X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inexpensive, reliable tablets

Can any of you give recs for an economically priced tablet for my almost 9 yr old? She wants to visit certain educational sites her teacher suggests, check her yahoo email, surf and play video games.

I want something non-buggy, fast, not flimsy w/ parental control options.

thnx

The Kindle Fire has parental control options (or so they have been advertising, so I'm not sure if it's only on the newer model). I don't have a Fire but I have an actual Kindle. Overall I like Amazon. Their tablets/Kindles have the option for you to buy them with special offers or without (or with ads/offers and without), so you can save a good amount if you just buy a product with ads on it! I'll post the link to the Kindle Fire HD...Amazon has a great deal of information on the tablet and information on the parental controls and towards the middle has a comparison if you want to buy a bigger tablet.

http://www.amazon.com/kindle-fire-hd.../dp/B00CU0NSCU

EDIT: What can get pricey is a cover for the tablet if you are afraid of her dropping it, depending on where you look to buy it.
    Last edited by Treece; 11-07-2013, 10:54 PM.
    Began Natural Journey: August, 2009
    Big Chop: Oct, 11, 2010
    Hair Type: Mostly 4a

Comment

9 yr olds use tablets and have emails now? I feel old lol but the 1st generation Google Nexus tab will be $99 for Cyber Monday and the new one will be like $169. I have the new one (originally $229) and I love it

Comment

You're better off just buying a laptop if you're thinking about an iPad/Kindle. You'll end up saving in the future. Also, parental controls on Windows is a lot more selective and strict then any tablet; separate accs, time limits, view websites visited/blocked, web filter, block downloads, etcetc.
        Last edited by blasianteen; 11-08-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

For that age, the Kindle fire would be good but be aware, you are only going to get about 1 year use our of it. The Kindle is not built to last.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CurlyNikki App
          :: My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JourneyF...?feature=watch ::

Transition start: 8/7/12
          Big Chop: 10/17/12

Comment

Google Nexus 7 (16GB, 2013)
            Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7
            Barnes & Noble Nook HD
            The Galaxy Tab 7" is going for about $270 now and it is rock solid as far as reliability, and its built quality, with gorilla glass, makes it a tablet to consider,
            http://my.opera.com/promoproducts/blog/promo-items

Comment

Zeki its an android tablet about $79 I think....i have one

Sent from my SCH-M828C using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by spiderlashes5000 View Post
                Can any of you give recs for an economically priced tablet for my almost 9 yr old? She wants to visit certain educational sites her teacher suggests, check her yahoo email, surf and play video games.

I want something non-buggy, fast, not flimsy w/ parental control options.

thnx
                Do you want to take it original or copy? I think if she is 9 years old only you can try with china made copy and when she will be familiar you can get the original once. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                X