X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloe vera gel for acne and dark marks/scars

So i've started Aloe vera gel for acne and dark spots twice a day after gently cleansing my skin. I've been doing it for a week now and am seeing some pretty nice results.
    What are some of your experiences with your skin and alot vera products?

Can you take a picture of what your AVG bottle looks like? I am online right now reading about AVG and ACV as acne treatments.. my cheeks are breaking out terribly and I need something and I Need something fast.
    Big Chop: 5/20/2011

"Don't Remove the Kinks from your hair... Remove them from your Brain."

~ Marcus Garvey ~

ChocolateHairAffair - http://www.youtube.com/user/JusBnNappy

Twitter: @ChocHairAffair

This is a true confession, of a life learned lesson that I was sent here to share with yawl...
    ~India Arie~

Comment

Originally posted by curlyKI View Post
      So i've started Aloe vera gel for acne and dark spots twice a day after gently cleansing my skin. I've been doing it for a week now and am seeing some pretty nice results.
      What are some of your experiences with your skin and alot vera products?
      I love avg as a moisturizer. And acv and witch hazel as a toner. The best combo for my acne oily skin. I also use avj, neem and Alma as mask from time to time. Love it

Sent from my Comet using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Attachment

Here is a picture. It's the fruit of the earth brand. Got from walmart for about 3 bucks

Sent from my LG-LW690 using CurlyNikki App
        Attached Files

Comment

Do you just put the Aloe Vera Gel on the actual acne bumbs? or DO you rub it all over your face? Do you mix it with something to get the best results?

Comment

Aloe Vera gel is one of my favorite ways to get rid of acne/scars.
            I use the lily of the desert one though.
            I noticed it would make my skin flake If I used it by itself, so at night after I put on my oil, I'll rub a little aloe Vera gel on top. (but maybe it just makes my skin flake because my skin is already extremely dry)

Sent from my iPad using CurlyNikki

Comment

How do you use it - Do you place it only on spots as needed? or do you use it daily ?

Comment

I use the vaseline brand over my astringent and fade spot cream 2x a day, it seems to make my face less oily. It must be the ph working

Comment

Originally posted by aricajwalker
                  I have been using aloe vera for the past month or so and have had mixed results. It seems to do a decent job fading my red marks, but it seems like everytime I put it on it seems to purge other areas causing a never ending cycle of developing new active spots. Sometimes I have wondered if I had not put it on, would I have as many active spots. So for now I'm suspending my use of aloe vera.
                  there seems to be a deeper cause of your acne. the alot vera gel brings out bacteria that is dwelling underneath your skin, which is a good thing or it could cause LARGER bumps later when it surfaces. Info I got from my dermatologist. Try using a face mask that pulls out oil and dirt twice a week. Also, i'm not sure if your using a daily deep cleanser. I use the walmart brand of cetaphil in the morning and ambi facial wash before I go to bed and when removing any make up.

If I see a bump surfacing I throw on a lil burt's bees blemish stick on it and it's gone before the day ends.

the last thing I do to my face on any of my regimens is put aloe vera gel over my complete face and neck. Doing this on a clean, dry face helps me with moisture and dark spots. I'll try to find some before and after shots to show later.

Comment

Originally posted by curlyKI View Post
                    there seems to be a deeper cause of your acne. the alot vera gel brings out bacteria that is dwelling underneath your skin, which is a good thing or it could cause LARGER bumps later when it surfaces. Info I got from my dermatologist. Try using a face mask that pulls out oil and dirt twice a week. Also, i'm not sure if your using a daily deep cleanser. I use the walmart brand of cetaphil in the morning and ambi facial wash before I go to bed and when removing any make up.

If I see a bump surfacing I throw on a lil burt's bees blemish stick on it and it's gone before the day ends.

the last thing I do to my face on any of my regimens is put aloe vera gel over my complete face and neck. Doing this on a clean, dry face helps me with moisture and dark spots. I'll try to find some before and after shots to show later.

Thank you this info was helpful. I started using the Yes to Tomatoes line and I have used Aloe Vera Gel as the final step.

Comment

Try using a real aloe plant. You can get it at Home Depot and Lowes and some Wal-Mart stores also. The entire plant may cost you $3-$5 and it's well worth it. I make my own homemade soaps so I don't deal with all the chemicals in commercial soaps. After I was my face at night, I apply the AVG and sleep with it on get up and wash it out in the morning

Comment

I have been using a mixture of aloe vera gel, argan oil, a little vitamin e and rosemary as preservatives. It works great. My face is not oily and it stays moisturized. I use lily of the dessert brand from vitamin shop. Rosemary oil is great for those who dont want to keep their mix refrigerated.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I think aloe vera leaf or gel is really effective in removing acne marks and also good to have radiant skin so I think it is an advisable products that we should use for our skin.
                          permanent makeup NYC

Comment

I stopped using it as a nighttime treatment, and now I use it as a "toner".
                            I mix it with vit E/rose hip seed oil (both great for scars).
                            I'm planning on adding lemon juice, and Rosemary EO to preserve it.
                            Afterwards I use my normal moisturizer (sweet almond oil) although I really could just add it to the mixture.

Sent from my iPad using CurlyNikki

Comment

Aloe vera gels helps me for acne scars. I've heard some info about aloe vera juice skin benefits so I decided to give it a try, I apply it once a day before going to sleep and after 10 minutes wash it off, cause if I leave it overnight it clogs my pores. So I’ve been using it for 2 weeks and now my skin looks much better than before, of course I didn't get rid of the scars (i guess its impossible to do in natural way) but they are less noticeable now. I've also read the article saying that aloe vera helps for psoriasis, and as far as I understand it should be taken internally.
                              Last edited by Cinderella; 05-28-2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X