X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shea Butter for dark spots

Has anybody used shea butter for dark spots, especially on their face?
    I have acne scars on my forehead and heard shea butter is good for stretch marks and spots on the body but I haven't heard many people use it for their face.

I tried pure shea butter on my face but it is too oily for my skin and broke me out a lil. I use the palmers success fade cream and have great results.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App
    ~Afro Angel Diva

Comment

I use it on my face. I was in a car accident and my face was sliced down the middle. The place where my nose was stitched together- now matches my skin color - after 6 mos of shea butter. I also use black soap!
      Blog: http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/
      Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NylaCoils

Comment

I have really oily skin and acne prone, at 40 whoda thunk????....but anywho....i use shea butter, makes my skin feel so smoothe but me and my inconsistent self i dont use it like i should......i will say i can only use it at night....it is to heavy for me to use during the day...

Like Nyla I also use black soap, which can be drying but with the shea butter i dont have any problems

Im trying to get more consistent so im going to go back to using it regularly...

Comment

I've been using shea butter consistently for dark spots--with time and consistent use, they DO fade.
          "May your life be more than the life of stars when they live." --Kemet proverb
          My old CSJ
          My NEW CSJ

Comment

I havent used Shea Butter for dark spots, just because it seems oily to me, but just recently I bought Mederma Scar Gel for some dark spots on my face. I have only been using it for about 3 or 4 days and I swear I already see those spots beginning to fade. I must note that I dont typically get blemishes and I dont have acne prone skin. It was just a couple of small dark spots that I wanted to fade away.

Comment

Ok thank you guys! I wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. I also use black soap so I'll continue to use the shea butter on my forehead.

Comment

i use shea butter on my face and i do believe that it helps with fading scars. i use it at night because it can be a lil too heavy for day time use, especially if you are heavy-handed. i tend to have slightly acne-prone skin and my skin seems to have done a complete 180
                QIC452 <-- iHERB code, $5 -$10 off 1st time orders

Comment

I use it every morning on my face. I have seen improvement with some acne spots. I'm not acne prone on my face but every now and then I get a pimple which leaves it mark.

Now, I do need to start using it on my acne prone back and see if it will help there.

Comment

Yes, I tried it once/twice but didn't work out for me. I then purchased dermrejuve clarifying serum. It really worked! I don't have any acne problem now. May be you can check that serum too. Here is the link: http://www.dermrejuve.com/illuminating-cream/

Comment

Yes Shea butter is good for dark spots, it lighten the burn marks, spots on the skin, scars, old scars, stretched marks, old stretch marks etc. Shea butter is very beneficial for skin and if you can then daily use it in your skin.
                      TCM Recipe | Best Homemade Herbal Eczema Cream

Comment

Hide dark spots on your face with heavy makeup or subject your delicate skin to harsh chemical peels or laser treatments to remove annoying marks. Whether they are age-related "liver spots" or stubborn acne and insect bite scars, nature's warehouse holds effective options for removing most dark spots from your face.
                        How to Prevent Pimples

Comment

Working...
                        X