Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms Hood
    started a topic Why Men Fear Relationships

Why Men Fear Relationships

I normally dont hold too much weight on general articles, but this 1 is pretty decent. Are u just like every other woman? Hmmm.

Relationship Advice: The Raw Truth of Why Men Fear Relationships

• Winterkey
    replied
    Originally posted by jslilbit View Post
    Oh no. We stopped talking a month ago.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App
    Good Job!! Know need to waste time or effort!

Leave a comment:

• jslilbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Winterkey View Post
    The real question is are you going to continue waiting for him ?
    Oh no. We stopped talking a month ago.

Leave a comment:

• Braelynn Blue
    replied
    Thanks cause it took me a while to see the light ..lol
    Girl me too. I have learned a lot over the years I tell you. They were hard lessons but they have definitely made me wiser and I am thankful for that.

Leave a comment:

• Winterkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Braelynn Blue View Post
    Preach! High five...
    Thanks cause it took me a while to see the light ..lol

Leave a comment:

• Winterkey
    replied
    Originally posted by jslilbit View Post
    Yes, some of the above comments may be true, but not all situations are the same with ulterior motives. From the outside looking in that may appear true, but I truly know him and his crazy overly logically ways. He cannot see himself dating someone when he doesn't have his ish together. Especially with him starting dental school next year and having gone through the process of applying and interviewing this year. Also, no I wasn't talking to anyone else because the ones who approached didn't meet my standards. There is a lot of other background to the story (his only 2 gfs cheated on him), but all in all I waited too damn long for someone who indicated in the beginning that he wasn't ready for a relationship. Sex wasn't a factor in our friendship.

The real question is are you going to continue waiting for him ?

Leave a comment:

• jslilbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Braelynn Blue View Post
    The bottom line is know your worth. If they are telling you that then listen. Then keep it moving. Because they will be ready alright...just not with you.

I will tell you one thing. If I know I am looking for a relationship or even dating and you have to get your ish together just to date, not marry, but date, then you need to look else where. Someone with the exact same qualities will come along and will be ready to date. I am not waiting on you. Life is too short and I will not put my eggs in one basket to wait for you to change your mind or think that I can be the one to change your mind.

Let's call a spade a spade.
    It's funny because my parents were actually praising him for wanting to be a man and get stable before starting a relationship. I guess it's a generational thing because I didn't quite understand it until my father explained it to me. Either way I'm still just friends with him. I'm not perfect and hind sight is definitely 20/20.

Leave a comment:

• Braelynn Blue
    replied
    I like the article and it made alot of sense and it hold some truth about women. The thing is to me women always try to change a man. For instance if a man says he not looking for a relationship but u think you can change his mind. Your just wasting your time. It crazy cause women will take the time to nurture a man and be there for him. Only for that same man that told u from the beginning E wasn't ready leave you and walk into somebody else hands. Women need to stop settling for BS and anytime a man says he has to get is self together. He basically saying you cool but I can do better and if I can't do better I come back to u. We as women sit there and say one day he will realize and come back and see my worth but in truth if he love you regardless of the situation he be with you good or bad. All that my financial situation isn't right is a bunch of BS to make it seem like he trying to do better for us but in truth he just wants to be able to deal with us by giving women hope. Women need to stop settling and go into every situation with their eyes open.
    Preach! High five...

Leave a comment:

• Braelynn Blue
    replied
    The bottom line is know your worth. If they are telling you that then listen. Then keep it moving. Because they will be ready alright...just not with you.

I will tell you one thing. If I know I am looking for a relationship or even dating and you have to get your ish together just to date, not marry, but date, then you need to look else where. Someone with the exact same qualities will come along and will be ready to date. I am not waiting on you. Life is too short and I will not put my eggs in one basket to wait for you to change your mind or think that I can be the one to change your mind.

Let's call a spade a spade.

Leave a comment:

• jslilbit
    replied
    Yes, some of the above comments may be true, but not all situations are the same with ulterior motives. From the outside looking in that may appear true, but I truly know him and his crazy overly logically ways. He cannot see himself dating someone when he doesn't have his ish together. Especially with him starting dental school next year and having gone through the process of applying and interviewing this year. Also, no I wasn't talking to anyone else because the ones who approached didn't meet my standards. There is a lot of other background to the story (his only 2 gfs cheated on him), but all in all I waited too damn long for someone who indicated in the beginning that he wasn't ready for a relationship. Sex wasn't a factor in our friendship.

Leave a comment:

• Ms Hood
    replied
    Very true Winterkey. I've never lacked for offers or company from QUALITY men. A drought or bad experience I have never seen. But I think its also partly because I don't pay them any attention. Considering my life will be complete without kids, I'll tell them in a heartbeat - u will NE-VER be trapped by me. Baby mama I won't be. Not b/c there's anything wrong w/ it, but b/c I don't want kids! Sweat u I will NE-VER do! I have too many offers to be worried about u. Whatever u won't do, the next 1 will. I have been supporting myself for over 10 years, bought my own house, & paid for my car in full - so wanting your money is not even a thought. I'm dating u because I truly enjoy u and because I see the value in u...

...When they hear u must generally want to be with them for them, & not have an ulterior motive, be clingy, needy, or try and trap them - they come running! Miss out on the opportunity to be "Mr Hood" if u want to - u'll be kicking yourself later!

Shoot me some shyt if u want. I'll block your number and never speak to you again. When u see me in the street I'll be like "I'm sorry, what's your name again?"

Leave a comment:

• CurlMe10der
    replied
    ^^^^ agreed

Leave a comment:

• Winterkey
    replied
    I like the article and it made alot of sense and it hold some truth about women. The thing is to me women always try to change a man. For instance if a man says he not looking for a relationship but u think you can change his mind. Your just wasting your time. It crazy cause women will take the time to nurture a man and be there for him. Only for that same man that told u from the beginning E wasn't ready leave you and walk into somebody else hands. Women need to stop settling for BS and anytime a man says he has to get is self together. He basically saying you cool but I can do better and if I can't do better I come back to u. We as women sit there and say one day he will realize and come back and see my worth but in truth if he love you regardless of the situation he be with you good or bad. All that my financial situation isn't right is a bunch of BS to make it seem like he trying to do better for us but in truth he just wants to be able to deal with us by giving women hope. Women need to stop settling and go into every situation with their eyes open.

Leave a comment:

• Braelynn Blue
    replied
    Originally posted by ToriShawdee View Post
    But I think also that everything goes back to the reason for this post, the article.

Sent from my LS670 using CurlyNikki App
    Exactly but what I am saying is that honestly it doesn't matter if and when you give it or not if they want to be with you they will. Usually guys know within a month's time frame. I think this is an interesting read, but we also have to use our common sense too. Come on ladies, you don't need this article to figure this out. But thanks Ms. Hood for enlightening some young ladies .

Leave a comment:

• ToriShawdee
    replied
    But I think also that everything goes back to the reason for this post, the article.

Sent from my LS670 using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

Working...
X