Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Lye turned Beautiful Curly Mess:-)

Hi, my name is Janay:-) Im 23 years old, and I have been relaxer free since July 2010. I have been wanting to go natural for a long time simply because I love beautiful big curly wild hair but I didn't think I could grow any from my head lol. But to make a long story short the movie Good Hair motivated me to stop getting a relaxer and so did my mom. Shortly after my mom did the big chop and she had a very tiny twa but she looked beautiful and strong. Then less than 2 years later and after some serious soul searching, frustration from hella heat damage and admiring my moms beautiful curly kinky hair, I was sooo over straightening my hair. I did my Big chop in my bathroom mirror and the rest is history:-) soo I'm starting a blog mainly to keep track of my journey by keeping track of hairstyles, products and of course length. I am open to advice, support, constructive criticism,whatever:-) My goal is healthy hair, mind and body sooo let the blogging begin:-)

Love,
    Miss YungNaturalfree<3
    BC: 5/8/12 never felt more beautiful<3
    Last relaxer:April 2010

Hi Janay! My name is Janaya lol. Most people actually call me Janay forgetting that last a.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi! and its nice to meet another Janay but with an extra A :-)

Comment

Welcome Janay. The biggest thing I've learned in this journey is patience and to love my hair. I love it and take care of it so I know it will grow. I don't wish it to look or be as long as anyone else's. Learn what works for your hair and know everyday won't be a good hair day and that's ok :-). Welcome aboard!!
        http://cnw2.blogspot.com/2013/02/back-at-one.html CNW

Comment

Welcome! I'll be following :-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Some pics of my hair so far... I don't have any relaxed pics but I have heat damaged and big chop pic

Sent from my LG-P505 using CurlyNikki App
            Attached Files

Comment

Welcome and love the hair!!!!

Comment

@ Chrissy4281 thanks for the warm welcome:-) So far I'm enjoying the journey and Ive had quite a few hits and misses lol. I wont lie I have a major patience problem because this is the shortest I've ever had my hair and my styling options are sooo limited but healthy hair is my goal so im trying to just wait it out and not focus so much on length and you ladies are definitely a big help seeing how far you all have come is a very motivating!

@Triple L dont laugh but Im a big fan of your blog ( hope I dont sound like a weird groupie) I wanna be just like you when I grow up lol. Glad your following my blog and thanks for the welcome:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny_Gabby View Post
                  Welcome and love the hair!!!!
                  Thank you!

Comment

Today was a very lazy day for me, no work and I pretty much hung out at my grandmas house today while bf stayed at home with our son Todays hair and my little man

Attached Files

Comment

Your hair and son is gorgeous. And please i have so many blogs i am fans of. Thanks for following me

Comment

Welcome! I've always loved the name Janay. Your hair is gorgeous and your son is too adorable!
                        fearfully & wonderfully made - Psalms 139:14.

Current Products
                        Prepoo: coconut oil & extra virgin olive oil
                        Shampoo: SM Moisture Retention Poo/CH Mud&Clay Bar
                        Conditioner: HE Honey I'm Strong/HE Totally Twisted
                        Stylers: Eco Olive Oil Gel/AIAN Curling Jelly/Shea Butter Mix/SM Deep Treatment Masque
                        Butters/Moisturizers: Shea Butter Mix/SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie/Reve Essentials

Comment

Originally posted by livelovelaugh331 View Post
                          Your hair and son is gorgeous. And please i have so many blogs i am fans of. Thanks for following me

Awww thanks triple l! And your welcome

Comment

Originally posted by CurlyNeekMe View Post
                            Welcome! I've always loved the name Janay. Your hair is gorgeous and your son is too adorable!
                            Thank you! Hopefully there will be better pics in the future its hard to get my definition using my cell thanks again and don't be a stranger!

Comment

Soo today I'm going to attempt to wash my hair while in braid extensions.... wish me luck lol

Oh and I'm shampooing with the last bit of my shea moisture organic raw shea butter moisture rention shampoo( sulfate free) and conditioning with suave almond and shea butter condish. I'm going to use my little bottle and dilute both the shampoo and conditioner and apply to the scalp only then rinse in the shower... so lets see what happens

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X