X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask ChrsLvsBks!

Ask all your loose curly/wavy styling questions here!

Attachment
    Attached Files

Bravo! I am excited that you ladies are back!
    Keep it curly
    Birthday August 2009
    Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

Originally posted by sweetdrk1 View Post
      Bravo! I am excited that you ladies are back!

Thanks sweet!
      Tumblr: myhairmyway | Find me on Twitter@ChrsLvsBks
      Curl Street Journal Part III
      Curl Street Journal Part II
      Curl Street Journal Part I

Comment

Hi ChrsLvsBks,

I am soooo excited to see this post b/c the natural world is primarily catered to those w/curly hair so thank you soooo much for this!

My hair has more of a lose curl & wavy texture to it than a tight curl. I just got all my permed ends cut off on Saturday after 6mnths of transitioning. Right now I hve two strand flat twists in my hair w/hair added in the bck (my avatar pic)!

What I am mostly nervous of is when I take the twists out &.began to style my hair again. Prior to Saturday, when I styled my hair w/the permed ends & my natural texture well my hair held well. So om nervous that since I don't have kinky hair or tightly curled hair that it wont be able to hold on its own when I do my twist outs without the permed hair & fake hair.

What do you suggest? Do you know any good products that is good for hold?

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlyNikki App
        "Be you...be true to you, whether society approves or not!"

Comment

Hi,

There are a number of things you can try to help hold your twists and twist outs. First, you may want to twist on damp hair.

Second, twist your hair using the rope/sister twist method. It is hard to describe but there are many YT videos on how to do them. Basically, you twist both sections in one direction then twist them together in opposite directions. For example, twist the two sections to the right then to twist them together twist to the left.

For hold, I like soft hold gels. Some I like are Afroveda's Pur whipped gelly, Koils by Nature gel and Hairveda's gel.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Hey Chrs,
            I read one of your posts where you say you don't recommend oiling your scalp? Why not? Does this apply to all oils, such as castor and sweet almond oils?

By the sheer # of posts, I can see tthat you are on these forums to guide us newbies more so than you are here to seek advice. Thank you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Curllovinmom View Post
              Hey Chrs,
              I read one of your posts where you say you don't recommend oiling your scalp? Why not? Does this apply to all oils, such as castor and sweet almond oils?

By the sheer # of posts, I can see tthat you are on these forums to guide us newbies more so than you are here to seek advice. Thank you for that.
              Hi Curllovinmom! I personally do not believe in oiling one's scalp on a daily or even every other day basis. I think most tend to use too much or use a heavy oil. Many use castor, sweet almond, coconut or ayurvedic oils to oil their scalps. I would suggest using a light oil sparingly. Some oils I would consider are sweet almond, grapeseed, argan and jojoba.

Other things to consider is blocking one's follicles and build up.

I understand the idea. Since curly hair tends to be dry, adding oil may help by traveling down the strands. I truly do not think this occurs. I have not done my research on this, these are just my thoughts.

Comment

Hi Chrs,

I don't have a loose/wavy hair question but I do have something I would like your input/suggestion/advice on please. I saw where you posted in the DC challenge thread that porous hair benefits from protein. My colorist/stylist told me I have porous hair. But anytime I have used protein my hair is very dry. Could it be that I am using the wrong types of protein? I know all hair is different so maybe my hair is that porous hair that is protein sensitive, lol. I am at a loss. I have been using the JCReplenshing Condish with successandI think that has a little protein. What do you think? Thanks in advance! 

1st BC: February 24, 2010
                2nd Big: September 2, 2010
                More about Adora (my hair): kinky S-shaped fine coils, medium density, high porosity
                Staple Products: KCKT & KCCC, Darcy's Botanicals DC, Fleurtzy Curls Nuture Cream, Suave Naturals Conditioner, V05 Moisture Milks, Kimmaytube Leave-In Mix, OO/EVOO, Jojoba Oil, SheaMoisture everything

Comment

Originally posted by DvaAuNaturel View Post
                  Hi Chrs,

I don't have a loose/wavy hair question but I do have something I would like your input/suggestion/advice on please. I saw where you posted in the DC challenge thread that porous hair benefits from protein. My colorist/stylist told me I have porous hair. But anytime I have used protein my hair is very dry. Could it be that I am using the wrong types of protein? I know all hair is different so maybe my hair is that porous hair that is protein sensitive, lol. I am at a loss. I have been using the JCReplenshing Condish with successandI think that has a little protein. What do you think? Thanks in advance! 
                  Hi Dva, you can check for vegetable proteins. Giovanni protein products use soy protein.

Try to stay away from keratin & animal proteins. They are more strengthening.

Henna also mimics protein. I do believe you can use it with color. Another option may be cassia.

Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlyNikki App

Comment

My hair is breaking constantly. I would trim and trim again and again and my hair is still breaking. Plus I am extra protein sensitive. I don't know what is best to help my breakage but I feel like I want to give up, I don't want to have to do another big chop.

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by ChrsLvsBks View Post
                      Hi Dva, you can check for vegetable proteins. Giovanni protein products use soy protein.

Try to stay away from keratin & animal proteins. They are more strengthening.

Henna also mimics protein. I do believe you can use it with color. Another option may be cassia.

Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlyNikki App
                      I have used Giovanni in the past with some success. Maybe it is time to add them back into my rotation.

You're the best. Thanks so much.

1st BC: February 24, 2010
                      2nd Big: September 2, 2010
                      More about Adora (my hair): kinky S-shaped fine coils, medium density, high porosity
                      Staple Products: KCKT & KCCC, Darcy's Botanicals DC, Fleurtzy Curls Nuture Cream, Suave Naturals Conditioner, V05 Moisture Milks, Kimmaytube Leave-In Mix, OO/EVOO, Jojoba Oil, SheaMoisture everything

Comment

Originally posted by purelynaturale View Post
                        My hair is breaking constantly. I would trim and trim again and again and my hair is still breaking. Plus I am extra protein sensitive. I don't know what is best to help my breakage but I feel like I want to give up, I don't want to have to do another big chop.

Moisture may help. A simple regimen may include the following.

Clarify once a month
                        Co-wash twice a week
                        DC once a week
                        Moisturize daily
                        Baggy nightly, ends only

Comment

HEY CHRIS!!!!!!

Sent from my MB525 using CurlyNikki App
                          *POW* ....its NikNak ;-) Follow me on Twitter @NikkiNukka1, Instagram @ NikkiNukka, Youtube- NikkiNukka

Comment

Hey Nikki!

Comment

Thank you!!!! I'm definitely going to do that and I will update you on that

Comment

Working...
                              X