X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Writers Out There?

I have always been quite the artsy type, and like to deem myself a Jack of All Trades. I draw, I paint, I art journal, and I want to learn how to do other things, like make beads and charms, make jewelry, watercolor (I work mostly with acrylics). I love creating. My number one pastime and passion, however, is writing. I've been writing since the fourth grade, I absolutely love it, and I can't get enough of it!

Going on this natural hair journey inspired two stories that I have yet to write, both dedicated to my natural hair and the natural hair movement. Both, I guess, would be in the African American or Black genre, a genre I've never written in before, and both really spawned from a piece of my inner self, I think.

Other than those two projects, I write mostly Magic Realism, High Fantasy, and Sci-Fi. I also love to cross genres. Urban Fantasy was my thing for a while when I was in high school, but I fell out of love with that along with the vampire scene, so . . . I'm more of a Lord of the Rings, Firefly, Chocolat kind of writer.

I used to have knack for poetry, mostly because I deemed myself a song writer back in the day, but somehow I started hating poetry. Probably due to English class where we dissected verses and lines to try to find the meaning within. I HATED that so much, and it made me hate poetry. And also because I just don't get it, but I have found myself writing a few poems here, just not as much as I used to. I write novels and short stories when I'm not wasting time online.

If there are any writers out there, what kind of writing are you into? Poems, novels, short stories, flash fiction? And what genres do you write in? What books inspire you?

Books that inspire me: The Pocket Muse 1 and 2 by Monica Wood, The Nighttime Novelist by Joseph Bates, A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin, The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien are among the books that inspire me. Art books are great for inspiration, too (I've got three art books by Gothic artist Victoria Frances, and I want to get my hands on an art book by my favorite painters Kukula and Mark Ryden).

I'm in the process of completing a fictional book and i write poems as well. Honestly not inspired by any authors, because reading books really wasn't my thing especially fictional books, and when it comes to poems they just came to me one day. I look @ it as a gift that was given to me in order to help me heal or it was given to me as an outlet to express myself in a positive way instead of a negative way! Sent from my SM-T217S using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• AutumnRose
      AutumnRose commented
      Editing a comment
      That's awesome! Yeah, me an poetry just don't get along, but I have mad respect for anyone who can write it and actually get it. I understand the tremendous amount of talent it takes to write poetry. Hats off to anyone who can write it, and write it well.
      ---

Well I am not the one but you can find many more best creative writers ..
    Best Hair Transplant Islamabad in Pakistan| FUE Hair Transplant in Peshawar Pakistan

Comment

Working...
    X