Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Photographers and people that like to take pictures-Nikon or Canon? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photographers and people that like to take pictures-Nikon or Canon?

I'm looking from more than your average digital camera.I already have a Nikon coolpix S220. Its my first digital camera and I love it but I wanted to get more into photography.
    Some pictures aren't as clear as I can see it in real life esp if its up close like a flower.

I can't decide between Nikon or Canon because I've seen people with those cameras and it takes great photos but are there any good brands? I'll save up and look to see the prices later because $1000 would be my limit.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using CurlyNikki App

Originally posted by johari View Post
    I'm looking from more than your average digital camera.I already have a Nikon coolpix S220. Its my first digital camera and I love it but I wanted to get more into photography.
    Some pictures aren't as clear as I can see it in real life esp if its up close like a flower.

I can't decide between Nikon or Canon because I've seen people with those cameras and it takes great photos but are there any good brands? I'll save up and look to see the prices later because $1000 would be my limit.

Johari, I had the same dilemma. I researched for a while between the Canon and Nikon. What I figured out is that they both make good DSLR cameras. At first I was leaning towards the Canon because of the costs of the different lens. Ultimately though, I ended up going with the Nikon D5100 because it was on sale for $200 off during the 4th of July sale. I'm new to DSLR cameras but I absolutely love, love, love this camera. It takes some awesome photos. I've been playing around with the different features (my favorite is selective color) but there is still so much to learn. Here where I live, they offer digital photography classes at the recreation center and I plan to take one soon.

Comment

They are both great brands and you won't be disappointed with either. I ended up choosing canon bc I was able to get it at a decent price on ebay.
      Holy Grails:
      Cleanser: Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Oil. ACV.
      Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Oil
      Leave-in: Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave In & SMTN&MO
      Styling Products: EcoStyler. Alikay Naturals Curling Custard.
      Oils: Coconut oil. Carol's Daughter Hair Balm. Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade. Alikay Natural Shea Yogurt. Naptural85's oil mix.
      Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture African Black Soap Purification Masque. Jessicurl Deep Conditioner.

Comment

Originally posted by Shellycurls View Post
        Johari, I had the same dilemma. I researched for a while between the Canon and Nikon. What I figured out is that they both make good DSLR cameras. At first I was leaning towards the Canon because of the costs of the different lens. Ultimately though, I ended up going with the Nikon D5100 because it was on sale for $200 off during the 4th of July sale. I'm new to DSLR cameras but I absolutely love, love, love this camera. It takes some awesome photos. I've been playing around with the different features (my favorite is selective color) but there is still so much to learn. Here where I live, they offer digital photography classes at the recreation center and I plan to take one soon.
        I don't know much about cameras either I don't know what dslr stands for.When I go to college next year I plan to take some photography classes.

Comment

I don't know much about cameras either I don't know what dslr stands for.When I go to college next year I plan to take some photography classes.

I didn't know what it meant either before I started researching cameras. It stands for digital single lens reflex. It is basically referring to the lens (it's detachable, gives you more control over manual settings, have higher resolutions, etc). It's a learning experience with me too.

Comment

Thanks I think I'll look more into it through books

Comment

This is a big question, Nikon or Canon. They are both great camera makers.

Go to KenRockwell.com for some useful insights.

Also, there is a great camera community called dpreview.com. You will find a lot of pros and semi-pros offering advice. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by ingemar View Post
                This is a big question, Nikon or Canon. They are both great camera makers.

Go to KenRockwell.com for some useful insights.

Also, there is a great camera community called dpreview.com. You will find a lot of pros and semi-pros offering advice. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
                I SO second that. Ken Rockwell is an amazing resource for camera/equipment reviews.
                My Blog: Oh Brit Snaps! DA BLOG
                Photography: Oh Brit Snaps! Photography
                Twitter:OhBritSnaps

Comment

Both are super cams! I got a Nikon D3100 when I took my photography class. I found it on Amazon for $600 and some change. It was a camera bundle that came with everything even the carrying case, lens cleaner, and even a card reader. Great buy...check it out!!

Comment

I suggests you get one of the Nikon or Canon start-up DSLRs. Don't go spending crazy amounts on a high end DSLR until you have mastered the basics of photography. Also what kind of photographs do you wanna take? general day to day and holiday photos? or more amateur portrait, macro, wildlife, sports....? That will also help you determine which to buy.

If you want portability (because DSLRs are bulky), but still want great photos, try one of the Compact System Cameras with interchangeable lenses - The Lumix G range from Panasonic and Olympus PEN are great for this.

Visit photography sites too and even discussion groups on Amazon.... tons of pros with great advice on there.

Hope it helps!!! x
                    Love, Laugh, Listen... xoxo

Follow my blog!: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...every-way.html

Comment

Thanks I was planning to buy one at Costco but it's about $1000

I want to get one in June as my graduation present.

Comment

I have a Nikon professional (D500) camera and I have a Canon Powershot point and shoot. I like them both for their different uses.

Comment

I hear Fuji is good too

Sent from my C5155 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Hey

You have handsome limit for digital camera and i suggest you that please try 'Olympus OM-D E-M10' it's a best and mirror less digital camera. Best of Luck!

Comment

The photo quality depends on mega pixels. The focus quality is better in cannon.

Comment

Working...
                              X