X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LongleggedBeauty View Post
    Oh wow i am such a NEWBIE at this! I have been reading so many post and i am extremely LOST with some of these terms u guys are using i feel like the only one who dont know this foreign language. I am 6 months into my transition and i actually have my hair wrapped up with a little henna action taking place. My question is can u all give me a few suggestions on products and styles thats good for transitioning? *in terms i will understand please lol*

Sent from my MB855 using CurlyNikki App
    Hi There,
    how about this, how about you let us know what questions you have. The internet and all of the information (and unfortunately misinformation) it contains can be your best friend or your worst enemy.
    Any products in particular you have questions about???
    You Can Be Beautiful Naturally...Believe It!!![i]

Comment

• Hi There,
      You mean Cinnamomum aromaticum, called is also called cassia or Chinese cinnamon to distinguish from Cassia Obovata which is actually in NO WAY related to the cinnamon family at all, so this wuldn't apply to or effect a 'cinnamon allergy"
      Cassia(chinese cinnamon) is also from the bark of a tree and closely resembles ceylon but taste different , Cassia we use for our hair are the dried leaves of a plant from the same family as Henna and again is no at all related to the Cassia Cinnamomum (green powder as opposed to brown , reddish tree bark)
      Hope this helps

Comment

• Originally posted by Anointed View Post
        I think the grey being
        Highlighted would be fun. I'm just not into red
        I'm sorry I was away, but did you get around to trying the henna, cocoa, or indigo?
        If not let me know (if you did, LET ME KNOW!)

Comment

• take the survey and get 20% off!!

OK curlies so we've got lots of things underway and we ALWAYS NEED YOUR FEEDBACK. So if you have a few minutes and could use 20% off your next order please take a minute to take our little survey just click the link below!!!

By Any Means Natural Survey 9/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by ButterQueen View Post
            OK curlies so we've got lots of things underway and we ALWAYS NEED YOUR FEEDBACK. So if you have a few minutes and could use 20% off your next order please take a minute to take our little survey just click the link below!!!

By Any Means Natural Survey 9/2012
            Just did. Thanks for the discount

Comment

• How soon can I henna again? I henna'ed on 9/6. I'm so anxious to try it again. I was thinking of doing it next weekend.
              Last relaxer: January 2012
              BC: 8/14/12
              www.facebook.com/loveyourhair2012

Comment

• Bump for curly
                Texture: Coily, zigzags, kinky and one little bit wavy.
                Store bought Staples: Honey, I'm strong, HE TotallyTwisted Gel, FX Silk Drops silicone serum.
                Homemade Staples: Mixed butter, butter and oil pomades, handmade hair creams and lotions.
                Style preference: Low manipulation, tuck and roll, loose buns and twists.
                Ayurvedic: Henna, amla, zizzy, tulsi, brahmi, shikaikai, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madeaj View Post
                  Bump for curly
                  Thanks, Madeaj! I appreciate it.
                  3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || PG Sensitive - Itchy scalp? This might be why!

I <3 BAQ henna. Styling HGs AO MMJ; OH Hair Dew; SM Curl Milk.
                  Moisture AO HR, SM Purification Masque.
                  Cleansing Conditioner L'Oreal Evercrème. Pre-Poo
                  extra-virgin coconut oil w/ amla. Protein AO GPB.
                  Waiting to try
                  SM Yucca Baobab; OH Pomade, Juices; CJ Repair Me; silk pillowcase/bonnet.

Comment

• Butter Queen, I would like to do a monthly Ayurvedic treatment. I henna monthly so I would like to add to henna paste to make the process simple. I add 2 TB. Amla and 1 TB. Brahmi and warm water to my henna paste. Any other suggestions, is the sufficient? I like Rajasthani henna and love the color that I get with this combination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jojofree View Post
                      Butter Queen, I would like to do a monthly Ayurvedic treatment. I henna monthly so I would like to add to henna paste to make the process simple. I add 2 TB. Amla and 1 TB. Brahmi and warm water to my henna paste. Any other suggestions, is the sufficient? I like Rajasthani henna and love the color that I get with this combination.
                      Ho jojo!
                      The only thing to remember the more goodies you add to your henna paste the less color you'll get from it, thats the ONLY drawback. If you are having any issues in particular then I could possibly recommend something else, just let me know!

Comment

• Originally posted by ButterQueen View Post
                        Ho jojo!
                        The only thing to remember the more goodies you add to your henna paste the less color you'll get from it, thats the ONLY drawback. If you are having any issues in particular then I could possibly recommend something else, just let me know!
                        Sharika, I am not having any issues in particular, but I would love recommendations. I am open and like to experiment. My philosophy is "It's just hair. As long as it's healthy I will experiment."

Comment

• Hi Sharika,
                          I'm considering doing a hibiscus flower rinse. I heard it helps with breakage. I was wondering how long the results last? How do I use it to get the best results? Does it leave a color on black hair?

Sent from my LS670 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• Sharika, Ebonyswirlz and I need some advice. I know you are diligently shipping out product, but don't forget to hook a sista up soon! Smooches!

Comment

• It's ok Sharika, I'll wait, I understand, I placed an order w/ BnB this wknd I'm probably one of the reasons you're so busy. Lol

Sent from my LS670 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• Not sure if you're still answering questions on this forum, but has anyone touched the topic of indigo yet ? I'm very curious and interested in trying it. I like the idea of henna, I just don't want my hair lightened. Thanks in advance !

Comment

Working...
                                X