X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simplyconfident View Post
    I just wanted to let you know I'll be following your journey. I'm about 4 months post and don't plan on BC until 9 months post. I'm sure your blog will be very inspirational for me.
    Welcome and thank you so much for following! Check out some of my girls' blogs as well, "The Chocolate Hair Affair" and "The Long Kiss". They've been a big help to me

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki App
    Everything God created is GOOD...And my kinky hair is NO exception!-Cherie King
    BC - May 21, 2011
    Last Relaxer - February 2011
    Hair Blog - Happy Nappy Me

Comment

Originally posted by happynappyme View Post
      Heeeeyy twin! How are ya? I saw your coil video...looking good girl. I couldve used that a month ago lol.

Heyyyy I'm good thanks. how are you? Thanks for watching the vid... LOL. I'll post vids in advance next time lol
      Big Chop: 5/20/2011

"Don't Remove the Kinks from your hair... Remove them from your Brain."

~ Marcus Garvey ~

ChocolateHairAffair - http://www.youtube.com/user/JusBnNappy

Twitter: @ChocHairAffair

This is a true confession, of a life learned lesson that I was sent here to share with yawl...
      ~India Arie~

Comment

Why oh why did I go in that store!? Fortunately, this time I'm not talking about a hair store. I went to the Victoria's Secrets store tonight because someone told me they had a good sale going on that ended today. I walked in the store and you would have thought it was black Friday...the entire store is 75% off! I grabbed my shopping bag and went ham in there. I got at least 30 items (lotions, bath gels, and body sprays) and I only spent.....$43!!!!! My original total was $40 and then my friend handed me a $10 off coupon if you spent $50. So of course I went and grabbed 5 more items (everything was like $2 a piece) to make $50 and used the coupons so those items were basically free! You just can't beat that...items that were $9 were now $2.

Anyway, back to hair business lol. I wore a wng today buy decided not to add any gel. So it was just my leave in, EVOO coconut oil & water sealer, and Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie. My hair was a little harder than I would have liked. I'll have to do a little trial and error to figure out if it's the leave in or the smoothie. I don't think it's the oils but who knows? I'll let you guys know.

I hope everyone had a great weekend

BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BnNappy View Post
          Heyyyy I'm good thanks. how are you? Thanks for watching the vid... LOL. I'll post vids in advance next time lol
          I'm doing great, just waiting for the day I wake up and magically have a big fluffy fro lol. Maybe it'll happen tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed

BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

Girl, you sound like me when it comes to a good sale, can't resist it and esp. at VS, one of my fav stores!! I worked there twice years ago

 from myusing CurlyNikki
            DiamondCurl24/7
            Last Relaxer: Feb. 2008
            Follow me on Instagram diamondev27

Comment

I'm doing great, just waiting for the day I wake up and magically have a big fluffy fro lol. Maybe it'll happen tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed

LOL wishful thinking but I support.

~ Marcus Garvey ~

This is a true confession, of a life learned lesson that I was sent here to share with yawl...
              ~India Arie~

Comment

Girl you done started a blog!! I remember when you first posted about your BC and not having any curls, look at you now!! Ya coils are looking lovely and its growing well!! I know what you mean about a sale I can't resist them either smh! I'll be along for this journey have fun with it!!
                Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
                Psalm 37:4

Last Relaxer: 11 Oct 2010
                BC: 18 Feb 2011

My Growth....Spiritually, Physically and Naturally!! Curl Blog

Comment

Originally posted by naturallydakotasmom View Post
                  Girl, you sound like me when it comes to a good sale, can't resist it and esp. at VS, one of my fav stores!! I worked there twice years ago

 from myusing CurlyNikki
                  Giiiirl, the only reason I didn't spend more was because I had to leave some money in the PJ bank lol. Other than that, I would have been broke!

BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Luscious Mahogany View Post
                    Girl you done started a blog!! I remember when you first posted about your BC and not having any curls, look at you now!! Ya coils are looking lovely and its growing well!! I know what you mean about a sale I can't resist them either smh! I'll be along for this journey have fun with it!!
                    IKR lol. I've come along way with the help of you ladies I still don't think I have a lot to blog about but we'll see. Thanks for tuning in

BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

IKR lol. I've come along way with the help of you ladies I still don't think I have a lot to blog about but we'll see. Thanks for tuning in

Random things will come to you I'm sure, especially as your hair grows and changes!!
                      Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
                      Psalm 37:4

Last Relaxer: 11 Oct 2010
                      BC: 18 Feb 2011

My Growth....Spiritually, Physically and Naturally!! Curl Blog

Comment

Welcome and thank you so much for following! Check out some of my girls' blogs as well, "The Chocolate Hair Affair" and "The Long Kiss". They've been a big help to me

awwwwwwe I'm blushing! Thanks for that compliment We all inspire each other...I can read every single blog and take something away from you wonderful ladies...I Heart YALL
                        I KNOW I got good hair...It's AFRICAN in my family!

The Long Kiss...Hair Blog

Comment

Hey curlies! It's been a few days but I'm back. I've made some discoveries about my hair so I'll share them with you.

First, I've learned that my hair may not like cantu Shea leave in. My hair often feels dry, even after I've cowashed and sealed. So, I'm giving it a break for a while just to see if cantu is the culprit. Instead I've been using my HEHH as a leave in and it seems to be working pretty well.

Second, I've found it easier to do my sealing and adding of my styler while in the shower. So I cowash, add my leave in and seal all on dripping wet hair. Then I add my Eco styler and shake like crazy, until there's no more dripping. By the way...my hair moves now!!! Anyway, I barely have to touch my hair to style it, my curls have never been more defined and I've even been able to achieve 2&3 day hair, which I've never been able to do before.

I'm excited because today is dc day. So I'm going to shampoo, cowash, do a ACV rinse, and dc with honey and olive oil. My hair is trembling with excitement. I think in going to let my sis do some flat twists since I'll see her this weekend.

I'm so excited, my fam is having a get together this weekend so I'll get to see some people I haven't seen in a while. Everyone be safe and have a great 4th of July weekend!!

Here's my style for the past couple of days.

BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by MelMelBee View Post
                            awwwwwwe I'm blushing! Thanks for that compliment We all inspire each other...I can read every single blog and take something away from you wonderful ladies...I Heart YALL
                            It's true, you girls are the best! I don't know what I would be looking like without YouTube and my CN ladies

BC - May 21, 2011

Comment

You're so sweet... thank you for this. And I"m glad that we can all help each other. I can learn so much!

~ Marcus Garvey ~

~India Arie~

Comment

Hey curlies! It's been a few days but I'm back. I've made some discoveries about my hair so I'll share them with you.

First, I've learned that my hair may not like cantu Shea leave in. My hair often feels dry, even after I've cowashed and sealed. So, I'm giving it a break for a while just to see if cantu is the culprit. Instead I've been using my HEHH as a leave in and it seems to be working pretty well.

Second, I've found it easier to do my sealing and adding of my styler while in the shower. So I cowash, add my leave in and seal all on dripping wet hair. Then I add my Eco styler and shake like crazy, until there's no more dripping. By the way...my hair moves now!!! Anyway, I barely have to touch my hair to style it, my curls have never been more defined and I've even been able to achieve 2&3 day hair, which I've never been able to do before.

I'm excited because today is dc day. So I'm going to shampoo, cowash, do a ACV rinse, and dc with honey and olive oil. My hair is trembling with excitement. I think in going to let my sis do some flat twists since I'll see her this weekend.

I'm so excited, my fam is having a get together this weekend so I'll get to see some people I haven't seen in a while. Everyone be safe and have a great 4th of July weekend!!

Your curls look great twin!!! I'm going to have to try the apply leave in, seal, and gel in the shower and shake lol!! You shake until it's not dripping, my hair is always dripping lol!! But i'm going to try that.. Oh, tell me how to achieve 2/3 day hair, i have NOT mastered that yet.

Why didn't you invite me to the family affair, so I guess I'm not family... smh!!! You get your curls and coils then you don't know me no more... I will NOT settle for this woman!! But seriously, have fun with the family, tell me everything that they say about your hair!! Are you going to coil it for the family function??

I'm going to get my do' trimmed up for the weekend and going to wear my fro for 'fro day, it's going to be awesome!!

~ Marcus Garvey ~

~India Arie~

Comment

Working...
                                X