X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any metalheads?

Hey anyone here like metal or any subgenre of metal? I see a lot of music threads but none about metal. Some of my favorite bands are deftones,trivium,killswitch engage,as I lay dying,suicide silence,god forbid,emmure,carnifex,lamb of god,pod,system of a down,dimmu bordgi,soulfly,in flames. I also like other bands not exactly metal but you get it lol. Three days graces,queens of the stone age,breaking benjamin,old school linkin park,scars of tommorow,arch enemy,straight line stitch,the bled,bleeding through,rammstein,metallica,slayer,slash,dead kennedys,devil wears pradas,all that remains,every time I die,my riot,darkest hour,slipknot,throwdown,papa roach,job for a cowboy,devildriver,tricky,earshot,disturbed,3 inches of blood,coheed and cambria,atreyu,megadeath,alexisononfire,within tempation,instruction,
    I like more bands than this but I can't think of them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using CurlyNikki App

I love at of the bands u listed. System of a down, every time I die, killswitch, slipknot etc.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App
    GO STEELERS!!!

My staples vary from season to season.

Twitter: @Jivelene and INSTAGRAM: Jivelene

Check Out My Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...kies-tale.html

Comment

Yay! I'm going to see killswitch next month

Originally posted by Jivelene View Post
      I love at of the bands u listed. System of a down, every time I die, killswitch, slipknot etc.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Another Rock fan here! I love like 95% of the bands listed above. And the other 5% I've heard of bit not got around to checking them out. I actually went to warped tour Tuesday and Wednesday and saw some great bands: Taking Back Sunday, Bless The Fall, For Today, Pierce The Veil and Sleeeping With Sirens, and many more! I had a blast, have any of you been to warped tour before?

Sent from my LS670 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Sorry I'm late but no I haven't been to warped tour!
          I wish I could go to mayhem festival . I would like to go to warped tour one day. I like all the bands you mentioned minus bless the fall. I've never hard of them but I will check them out
          Originally posted by roxyloxrocks View Post
          Another Rock fan here! I love like 95% of the bands listed above. And the other 5% I've heard of bit not got around to checking them out. I actually went to warped tour Tuesday and Wednesday and saw some great bands: Taking Back Sunday, Bless The Fall, For Today, Pierce The Veil and Sleeeping With Sirens, and many more! I had a blast, have any of you been to warped tour before?

Comment

Yeah its pretty awesome. I've been going for 4 years straight. I need to check out this mayhem festival, sounds cool.

Comment

I haven't been to a concert since about three years ago. My last concert I went to was at the house of blues in chicago. I saw bring me the horizon,architects. Those were the main bands I went to see. I don't even remember the others playing. I used to go to the ntion in richmond virginia a lot. I was always alone at shows I didn't have friends lol. My ma and gma would drop me off while they browsed the city. I've seen hatebreed I think,as I lay daying,darkest hour (got to meet the drummer),killswitch engage. I went to summerslaughter. I got my purse stolen and shirts and ipod and new cds it was awful but I got to meet darkest hour and some other band forgot who they were. Lol. They weren't a big band. I just discovered them when I went there. I have their cds in poland which hopefully I will get my stuff shipped back to the us soon! I'm in pittsburgh now. I'm going to see trivium,killswitch,emmure. They have other bands playing but those are the main ones I want to see can't waitt. I just found out there have mayhem here in pa. I missed it. I always wanted to go so bad

Yeah its pretty awesome. I've been going for 4 years straight. I need to check out this mayhem festival, sounds cool.

Comment

I just started going to concerts in 2009 when i was 18 and haven't looked back. Me and one of my best friends is my concert buddy. I lucked out since it can be a challenge in my area to find people who listen to such music lol. Ive seen and met too many bands to name here but it's definitely an awesome experience and i really encourage you to go to more even going alone you can meet some cool people. That sucks about your stuff getting stolen. Thank God that hasn't happen to me yet. I'm actually kinda close to you. I'm in Maryland about 15 min from DC, so i go to shows in DC, VA and MD in the summer. But i go to school about 1 1/2 hours from Pittsburgh so I've hit up a few shows there too. If you don't mind me asking, why were you in Poland?

Comment

I have a crazy life. My bf is polish. We were moving to scotland but I got deported and locked in the airport holding room for nine hours. He sent our stuff to poland bc the plan was for his mother to send our clothes to scotland from poland. What school do you attend? I've had a hard time my entire life finding people who have silimar music taste. Mostly I have only mert white people but they were mostly snobs and the fact that I wasn't the same skin tone was an issue apprently because I'm black so I must be a poser. Killed me in high school I went to a predominately white school and most of the girls would never talk to me. I didn't dress a certain way to signify I like metal. I dressed however I wanted to! Funny thing is I knew more bands than them and listened to way heavier music but people can be judgemental :/. I used to get called a witch and all sorts of names.

I just started going to concerts in 2009 when i was 18 and haven't looked back. Me and one of my best friends is my concert buddy. I lucked out since it can be a challenge in my area to find people who listen to such music lol. Ive seen and met too many bands to name here but it's definitely an awesome experience and i really encourage you to go to more even going alone you can meet some cool people. That sucks about your stuff getting stolen. Thank God that hasn't happen to me yet. I'm actually kinda close to you. I'm in Maryland about 15 min from DC, so i go to shows in DC, VA and MD in the summer. But i go to school about 1 1/2 hours from Pittsburgh so I've hit up a few shows there too. If you don't mind me asking, why were you in Poland?

Comment

I'm more of an Alternative fan. I LOVE Classic Rock. But I do dabble in a few Metal bands.

Comment

Omg yes! I actually listen to an array of genres, but metal has a special place in my heart. I've always wanted to go to bonnaroo or warped or mayhem, but I live too far away from those places and I don't have any money like that. Plus, ppl always look at me weird because I like metal...I'm like, dude...just because I'm black doesn't mean I can't appreciate metal. Its so energetic and there's so much going on. Love it! My family doesn't appreciate it, and they make jokes that it sounds demonic, but they just don't understand. I was beginning to think I was weird, haha. Happy to know there are other ppl like me in the world.

Sent from my DROID2 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

@curlsarefromheaven that does sound crazy but yay for interracial couples and black people who love a good guitar riff and and some screaming Haha. I was actually in england for 5 months last year studying. I got to go to Scotland and loved it, so needless to say I'm super jealous of you lol. I go to Frostburg, up in western Maryland. And i know what you mean also @rayofsun people can be smallminded smh but that just makes me turn up my music and smile at them. I get looks every now and then but oh well. My family don't get it either when it comes to the harder stuff but they're pretty open-minded about most things.

Comment

I need to find a rock concert buddy. My friends aren't really into what I'm into.

Comment

Don't be jealous I got deported,kicked out,locked up so I didn't even get to see london or scotland just the airport. I was on a plane for three days. They cut me off my vodka on the plane too bc my stupidass asked them if I could switch my flight and stay in new york instead of going back to chicago. The person sitting beside me hooked me up with a free drink tho luckily I passed out but I was miserable absolutely miserable.

@curlsarefromheaven that does sound crazy but yay for interracial couples and black people who love a good guitar riff and and some screaming Haha. I was actually in england for 5 months last year studying. I got to go to Scotland and loved it, so needless to say I'm super jealous of you lol. I go to Frostburg, up in western Maryland. And i know what you mean also @rayofsun people can be smallminded smh but that just makes me turn up my music and smile at them. I get looks every now and then but oh well. My family don't get it either when it comes to the harder stuff but they're pretty open-minded about most things.

Comment

And I really don't have friends to be honest. I just recently started talking to one girl I grew up with but she stays down south. Other than that I have my bf and that's it. People always find me weird or crazy. Very rarely I find people who understand my personality.

Originally posted by rayofsun View Post
                              Omg yes! I actually listen to an array of genres, but metal has a special place in my heart. I've always wanted to go to bonnaroo or warped or mayhem, but I live too far away from those places and I don't have any money like that. Plus, ppl always look at me weird because I like metal...I'm like, dude...just because I'm black doesn't mean I can't appreciate metal. Its so energetic and there's so much going on. Love it! My family doesn't appreciate it, and they make jokes that it sounds demonic, but they just don't understand. I was beginning to think I was weird, haha. Happy to know there are other ppl like me in the world.

Sent from my DROID2 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Working...
                              X