Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Search Forums and Threads

Searching Forums and Threads
    How do I search for something?

To quickly find a thread or post of interest anywhere on the bulletin board, click on the 'Search' link in the navigation bar at the top of most forum pages. Then, type in the keyword or phrase you wish to search for, and select either 'Show Threads' or 'Show Posts' to view the results. By selecting posts, you will be shown only the actual post in which the search word appears.

For more control over the search, select 'Advanced Search' from the drop-down box. The advanced search page allows you to restrict your search to individual forums, find posts or threads by user, or return results based on tags (?). There are also options to find posts from a certain date, or threads with a certain number of replies.

How do I search a specific forum or thread?

If you are browsing a forum, you can quickly search for a thread or post within it by clicking on the 'Search this forum' link near the top of the page (it's above the list of threads). You can also search for individual posts within a thread by clicking on the 'Search this Thread' link at the top of any thread view page.

Too many search results? Here's how to narrow things down:
    Try not to do single term searches. This will pull any and every thread containing the search time thus resulting in plenty of threads that will more than likely be irrelevant to what you're looking for.

Types of Searches
    detangling conditioner ------ Find posts that contain at least one of these words
    +detangling +conditioner --- Find posts with both words
    +detangling -conditioner --- Find posts with 'detangling' but not 'conditioner'
    conditioner* ---- Find posts with 'conditioner' and/or 'conditioner(insert word)' (second '' written as one word)
    "detangling conditioner"---- Find posts with the phrase 'detangling conditioner needed', 'detangling conditioner' but not 'detangling moisturizing conditioner'(i.e., the two words will follow each other in the sentence)
    Last edited by juanab; 05-06-2013, 05:10 PM.

I have done the search & still can't find the random thoughts thread, is it gone? Sent from my Desire HD using CurlyNikki App

Comment

miah_23_ncb,

Here is the link to the thread:

http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/foru...hts-iv/page940

There is a help link at the bottom of each page. You will find some helpful tips there. When you go to your profile, it shows everything you have participated in.

Comment

Working...
      X