X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rebirth of Liberty

I began a blog some months back, but did a terrible job keeping it up. I wish to retry, and what better way than in the "not-so-new-anymore" curlynikki forums.

I renamed my hair Liberty because as I grew in my natural hair journey, I began to feel liberated. I worried less about the opinions others had for my hair, and allowed it to be free. I embraced my curly fro, puffs, and twists. The thing I regret about my journey is the minimal number of pictures I took. I should have had better documentation of my journey just so that I could see my growth indefinitely.

I began my journey in the summer of '09 by transitioning. I went through with transitioning until Dec 26, 2010 when I chopped all the relaxed ends off. I am now approaching a year of being fully natural on December 26, 2011

It is my goal to do much better in recording my hair journey. And I guess you could say it begins today!

-Kay
    Last relaxer : June 2009
    Completely Natural: Dec 26, 2010
    My Curl Blog

YoutubeChannel

Dec 24, 2010

Dec 26,2010

Jan 28,2011

Jan 11, 2011
    My Curl Blog

YoutubeChannel

Comment

March 4, 2011

Sept 15, 2011

Nov 26, 2011
      My Curl Blog

YoutubeChannel

Comment

November 13, 2011

November 13, 2011
        My Curl Blog

YoutubeChannel

Comment

And of course .. today's hair

Finger coils done on 12/09/11

My Curl Blog

YoutubeChannel

Comment

You and your hair are gorgeous!

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Thank you @2twinsnaturally
              My Curl Blog

YoutubeChannel

Comment

Finger coils may become a new style that I try more often. The girls of other ethnicity here seem to love putting their hands in my hair, however, with my coils, it doesn't lose definition

Ive caught myself giving some of them the eye when I see them reaching and they try to redirect themselves. It's actually quite funny to see.

Anywho, Ive been able to keep the coils up just fine thus far.. and I'm excited to see what my coil OUT will look like !
                My Curl Blog

YoutubeChannel

Comment

I am really contemplating coloring my hair over the holidays .. but I'm not sure what color would compliment me..
                  My Curl Blog

YoutubeChannel

Comment

Coils are still holding up! I would post a picture, but to be honest it looks the same as the last one lol. I haven't completely decided when I will uncoil is to achieve my first attempt at a "coil-out", but when I do, best believe there will be pictures posted!
                    My Curl Blog

YoutubeChannel

Comment

Oh my, those coils are so cute!
                      You're a very pretty girl as well. How did you do them?

Sent from my📱
                      sigpic

Comment

@lady judah

Thank you !!

I shampooed with an organic Olive Oil Shampoo and Conditioned with Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner. Once out of the shower, I sectioned my hair into relatively small sections and used the same conditioner but applied it to each section and coiled as I went. I didn't use a rat-tail comb or anything, I just coiled them around my finger. Once they had the shape, I touched up a few with IC Fantasia gel to be sure that they held.

**disclaimer** IC Fantasia is not my favorite, however I need to use up this container before I let the PJ in me try to go get another brand of gel to try.

I also found a couple coils later that night that weren't as tight, and realized those were the ones I did a little thicker. So, while it may be faster and more convenient to do thicker sections, the smaller ones held the form better.

Hope that was detailed enough lol.
                        My Curl Blog

YoutubeChannel

Comment

Welcome back! Your hair is looking rather awesome! Your coils turned out so nicely that I'm thinking of giving them another try. They worked very well for me when my hair was shorter but for some reason with length- not so much. But will definitely give it another shot. Thanks for the inspiration.
                          Lynne aka poeticlyspkng
                          http://girlswithglassesrock.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ladykay6 View Post
                            @lady judah

Thank you !!

I shampooed with an organic Olive Oil Shampoo and Conditioned with Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner. Once out of the shower, I sectioned my hair into relatively small sections and used the same conditioner but applied it to each section and coiled as I went. I didn't use a rat-tail comb or anything, I just coiled them around my finger. Once they had the shape, I touched up a few with IC Fantasia gel to be sure that they held.

**disclaimer** IC Fantasia is not my favorite, however I need to use up this container before I let the PJ in me try to go get another brand of gel to try.

I also found a couple coils later that night that weren't as tight, and realized those were the ones I did a little thicker. So, while it may be faster and more convenient to do thicker sections, the smaller ones held the form better.

Hope that was detailed enough lol.
                            It was very detailed lol. I started to buy that gel today but decided not to. Your method is actually the way I started locs a few years back.

Sent from my📱
                            sigpic

Comment

@poeticlyspkng I was a little iffy at first about trying coils with the longer length, but the results definitely surprised me in a pleasant way. Im glad I could be of some inspiration
                              My Curl Blog

YoutubeChannel

Comment

Working...
                              X