X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breastfeeding

I'm on baby #3 and since Janutaty have only lost 2lbs. I want to do this a healthy way but I feel like I'm getting no where. My little guy is 4mths. Surely it's possible to loose weight while nursing. Last appt before baby I was 184. I had him in 12/10. Today I weigh 172.4 he was only 7lbs.

Honey, you are not alone. I've managed to gain back some of my weight and am no where near my prepregnancy weight. I've decided to wait until after I wean my son at a year that I'll really dive into getting this weight off. He is my third as well and is 8 months. Do you eat healthy and exercise? Eating healthy drops my calories which also decreases my milk. Exercise....just don't have much time right now.
    sigpicLast relaxer 8/21/09
    BC 11/15/09
    NhappyJackie.Onsugar<<<< My Blog
    My FOTKI Youtube

Comment

Finally! I found someone to relate to! Thank you Jesus! Yes! I use my fitness pal app but every time I lower my calories I have a milk reduction. Exercise I do try when I have time.. Currently doing the 30 squat challenge I just feel so blah with the extra weight. I do eat healthy but the lower my calories the less milk!

Comment

Exactly!!! I don't eat all that healthy, especially lately But, this week my mission it to find healthy alternatives for my favorite take-outs and make them at home. Example, I love Sonic Ultimate Meat and Cheese burrito...They are so good and I always pump a huge amount at work after eating that with tots and tea for breakfast...HORRIBLE I know. And I usually have a salad for lunch and maybe pizza or some kind of takeout for dinner. But today, I cooked my own egg and sausage with cheese and ate on a whole wheat pita wrap with a large glass of water. For my water, instead of a fiber bar, I had a small bowl of oatmeal. And for lunch a salad. For dinner we will have skinless chicken breast, mashed potatoes, broccoli and maybe a biscuit. All of these are lower calories that what I would normally eat so I'm hoping my supply doesn't drop too bad. I try to eat most of my calories before noon then lean down as the day goes on. I'll let you know how it goes
        sigpicLast relaxer 8/21/09
        BC 11/15/09
        NhappyJackie.Onsugar<<<< My Blog
        My FOTKI Youtube

Comment

That's awesome! Isn't it something how our eating habits change when nursing? I eat way more than I did when I was pregnant.

Comment

I can advise you to ask a pediatrician if it is okay for your baby,because sometimes it is okay based on the analysis. We had the same problem, but i've learned that i need to prepare special food for my child. No salt or sugar. I do not fry or add oil. Because I think it's harmful. And I don't grind all the food into a homogeneous mass. I leave small pieces for the baby to learn to chew. When I'm lazy or very tired I give it a kendamil feed from anyorganics.com. He likes it, too. It's really delicious. But any food should be varied. This is my son's diet. For example, broccoli. And also cottage cheese and eggs, as well as milk.
            Last edited by JamesKing; 09-17-2020, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X