X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Nappy Me

So, I decided to start an official blog. Here I will highlight the ups and downs or my naptural journey. I did my BC on May 21, 2011 after transitioning for 3 months, and I recently just hit the 1 month mark post BC I am totally in love with my natural hair, even with this nappy little twa I have. I love learning what my hair likes and how to pamper it.

My transition was actually an accident. I had considered it in the past, but I had absolutely no plans of going natural. But after wearing a wig for those 3 months, I realized I had alot of new growth and I didn't really want to go back to a relaxer. Soooo, the same weekend I took the wig out I BCd and here I am.

I hope anyone who follows this blog will find it interesting, entertaining, and helpful. I really dont think I have that much to talk about but I'll share whatever is on my mind here. So, welcome and thanks for joining me on this ride
    Everything God created is GOOD...And my kinky hair is NO exception!-Cherie King
    BC - May 21, 2011
    Last Relaxer - February 2011
    Hair Blog - Happy Nappy Me

Some photos of me in my relaxed days
    Attached Files
    BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

BC days I started off with no curl definition, and days later here came the curls!
      Attached Files
      BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

Okay, so as a previous thread if mine mentioned, my first attempt as finger coils was an epic fail. I shampooed and conditioned with HEHH, added my cantu Shea leave in, and sealed with olive oil. I then attempted to coil with Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie. Needless to say it did bit work.

A few days later I tried again with the same routine except I quick coiled with Eco styler gel and a brush. Here they are a little bit better, but not quite there yet. I still couldn't get a coil out with them

I tried yet again with the Eco styler, this time actually finger coiling

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki App
        BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

...Last night the Lord was truly with me lol. After having picked up my coconut oil from whole foods, I came home and shampooed and conditioned with HEHH, did my ACV rinse, cowashed again, then did a olive oil and honey deep condish. I added my leave in and sealed with the coconut oil. My hair felt AMAZING! I then coiled with eco styler aaannndd...my coils kicked butt and my coil out is fierce!

I think I've discovered some staples. Yaay!

BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

Hey ladies! I seriously want a name for my hair. Any suggestions?

BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

Finally my twin started her blog!!! Took ya long enough.... I see you've gotten the coils perfected - and of course they look awesome! Andddd I love the accessory! U already know I'm along for the ride...

Congrats and I'm so happy you love CO! My hair has been so soft since I've started using it! Yaaaaaay! :-))

JusBnNappy from my iPhone
              Big Chop: 5/20/2011

"Don't Remove the Kinks from your hair... Remove them from your Brain."

~ Marcus Garvey ~

ChocolateHairAffair - http://www.youtube.com/user/JusBnNappy

Twitter: @ChocHairAffair

This is a true confession, of a life learned lesson that I was sent here to share with yawl...
              ~India Arie~

Comment

Originally posted by BnNappy View Post
                Finally my twin started her blog!!! Took ya long enough.... I see you've gotten the coils perfected - and of course they look awesome! Andddd I love the accessory! U already know I'm along for the ride...

Congrats and I'm so happy you love CO! My hair has been so soft since I've started using it! Yaaaaaay! :-))

JusBnNappy from my iPhone
                Thanks twin! You were a big help with the coils. Good to have you along

BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

Hi there! I'll be following your journey love your coils, cute flower!

 from myusing CurlyNikki
                  DiamondCurl24/7
                  Last Relaxer: Feb. 2008
                  Follow me on Instagram diamondev27

Comment

Originally posted by naturallydakotasmom View Post
                    Hi there! I'll be following your journey love your coils, cute flower!

 from myusing CurlyNikki
                    Hey! Thanks so much for joining me. The flower...$.94 bouquet from Walmart and a Bobby pin

BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

I keep wanting to try coiling and every time I do the first is a fail...looking at yours I think I'll try again.

Comment

Originally posted by MsArabia View Post
                        I keep wanting to try coiling and every time I do the first is a fail...looking at yours I think I'll try again.
                        Yes girl, just keep trying. I had many fails as you can see before I got it to where I wasn't ashamed to wear it outside. I found that my hair coils better semi dry, I have to do them a little smaller, and use more gel. Good luck!

BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

::Waving and Smiling::
                          Big Chop: 5/20/2011

"Don't Remove the Kinks from your hair... Remove them from your Brain."

~ Marcus Garvey ~

ChocolateHairAffair - http://www.youtube.com/user/JusBnNappy

Twitter: @ChocHairAffair

This is a true confession, of a life learned lesson that I was sent here to share with yawl...
                          ~India Arie~

Comment

Originally posted by BnNappy View Post
                            ::Waving and Smiling::
                            Heeeeyy twin! How are ya? I saw your coil video...looking good girl. I couldve used that a month ago lol.

BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

I just wanted to let you know I'll be following your journey. I'm about 4 months post and don't plan on BC until 9 months post. I'm sure your blog will be very inspirational for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X