Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to know what your trainer said that you can and can not eat...

But I am trying very hard to eat properly and eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. Its been pretty easy. Just gotta think it all out and I eat every 2 hrs it seems like.

The site MyFitnessPal helps a lot as well.
    My Staples
    Pre-Poo: Castor, EVCO and Jojoba Oils
    Shampoo: Rhassoul Clay
    Co-Wash: Pantene Conditioner
    Deep Conditioner(s): Dax Roots Hair Mayonnaise & Pantene Deep Conditioner
    Leave-In(s): KCKT
    Sealant(s): EVCO
    Styler(s): Pantene Defining Curls Custard

Comment

I've heard that weight loss is 1/3 exercise and 2/3 diet. I think your percentage is a bit more accurate.

I'm sure sleep and mental health (stress, anxiety, etc) also play a role.
      BC'ed Feb. 2012.
      Hair type: 4a (O curls). Love trying new products!
      I will conquer my kinky, curly, moisture-sucking coily coils (also known as my natural hair).

Revelation 3:20
      "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me."

Jesus is waiting for all of us. Let Him in. #repentance #true life

Comment

I agree with your trainer 1000%.

In order to see the benefits of the weight training, that layer of fat between the muscles and the skin has to be reduced. The only way to do that is to create a calorie deficit AND keep the metabolism high.

The best way to create the calorie deficit is to eat properly: balanced meals with colorful veggies, lean meats and whole grain carbs.

It's easier to not eat a bag of chips than to burn off those 300 calories. It's more beneficial to the body to eat a plate of cucumbers and tomatoes, salmon and quinoa (300 calories) than the chips.

Your metabolism is how your body uses energy. If your metabolism is high, as in from weight training, you burn more calories, even when you sleep. If your metabolism is low, like from skipping too many meals, your body will hold on to as many calories as possible.
        Wen...nothing else!

Comment

The purpose of eating every 2 hours is to keep your metabolism high. Our digestive systems use a lot of energy to work; eating burns calories, especially proteins!
          Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Diet plays a lot in loosing weight. I lost 20 pounds from January to May by reducing my caloric intake and eating healthier. Before I was considered slightly overweight. I exercised probably 2-5times a week for about 15 minutes though. I'm lazy okay! But id daily do at least small 5 min cardio session.
            It's so worth it when your clothes start feeling bigger, compliments start rolling in, your thighs stop beating up against each other!..
            MyFitnessPal website and app records your eating and exercise. It really helped me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CurlyNikki App
            Last edited by ItsABreeThing; 08-03-2013, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Tdior, very well stated! Especially about the weights!

You look awesome, by the way.
              Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Does anyone have any free resources on eating clean?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by LuvMyCurls429 View Post

Check out mankofit on Instagram. She posted a grocery list of the types of foods you can eat daily.

Comment

Help me lose weight @tdior please ☺

Comment

Weight loss

Well, that all kinda depends on Your metabolism. if you've always been 'skinny', and this weight is the result of a diet that contains a lot of fat, sugar and salt then i Guess you could loose most of it...
                      But if you refuse to exercise, then you need to at least try to move more than usual. Try to stick With 1200 kcal a day, and move a lot! Go for a long walk With a friend or something.
                      Eat only vegetables fruit etc. and stay away from red meat, potatoes, pasta and everything With a carb in i. Im not going to guarantee it will work, but i lost weight doing this. But i was at the gym every day as well.. Try it!

Comment

Originally posted by blankanderson View Post
                        Well, that all kinda depends on Your metabolism. if you've always been 'skinny', and this weight is the result of a diet that contains a lot of fat, sugar and salt then i Guess you could loose most of it...
                        But if you refuse to exercise, then you need to at least try to move more than usual. Try to stick With 1200 kcal a day, and move a lot! Go for a long walk With a friend or something.
                        Eat only vegetables fruit etc. and stay away from red meat, potatoes, pasta and everything With a carb in i. Im not going to guarantee it will work, but i lost weight doing this. But i was at the gym every day as well.. Try it!
                        Fruit has carbs. Pork (tenderloin), chicken breasts and fish are sources of lean protein.

You're right, if you don't exercise consistently, eating habits will control the weight loss.

However, if you exercise, especially weight training, you have to fuel the body correctly.
                        Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by LuvMyCurls429 View Post

That's hard. Check out your library for books on it, not just a grocery list.

I survived it for 2 days. I woke up at 4am and ate a huge hunk of gouda cheese and a bag of my son's M&Ms.
                          Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Nowadays it matters a lot how you look and what weight you have and for this reason, each of us must strive to stay in shape so as not to be treated badly by society.
                            Of course, there are serious cases when some people have serious health problems and can not maintain and in such cases must be accepted as it is and appreciated for other qualities, but when you do not have health problems it is a shame not to have to take care of your body and not value what you have.
                            I personally have started a healthy lifestyle and a lot of exercises with the application found on https://www.modernfit.com/food/how-t...low-carb-diet/ Has anyone here tried it before? The effects are very big for me.
                            Last edited by JakekeKe9; 07-29-2020, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X