Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by curlycris View Post
    I think I need to learn more about God

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App
    Me too! I'm saved but I've always been told that you HAVE to go to church and in a way it implies that if you don't go to church you won't get into heaven. I try to go to church as much as i can but its not always the enviorment i want to be in so sometimes i just don't go. Its like there are certain "cliques" in church. And i had once found myself caught up in it and its doesn't feel good.kinda like you are a hypocrite. So i have since seperated myself from that and i feel like i just need a better understanding and the convo you all were having really put things into perspective for me and i totally agree with everything that was said . I'm sorry this was such a long post...

Sent from my LG-P505 using CurlyNikki App
    BC: 5/8/12 never felt more beautiful<3
    Last relaxer:April 2010

Comment

• [QUOTE=YungNaturalfree

Being a PK, it's always been sort of expected for me to go to church methinks. But my parents always explained to me that going to church doesn't make you a Christian, just like going to McDonald's doesn't make you a cheeseburger. But, I believe, as it says in God's Word, that church is important because believers need to be in fellowship with each other. But it's difficult finding a solid church home where the gospel is preached & the congregation is filled with people who are actually Bible-believing Christians.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• [QUOTE=Sarang94;778187][QUOTE=YungNaturalfree

Being a PK, it's always been sort of expected for me to go to church methinks. But my parents always explained to me that going to church doesn't make you a Christian, just like going to McDonald's doesn't make you a cheeseburger. But, I believe, as it says in God's Word, that church is important because believers need to be in fellowship with each other. But it's difficult finding a solid church home where the gospel is preached & the congregation is filled with people who are actually Bible-believing Christians.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using CurlyNikki App[/QUOTE]
        I understand my mom has told me the same coming up... but idk i guess its like what i said before i started back going to church a lot and i just got caught up in a lot of the negetivity. So i agree sometimes its hard to find a good church famiily.

Comment

• [QUOTE=YungNaturalfree
          I can definitely understand that. There are cliques & whatnot, & I'm not much of a group person, so I don't always fit in.

I'm not satisfied spiritually at the church I'm at now, so I'm looking into others & uy. It's depressing sometimes.
          Sent from my SCH-I200 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenBlaze View Post
            Simple minded people cant understand actions that transcend beyond the superficial.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlyNikki App
            I think people who question someone else's choice in a mate solely based on looks doesn't really know anything about real love.

Originally posted by Quiana223 View Post
            I'm not going to reply quote to all of what was said, but I agree with you ladies. This is why I have a hard time going to church. The selection is so slim. My brother's church is the 2nd largest in Orlando, and it's having issues because the pastor decided to sleep with people in the congregation. I know that we're not "supposed" to be place all of our trust in man, but if I'm listening to you spread the gospel, you're someone that I need to look up to. Therefore, I'd hold you up to a higher regard.
            I agree. The church pickings are slim. I get so bored at church that it's sad. No need in going if I'm going to fall asleep from boredom there. No one would listen to anyone else's suggestion to perk things up. While church is not for entertainment, it is supposed to be an expression of praise and worship. But, what happens if the praise and worship just doesn't fit your style?

Yea, there are so many temptations for church leaders these days. Too many lonely women crushing on the married minister and in turn, he gives in to temptation.
            http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

• Originally posted by InternationalNatural View Post
              T.D. Jakes is comin to speak at Hillsong Church here and I was all amped to go until I saw the price. Last time I checked a seminar for a church ain't supposed to cost 279 bucks per person for one day out of the whole time it's on. They call the church service a "rally," That's why they charge for it. Da fucc is wrong with people here? Hillsong must wanna cater to the rich folks so I'm youtubing it. This is ridic.
              He's been to my church a few times in Texas. Too bad I never knew the day he would come. I didn't go every Sunday. I never heard anything about paying to get him. Maybe it's because he's traveling far??? That's sad. I wouldn't go, I need to get my car fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravenpriestess View Post
                I know this is random but it bothers me when women question how a man could be with an unattractive woman. Maybe that woman feels beautiful and the man only sees beauty when he looks at her. Who are we to say if two seemingly unmatched people should be together?
                It's sad. I say who cares as long as they are both happy and in love. I've noticed it's usually the spinsters that engage in that kind of commentary...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• Originally posted by Quiana223 View Post
                  I'm not going to reply quote to all of what was said, but I agree with you ladies. This is why I have a hard time going to church. The selection is so slim. My brother's church is the 2nd largest in Orlando, and it's having issues because the pastor decided to sleep with people in the congregation. I know that we're not "supposed" to be place all of our trust in man, but if I'm listening to you spread the gospel, you're someone that I need to look up to. Therefore, I'd hold you up to a higher regard.
                  Yes you really have to be careful who you are listening to. That story is horrible it really is that's really sad. My father is a preacher, and was when my mother met him, that is how he met her, sleeping with his members and her sleeping with the pastor. Whooooo and he has three kids and has be absent from all of our lives. Yet he's preaching to people every Sunday about how they should live their lives? I just cant get with that! Oh there are just some things on this earth I will never understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenBlaze View Post
                    Pick your churches like you pick your fruit. Even the bible says, Matthew 12:33*"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlyNikki App
                    I like picking church like fruit.

The church I've been going to lately I like. The pastor explained church not as a requirement but as an extended family, a place to meet and fellowship with like minded people. Humans weren't created to be alone and the church can be someone's family esp. if they don't have the "family" they were born into.
                    Thick, dense, coily, protein friendly 4-something hair

Product Junkie

Comment

• This man is seriously gang banging on the train right now thinking he is just oh sooooo hard! Banging on this man that don't want nothing to do with him. Leave this man alone please why are people so ridiculously ignorant it's a shame! Going on and on about how he kills people!!! Really???? This world, I just can't!!!

Comment

• Seeing u irks my nerves. u get mad cuz ur a lonely and weird girl with only 2 friends. U need to get out ur bubble and learn to be independent!

Comment

• Originally posted by YungNaturalfree<3 View Post
                          Me too! I'm saved but I've always been told that you HAVE to go to church and in a way it implies that if you don't go to church you won't get into heaven. I try to go to church as much as i can but its not always the enviorment i want to be in so sometimes i just don't go. Its like there are certain "cliques" in church. And i had once found myself caught up in it and its doesn't feel good.kinda like you are a hypocrite. So i have since seperated myself from that and i feel like i just need a better understanding and the convo you all were having really put things into perspective for me and i totally agree with everything that was said . I'm sorry this was such a long post...

I've always been taught that church is more than a building. Yes,there are cliques in church just as there are in any other social circles.

There isn't a commandment that says "Thou shalt go to church." Nope, never read that commandment. But, according to Jesus the most important commandments boil down to "Love the Lord your God with your heart soul, and strength" and "Love your neighbor as you love yourself". Those two commandments mean more than putting on airs and being fake.

Originally posted by LuvMyCurls429 View Post
                          It's sad. I say who cares as long as they are both happy and in love. I've noticed it's usually the spinsters that engage in that kind of commentary...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App
                          Pretty much attracting someone decent boils down to having an attractiveness that goes beyond appearance. But, rather it is having a beautiful soul and spirit.

I also have to point out that attraction can be negative or positive. I think about when I had that mindset and I attracted what I was. I honestly can say that my negativity was my downfall, but thank God I saw the error in my ways.

It's great to see people in love no matter how mismatched the world thinks they are.
                          http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

• @Sarang..

So true about Church.....I LOVE my Church and my Church family. I visited many Churches a few years ago but settled on my Church over 14 years ago. I look forward to going there for worship and participating in various fellowships and other events. Most importantly, it Bible based expository preaching from the pulpit and warm amazingly great people in the pews.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CurlyNikki App
                            Last edited by <3mycurls; 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM.
                            BrownEyed Natural

Comment

• I hate giving my dog a bath. He us so scared of everything. Ugh!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App
                              BC: March 23, 2013
                              Last Relaxer: November 17, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravenpriestess View Post
                                I've always been taught that church is more than a building. Yes,there are cliques in church just as there are in any other social circles.

There isn't a commandment that says "Thou shalt go to church." Nope, never read that commandment. But, according to Jesus the most important commandments boil down to "Love the Lord your God with your heart soul, and strength" and "Love your neighbor as you love yourself". Those two commandments mean more than putting on airs and being fake.

Pretty much attracting someone decent boils down to having an attractiveness that goes beyond appearance. But, rather it is having a beautiful soul and spirit.

I also have to point out that attraction can be negative or positive. I think about when I had that mindset and I attracted what I was. I honestly can say that my negativity was my downfall, but thank God I saw the error in my ways.

It's great to see people in love no matter how mismatched the world thinks they are.
                                +1111 Very true i agree

Comment

Working...
                                X