Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do when nothing helps your skin?

I've struggled with acne, blackheads, large pores, and touch skin texture since I was 14, and have yet to find anything to help it. It feels like my skin elasticity is getting worse, too. I've tried every product and remedy I could think of with no results. I've been product-hopping for the past 6 years, and am currently using Korean skincare lines. I'm currently on birth control, and taking biotin, but those don't seem to help much. Healthy and bearable options aren't readily available on campus, and I'm broke practically 24/7 so buying my own groceries is out of the question. I'm just so fed up of looking in the mirror and seeing bumps, slight sagging, dark spots, and oiliness. I shouldn't have to deal with this at the age of 21; it's starting to take a crippling blow on my self-esteem and confidence...
    I struggle with skin texture and blackheads (or at least that's what I think it is) on my forehead, and large pores on my nose and around my eye areas. Acne isn't as much as it used to be, but I still have at least 2 or 3 huge zits on me somewhere.

21 isn't old for acne/complexion issues. Pimples don't stop at 18yrs old ;-).
    Suggestions: eliminate acne triggering foods from you diet. I stopped eating red meat my skin cleared up 50%. Also see if wheat products, citrus, or dairy is a trigger. Make sure you are not using products with fragrances or dyes in them on your skin
    DivaWorld blog @ TrueLifeDiva.wordpress.com *Last relaxer June 2011, fully relaxer free June 2013 *Hair type 3C, color treated, fine strands

Comment

I think natural remedies is better to use instead of using the any skin care product or cream. There are many things which are prepared at home and works naturally in your skin, by that your skin will look really very beautiful.
      TCM Recipe | Best Homemade Herbal Eczema Cream

Comment

Here I would like to share some amazing home remedies to get rid of acne and acne scars.
        Well,when it comes to acne scars,u should include a scar serum in ur skincare regime since this could improve ur scar appearance by promoting healing and cell renewal.Plus,u could also use Vitamin E or Cocoa Butter since these really works wonders on acne scars.However,if u would like to opt for remedies,I would suggest different 4 steps that u could try at home to improve ur scars.

Baking Soda-Exfoliate your skin with baking soda. Often times, a version of baking soda is used in cosmetic microdermabrasion treatments. You can give yourself a mini microdermabrasion treatment by mixing one teaspoon of baking soda with the two teaspoons of filtered water.Then gently rub the mixture on your acne scar for sixty seconds then rinse it off.

Fresh Fruits-In addition to eating fresh fruits to supply your skin with collagen building vitamin C, you can also smear them onto your face for gentle acid exfoliation. Just puree a forth a cup of pineapple and smooth it onto your face. Leave it for 10-15 minutes, then rinse. Since the pineapple contains ascorbic acid, it will impart a brightening effect on the face, and help fade acne marks.

Apple And Honey-Using a blender, make a mixture out of 1 peeled apple with 1 tablespoon of yogurt, half a cucumber and 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply on face, leave for 20 minutes and wash off with warm water. If you're wondering how to get rid of acne scars
        and acne , must try this.

Olive Oil-Massage a pea-sized amount of olive oil onto your face.Acne scaring can cause the skin to lose its elasticity and suppleness.The moisturizing nutrients in the olive oil will penetrate the skin to deeply moisturize the skin and soften the skin’s texture.

Well,these are those 4 remedies that works best for ur skin that impose no irritation to ur skin.Good luck trying these at home and pick one that suits u.Hope this helps and great skin wishes.

P/s:U could also opt to use a facial scrub once a week to gently exfoliate ur dead skin cells to improve skin complexion.Do try these remedies I suggest u.It work wonders on my skin and I'm sure it would do u the same.Hope this helps:-)
        Last edited by GemmaS; 07-13-2015, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Li-Chan View Post
          I've struggled with acne, blackheads, large pores, and touch skin texture since I was 14, and have yet to find anything to help it. It feels like my skin elasticity is getting worse, too. I've tried every product and remedy I could think of with no results. I've been product-hopping for the past 6 years, and am currently using Korean skincare lines. I'm currently on birth control, and taking biotin, but those don't seem to help much. Healthy and bearable options aren't readily available on campus, and I'm broke practically 24/7 so buying my own groceries is out of the question. I'm just so fed up of looking in the mirror and seeing bumps, slight sagging, dark spots, and oiliness. I shouldn't have to deal with this at the age of 21; it's starting to take a crippling blow on my self-esteem and confidence...
          Have you sorted out your problem yet? Just in case you haven't, here's my suggestion. When my kids were growing up my daughter was plagued with spots as was my son, only his weren't so bad. I bought Tea Tree Oil from Holland & Barrett and mixed half the bottle with water that they used every morning & evening as a face wash and before bed they used 1 bud with a drop of Tea Tree oil on each spot. Always use a clean bud for each spot otherwise you risk cross contamination. Drink lots of water and try to stay off cokes and the like. Hope this works for you.

Comment

Aloe Vera- This wonder plant is a natural skin healer ac ne
            Sunspots are those brown and black ugly spots on the skin. They primarily occur due to excessive sun exposure. They occur on the cheeks, nose, lips, ears, neck,

Comment

For oily or acne skin you want to use a gel/foaming cleanser they help control oil better and help dissovle surface oils, as for a toner you want a slightly astringent toner, and for moisturizer you want a water based oil free moisturizer.

Comment

Working...
              X