Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of Petroleum on Natural Hair :)

Hello everyone ! Hope you all are having a blessed day

I wanted to talk to you all about my use of petroleum based products. One day I got to thinking about what my hair was like before I was relaxed. My hair was super thick and long. One of the biggest staples in my hair back then was the use of petroleum based products. Since I've gone back to natural I've stopped using petroleum because of all the hype about it clogging our pores and what not. But I one day I decided to head to the hair store and buy a jar of Blue Magic coconut oil. I used it after I washed my hair to seal in the moisture and you know what, it worked great ! I have really thick, dry, 4c hair so using oils to seal my hair just doesn't work. Shea butter worked okay but my hair was dry again after a few days. With the blue magic, it seals in the moisture until the end of the week. It also reduces the amount of breakage from detangling and manipulation. So now I use it regularly and I haven't had any problems with it.

I will add that I only use the Blue Magic on my hair and not my scalp to avoid clogging of the pores. Also, although the jar says that it is a conditioner, I don't use it as a conditioner and I never use it on it's own. I simply use it as a sealant.

So I would encourage some of you ladies who have a hard time sealing in moisture into your hair to try it out !

Check out my blog

www.simplyashhhx3.weebly.com and my new YouTube page: SimplyAshhhx3

God Bless <3
    Blue Magic Coconut Oil

I wonder if with all of what we know about removing buildup, now if we can actually prevent the clogged pores by using the right clarifying shampoos or clays?
    come celebrate
    with me that everyday
    something has tried to kill me
    and has failed
    ~Lucille Clifton

Comment

Grease is an excellent sealer! I used to put it on my scalp to prevent dryness. Any good shampoo, sulfate or non-sulfate, will remove it.
      Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Working...
      X