X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BekkaPoo View Post
    24 Quick Actions You Can Do Today That Can Change Your Financial Life Forever

It's a list of quick things you can do to improve your financial situation. I need to really do many of them myself!
    Thanks for sharing that
    How about we share a few of our own tips/ideas?
    This is obviously a no brainer but I wasn't following this before and it makes sense to me now I use to go shopping without a list and would end up buying unecessary items on impulse I quickly learned to not shop when Im hungry
    Blog CLUELESSCURL

Twitter @CluelessCurl

In order to get the hair you want
    You have to take care of the hair you have

Comment

Oooh saving money is my favorite thing to do. I always start by making a budget. Write it out, no keeping it in your memory.
      1. Watch out for the small purchases. they add up.
      2. I don't spend what I don't have.
      3. Automatic 10% transfer into my savings acct
      4: www.bankrate.com. A great resource
      5: Buying what I need and not what I want.
      6: Avoiding impulse buying by shopping with a list, even clothing and shoes.
      7: pay all bills on time and avoid late fees or interest rate increases.
      Neems' Hair Journal

Comment

Originally posted by BlondeByDesire View Post
        Has anyone put money in CD's?

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlyNikki

I use to do alot of CDs, but right now i am not liking the rates ....( too low for too long) CD can be a great thing and back in the days when there were some good rates, you made money on your money. But not any more.

I still check around and the the best rates i can find is ALLY Bank ( formerly GMAC), but what i don't like about them, they are only online.

CD are good if you have money you are not using and want to make a long term investment...but wait a while maybe the rates will go up.

Also, you can make some good interest on your savings account if you get a good rate.

HTH
        BC 01/01/07 and still loving it

Comment

Originally posted by cluelesscurl View Post
          Thanks for sharing that
          How about we share a few of our own tips/ideas?
          This is obviously a no brainer but I wasn't following this before and it makes sense to me now I use to go shopping without a list and would end up buying unecessary items on impulse I quickly learned to not shop when Im hungry
          My own tips.. don't buy anything on credit-- ever.
          http://bellemondehandmade.wordpress.com/ <--blog

http://bellemonde.storenvy.com/ <-- shop

http://bellemondemade.tumblr.com/

http://pinterest.com/bellemondemade/

Instagram: bekkapoo

Comment

Originally posted by Neems View Post
            Oooh saving money is my favorite thing to do. I always start by making a budget. Write it out, no keeping it in your memory.
            1. Watch out for the small purchases. they add up.
            2. I don't spend what I don't have.
            3. Automatic 10% transfer into my savings acct
            4: Mortgage Rates Credit Cards Refinance Home CD Rates by Bankrate.com. A great resource
            5: Buying what I need and not what I want.
            6: Avoiding impulse buying by shopping with a list, even clothing and shoes.
            7: pay all bills on time and avoid late fees or interest rate increases.

Hey neems ...you sound just like me I follow all these guidelines and it has serve me well.

One thing is must add, i listen and follow as much financial news as possible and it had save me a ton as when to put gas in my car. i know when the price of oil goes up gas goes up the next day... so i fill up and i last until gas goes back down ....i know ..i know

Comment

My own tip.....Never Ever go food shooping with kids. They make you buy things you do not need.

Comment

Sure send it my way
                Unfortunately, I can't upload this to the forum because the file size exceeds the limit. How can I send this to you via e-mail?

Comment

Originally posted by kinkycurlycg View Post
                  Unfortunately, I can't upload this to the forum because the file size exceeds the limit. How can I send this to you via e-mail?
                  I sent you a message
                  Blog CLUELESSCURL

Twitter @CluelessCurl

Comment

I've never had a gym membership, not that I have a phobia I just know how I am. I stay fit by walking outside and sometimes checking out workout DVD's from the library instead of buying them
                    Blog CLUELESSCURL

Twitter @CluelessCurl

Comment

I'm taking notes....keep the advice coming
                      xploredetroit.com
                      Twitter: BholdBeauty

T. Walters
                      Independent mark. Representative
                      http://twalters.mymarkstore.com

Comment

It's interesting that this thread was on the main page after I went on a shopping spree lol. I am TERRIBLE at saving. I actually have a couple hundred bucks automatically deducted from my check and put into savings but I spend it. I am basically of the "If I want it, I buy it" mantra which doesn't leave for proper saving. Sometimes I feel like I'm out of control. The only way I don't spend is if I can't due to running out of funds. If it's there, I won't leave it there. I think the most I ever saved was $500 by this March and then I blew that lol! My upbringing has a lot to do with it because I was admittedly spoiled. I didn't really understand the value of a dollar because money was always readily available. I definitely need to change and set a proper example for a future child I may have. I definitely will teach my child (unlike my parents, ugh!) that money isn't always there and it needs to be budgeted. The crazy thing is my ma is an EXCELLENT saver. That did not trickle down to me. Maybe I should make a thread for those of us saving challenged people lol!
                        Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/brwnbarbie24
                        Blogger: http://hotchocolate-stefanie.blogspot.com/
                        Twitter: brwnbarbie24

Comment

I've never had a gym membership, not that I have a phobia I just know how I am. I stay fit by walking outside and sometimes checking out workout DVD's from the library instead of buying them
                          oh yes!! me, too!! to save on buying dvd's i like to stream yoga workouts thru youtube.
                          my fav products:
                          evco, evoo, macademia nut oil, castor oil, aloe vera gel, water, shea butter

DaJewel's 4 Type Hair Journey to wl by Dec 12, 2012

"come look at my computer. is sumn wrong. is got ah apple in it. it is bit out of." has me dwl everytime!!!

Comment

oh, and i don't keep my ccs in my wallet. i stash those away somewhere. so, i only spend cash when am out and about. this is better for me because i can see in my hands how much money i do or don't have...it's a real realty check. helps me keep in perspective what i need to buy vs what i want to buy. it was hard at first (i started doing this in 2008/2009), but it is so worth it.
                            my fav products:
                            evco, evoo, macademia nut oil, castor oil, aloe vera gel, water, shea butter

DaJewel's 4 Type Hair Journey to wl by Dec 12, 2012

"come look at my computer. is sumn wrong. is got ah apple in it. it is bit out of." has me dwl everytime!!!

Comment

-Eat out less by learning to cook for yourself and having potlucks
                              -Use bank card at no fee ATM to avoid fees
                              -Don't underestimate the thrift stores

I force myself sometimes and wait before i buy to see if i can find it cheaper elsewhere and think do i really need it
                              Blog CLUELESSCURL

Twitter @CluelessCurl

Comment

-Eat out less by learning to cook for yourself and having potlucks
                                -Use bank card at no fee ATM to avoid fees
                                -Don't underestimate the thrift stores

I force myself sometimes and wait before i buy to see if i can find it cheaper elsewhere and think do i really need it
                                That was the best money saving tip I ever followed- stop yourself from last minute splurge shopping- I make lists of things I really want (for me it's mostly travel) and then I start planning how much money I need to get them- it might sound silly but writing things down makes them easier to stick too-
                                if you stay focused on things you really want it will help keep you from buying something you probably don't even need-
                                And last but not least I have an ATM/debit card- haven't had a credit card in about 6 years-

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlyNikki
                                “Fit no stereotypes.”
                                Colin Powell

Comment

Working...
                                X