    ~Blen

Need strength? Wait. <Isaiah 40:31>

Last relaxer~ March, 2010
    Chop/Officially Natural ~ January 2011

Staple Prods: Terressentials Mud Wash, Shescentit and BASK Condishes, Juicy Naturalista and UFD's Curly Magic & Super Curl.

On deck: Belle Butters, All Things O'Natural & Marie Dean.

Bringing back: Afroveda, Darcy's Botanicals & Shea Moisture.

Follow me on [email protected]

Comment

Happy 2014 Brae! Congrats on the healthier you with the weightloss, that is a huge accomplishment.
      Peace, Light & Love
      Hair Staples: Rhassoul clay (cleanse), Oil Rinsing, Marshmallow Moisture Balm, FSG or AVG

Comment

Originally posted by Blenlove View Post
        Hey Brae!!!!!!!! ((Hug)) Happy 2014 and good to see you here! Great idea to re-start your blog. I'll plan to peek in on ya, okay?
        BLEN!!! Hey girlie! Huge hug back! Happy New Year to you as well! Yes, please subscribe!

Originally posted by ajsimmons8 View Post
        Happy 2014 Brae! Congrats on the healthier you with the weightloss, that is a huge accomplishment.
        Thanks AJ! I thought about you, I am experimenting with cosmetic bases right now. The first is a cream conditioning base from Texas Naturals Beauty supply, can't wait to use it!
        B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR 🎉🎊🎈How did I miss the fitness aspect of your life? I thought you were just all abt hair products and teaching!!! That's awesome! Congrats!! I hope you make it to your weight goal in 2014 hun. I'm glad you started this blog back up. Just subbed

Comment

Originally posted by Kinkycoilly View Post
            HAPPY NEW YEAR 🎉🎊🎈How did I miss the fitness aspect of your life? I thought you were just all abt hair products and teaching!!! That's awesome! Congrats!! I hope you make it to your weight goal in 2014 hun. I'm glad you started this blog back up. Just subbed
            Happy New Year KC! Yes, I am an avid exerciser and gym rat but once I got the eating down pact, it's been easy! Maintaining will not be a problem. I've always worked out but I reeeeeeally stepped it up starting last August! Thanks for subbing!

Comment

BLUE BEAR!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!

teehee

i'm sooooohappy you started another blog. I really liked your blog and you really enabled me with your product recommendations lol. Congrats on the weight loss. Thats a lot of weight you've lost so far! you are on the right track!
              Just subbed.

love you mean it
              *POW* ....its NikNak ;-) Follow me on Twitter @NikkiNukka1, Instagram @ NikkiNukka, Youtube- NikkiNukka

Comment

She's baaaack! So glad you started your blog again. Don't let anyone make you delete this one!

Comment

Originally posted by NikkiNukka View Post
                  BLUE BEAR!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!

teehee

i'm sooooohappy you started another blog. I really liked your blog and you really enabled me with your product recommendations lol. Congrats on the weight loss. Thats a lot of weight you've lost so far! you are on the right track!
                  Just subbed.

love you mean it
                  Love you back NIK!!! And yes, during my time gone, I have MORE recommendations!!

I'd love to friend some of you on Facebook! Send me a friend request!

https://www.facebook.com/msbobbybutler?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

Originally posted by kwnatural View Post
                    She's baaaack! So glad you started your blog again. Don't let anyone make you delete this one!
                    I am!!! I promise, no deleting this one! Lol...

Comment

Originally posted by kwnatural View Post
                      tell her again!!! Thank you for this post!
                      Keep it curly
                      Birthday August 2009
                      Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

Woot Woot!!! Yes Blue!! Do it love!
                        Keep it curly
                        Birthday August 2009
                        Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

Originally posted by sweetdrk1 View Post
                          tell her again!!! Thank you for this post!
                          Originally posted by sweetdrk1 View Post
                          Woot Woot!!! Yes Blue!! Do it love!
                          Thanks Gaye! Thank YOU for inspiring me to create another one! I am so glad you started that thread, it really brought back old times and memories!

Comment

*doing my version of tweaking* Oh never mind..You are quite welcome my love!
                            Keep it curly
                            Birthday August 2009
                            Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

So, I have decided to start my blog off with every single line I've tried since I've been natural. This will be in no particular order. Hmmmm, let's see how long this list will be:

Hairitage Hydration (side eye)
                              Jessicurl
                              Miss Jessie's
                              Afroveda
                              Kyra's Ultimate Indulgence
                              Karen's Body Beautiful
                              Shea Moisture
                              Reve Essentials
                              Coily Head Chic (now Smooth Naturals)
                              Enso Naturals
                              Kyah Alexandra
                              Hairveda
                              Darcy's Botanicals
                              Giovanni
                              Camille Rose
                              SheScentIt
                              LACE Naturals
                              MyHoneyChild
                              Soultanicals
                              Duafe Naturals
                              Cream and Coco (Hair and Body)
                              Naturally Amari
                              Siamese Twists
                              Marie Dean
                              Oyin
                              Komaza Care
                              Silk Dreams
                              Aussie Moist
                              Herbal Essence
                              MegaTek
                              Koils By Nature
                              Belle Butters
                              Sarenzo
                              THP (The Healing Place)
                              Obia Naturals
                              Aunt Jackie's
                              Qhemet Biologics
                              Ynobe Shop
                              Hydroquench Systems
                              Spiral Solutions
                              Curl Junkie

So my goal this year? Only purchase from 4 venders. Thanks to Black Friday, my stash has grown again, but, the only new people I tried are Soultanicals (never again) and Duafe Naturals (never again). If I listed every single thing I tried from each of these lines...well, you know...it's just safer to list venders lol!
                              Last edited by Braelynn Blue; 01-02-2014, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• Sprezzatura66
                                Sprezzatura66 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Wow!!! We are sister product junkies! My goal is to reduce vendors too. I joined a no buy/use up stash challenge, part of it for me is to stick to my staple vendors. No more Hoodritage Hydrations and Dezign Ayuan negative experiences.

Great about the weight loss!! Over a three year period I gained back about 60lbs that I lost ten years ago. I'm back in the zone again with diet, started back at the gym last week, and salsa dancing weekly (fun exercise!). I hope to be a healthy 160lbs again soon!

Subbed!

Sending a FB friend request, last name Kirby.
                                Last edited by Sprezzatura66; 02-24-2014, 12:22 PM.
                                ---

Working...
                            X