X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you remember way back when....

Ok I have been reminiscing alot about things of the past. I was even reading a thread where SweetDrk1 quoted A family affair....the old skool joint. And the reply was unless it is Mary J blige then no.
    So let's go back and see what you can remeber....
    I remember the 10c Big blows(if that's what it was called) it came in the pink and green wrapper. The candy had a hard pink shell and you used to have to hide it b/c if you had one someone was sure to ask you for one b/c they could smell it on your breath lol. Or how about a super hero that was not Superman, like.....The Greatest American Hero. He was clumsy and funny. I can still remember that theme song. Believe it or not I'm walking on air I never thought I could feel so freeee, flying away on a wing and a prayer ooh could beeeee, believe or not its just meeeeee lol. That was my favorite show. Or how about Alexander's before there was a Macy's
    So if you can remember a game, a song, a tv show, candy etc, let's go back.
    Oh do you remember when gas was 99c I know someone can top that one
    Crystal No Lye 2.17.11. BC 7.21.11
    Low Porosity Kinky 4C Hair
    B]http://www.youtube.com/naturalblackqueen

I'm very young (21) but for my generation I miss the r&b like tlc and the old usher. Lol I also miss the original power rangers

FLICKR
    http://www.flickr.com/people/dollface_muah/

TUMBLR
    http://sunflowersandstarbucks.tumblr.com/

CURRENTLY DOING THE GREENHOUSE REGIMEN/ REAL QUEENS REGIMEN

Comment

Remember when kids would play outside and they would decide who was "it"

bubble gum, bubble gum in a dish how many pieces do you wish...

or

one , two , three not it
      I needed to be who I was, so that I can be who I am today..

Comment

Kids hand games...

tweety baby, tweety baby ya breath stank, go rockin in the tree top alllll night long huffin and a puffin and a singin that song all the little birds on jay bird street love to her the robin go kiss my feet... rockin robin..tweet tweet tweee leeee dee......

Comment

Originally posted by Naturalblackdiva View Post
          Ok I have been reminiscing alot about things of the past. I was even reading a thread where SweetDrk1 quoted A family affair....the old skool joint. And the reply was unless it is Mary J blige then no.
          So let's go back and see what you can remeber....
          I remember the 10c Big blows(if that's what it was called) it came in the pink and green wrapper. The candy had a hard pink shell and you used to have to hide it b/c if you had one someone was sure to ask you for one b/c they could smell it on your breath lol. Or how about a super hero that was not Superman, like.....The Greatest American Hero. He was clumsy and funny. I can still remember that theme song. Believe it or not I'm walking on air I never thought I could feel so freeee, flying away on a wing and a prayer ooh could beeeee, believe or not its just meeeeee lol. That was my favorite show. Or how about Alexander's before there was a Macy's
          So if you can remember a game, a song, a tv show, candy etc, let's go back.
          Oh do you remember when gas was 99c I know someone can top that one
          LOL! It's Big Bol. And I still chew it even though it takes 10 to have a decent chew! I remember when me and my friends could play outside all day and into the night without our parents worrying that we'd been kidnapped. Speaking of being kidnapped, did y'all run every time you would see a white van? We'd haul tail! That's the kidnapper van! Ahhh, the good ole days!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App
          SHEBA dob 12/30/10

Comment

Playing jacks, Kick ball, Hide n go seek, Marbles, The store Howard brothers. Huka bucks(frozen Koolaid)red of course and even though u can make them urself the candy store lady had the best. Ummm the fun we had as kids true honest and pure.

Comment

I remember when I could cash in a GLASS pop bottle and buy PENNY candy..penny candy is 5cents now..

Comment

Originally posted by naturallythick View Post
                Remember when kids would play outside and they would decide who was "it"

bubble gum, bubble gum in a dish how many pieces do you wish...

or

one , two , three not it
                YESS!!!! I remember that song! We were some fresh thangs back then remember... I get my colored boy and beat your behind, take a A B C D E F G clap clap H I J....what the hell did that song mean!?!? lol

@CurlyDiva I remember the Power Rangers my nephew had to be one for Halloween. Every girl was the pink one lol

Comment

LMBO @ NJada

Comment

Jump rope. Man we could jump all day long and never get tired. Slide baby, one of my favorite games(sorta like the hand game netti and Celi played on d color purple)

Comment

I miss GEM. i swore she was the best rocker super woman in the world lol and the muppet show- my fav was the mumbling chef teehee

i also miss The Boys, i had a crush on all of them
                      *POW* ....its NikNak ;-) Follow me on Twitter @NikkiNukka1, Instagram @ NikkiNukka, Youtube- NikkiNukka

Comment

I remember playing Miss Mary Mack

Miss Mary Mack, Mack,Mack
                        All dressed in black, black, black
                        With silver buttons, buttons, buttons
                        All down her back, back, back

And Red Light, Green Light, Stop, Hide & Seek, hopscotch, man so many good ol memories

 from myusing CurlyNikki
                        DiamondCurl24/7
                        Last Relaxer: Feb. 2008
                        Follow me on Instagram diamondev27

Comment

Originally posted by NikkiNukka View Post
                          I miss GEM. i swore she was the best rocker super woman in the world lol and the muppet show- my fav was the mumbling chef teehee

i also miss The Boys, i had a crush on all of them
                          OMG, I LOVED Gem

'Gem is truly outrageous...'-forgot the rest of the song, lol.
                          And I also loved the Boys!!!

 from myusing CurlyNikki
                          DiamondCurl24/7
                          Last Relaxer: Feb. 2008
                          Follow me on Instagram diamondev27

Comment

ohhhh do you remember when you used to have your favorite cartoon characters drawn on your clothes. I had Bart Simpson, not b/c I liked him, but b/c my girlfriend knew how to draw it and it was free. Or Gumby. We used to rush home to see some Gumby.
                            Or what about pixie sticks and charleston chews

Comment

remember POP Rocks.. My big cousin would tell me not to drink it with soda or my stomach would explode...lol

what about those slap wrist bracelets or jelly bracelets (before they were banned with this new kids)

speaking of new kids....N.K.O.T.B...
                              Last edited by naturallythick; 08-03-2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X