X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any jazz fans?

Does anybody here like jazz? I like vocal jazz. I love norah jones, billie holiday, ella fitzgerald, diana krall, melody gardot and alot more. But of course I love r&b but im starting to REALLY love jazz

Sent from my LS670 using CurlyNikki App

I love contemporary jazz and anyone playing the Sax! Sade, Lalah Hathaway, Brenda Russell, Najee, Grover Washington Jr, Boney James, Kenny G and Paul Hardcastle are a few of my favorites. It's so many.

Comment

Originally posted by CurlyBronzie View Post
      I love contemporary jazz and anyone playing the Sax! Sade, Lalah Hathaway, Brenda Russell, Najee, Grover Washington Jr, Boney James, Kenny G and Paul Hardcastle are a few of my favorites. It's so many.
      I love Sade, shes soooo amazing and her voice is beautiful)

Comment

Originally posted by poeticjewel95 View Post
        I love Sade, shes soooo amazing and her voice is beautiful)

I agree and her band was awesome in concert!

Comment

Omg yes finally. Harry belafonte frank Sinatra dean martin..... Old stuff for sure. Eartha kitt. Rosemary clooney

Comment

Yes, I LOVE Jazz. I love Big Band, Vocal, Contemporary, Smooth & Jazz Fusion. My favorite vocal artist right now is Gregory Porter. I have all 3 of his albums. Incredible talent! My fav vintage ladies are of course Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holiday, Dinah Washington, and Nina Simone. But Sarah Vaughan is my absolute favorite. Others I adore, Rachelle Ferrell, Lalah Hathaway, Diana Krall, Diane Reeves, Cassandra Wilson. My musician favs. Pamela Williams, Eric Darius, Brian Culbertson, Kim Waters, Najee, Kenny G, Roy Ayers, Boney James, Farnell Newton, Robert Glasper, Kirk Whalum, Dave Koz, Smooth Jazz All-Stars, Streetwize. I could go on and on. I have music from so many jazz artists and musicians old and new, known and unknown. I love it and listen to it daily.

Comment

Originally posted by 1FlySista View Post
              Yes, I LOVE Jazz. I love Big Band, Vocal, Contemporary, Smooth & Jazz Fusion. My favorite vocal artist right now is Gregory Porter. I have all 3 of his albums. Incredible talent! My fav vintage ladies are of course Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holiday, Dinah Washington, and Nina Simone. But Sarah Vaughan is my absolute favorite. Others I adore, Rachelle Ferrell, Lalah Hathaway, Diana Krall, Diane Reeves, Cassandra Wilson. My musician favs. Pamela Williams, Eric Darius, Brian Culbertson, Kim Waters, Najee, Kenny G, Roy Ayers, Boney James, Farnell Newton, Robert Glasper, Kirk Whalum, Dave Koz, Smooth Jazz All-Stars, Streetwize. I could go on and on. I have music from so many jazz artists and musicians old and new, known and unknown. I love it and listen to it daily.
              Omg, I love all the vintage ladies, theyre soooo amazing, im really loving billie holiday and ella fitzgerald. I love all the women you named lol, I especially love Diana krall, shes amazing! But my fave of all time is Norah Jones, her voise is sooo beautiful and peaceful. I think my next CDs that I buy is gonna be from diana krall cuz shes really amazing and I really want her music)

Comment

Yes!! I love those artists, I'm such a jazz girl. My dad used to play jazz music when I was younger, so I definitely have a soft spot for it.

Sent from my LG-D800 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I do have a question though, is billie holiday and ella fitzgerald more swing jazz??? It sounds like it to me but im not sure

Comment

Working...
                  X