• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYhoneydip
    started a topic 100 Books By Black Women Everyone Must Read

100 Books By Black Women Everyone Must Read

http://www.forharriet.com/2013/02/10...yone-must.html

Saw this link on tumblr, and had to bookmark it I think I've found my spring/summer reading list. anyone read anything on here?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using CurlyNikki App

• NaturallyJayy!!!
    replied
    Thank you so much for this list. I haven't read any of these books, but I definitely will be checking a lot of these books out.

Sent from my C525c using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• hatethispart
    replied
    I have the Darkest Child. Read it when I was in high school. Good book. Sad. I think ill read it again and take it.to the hospital with me just in case I get bored. With the internet I just don't read books like I used to.

Leave a comment:

• MoeSoNatural
    replied
    I know right!
    Originally posted by slv-thenaturaldiva View Post
    Great list. I have read many of these but I want to complete this list!

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using CurlyNikki App

Leave a comment:

• MoeSoNatural
    replied
    I've read dozens of those books, which shocks me! LoL.. But "New Jim Crow" was one of the best! Michelle Alexander came to my university & did a speech, book reading & signing back in February of 2012. She is a class act, & her book is astounding.
    Originally posted by NYhoneydip View Post
    http://www.forharriet.com/2013/02/10...yone-must.html

Saw this link on tumblr, and had to bookmark it I think I've found my spring/summer reading list. anyone read anything on here?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using CurlyNikki App

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using CurlyNikki App
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• slv-thenaturaldiva
    replied
    Great list. I have read many of these but I want to complete this list!

Leave a comment:

• Naturally Nu
    replied
    Daughters of the King by Gail M. Hayes, Ph. D

Leave a comment:

• DarkLovelyAshes
    replied
    Wow. Thanx so much. Those sound like some really good books!

Originally posted by mashiara View Post
    I love this compilation. Out of the 100, I've read about 35, so lots of reading to accomplish over the years. There are several that didn't make the list that I would highly recommend:

1)Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome: America's Legacy of Enduring Injury and Healing by Dr. Joy Degruy Leary

2) Black Ice by Lorene Cary

3) Passing by Samaria by Sharon Ewell Foster (all her books are great!)

4) Nowhere's a place by Bernice McFadden (all her books are great!)

Happy reading ladies

Leave a comment:

• mashiara
    replied
    I love this compilation. Out of the 100, I've read about 35, so lots of reading to accomplish over the years. There are several that didn't make the list that I would highly recommend:

1)Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome: America's Legacy of Enduring Injury and Healing by Dr. Joy Degruy Leary

2) Black Ice by Lorene Cary

3) Passing by Samaria by Sharon Ewell Foster (all her books are great!)

4) Nowhere's a place by Bernice McFadden (all her books are great!)

Happy reading ladies

Leave a comment:

• DarkLovelyAshes
    replied
    Oh it's okay, Thanx anyway

Originally posted by Nyjae View Post
    Good Morning

I did not find the book this weekend. I knew she got rid of alot of stuff but I thought that book would be a keeper... sorry...

Leave a comment:

• Nyjae
    replied
    Good Morning

I did not find the book this weekend. I knew she got rid of alot of stuff but I thought that book would be a keeper... sorry...

Originally posted by DarkLovelyAshes View Post
    Wow that's a great idea, I'll definitely do that. This list of 100 will quickly turn into 100+ lol but I'm fine with that. I've been slacking on my reading and I think it's time I get back to it. I look forward to hearing from you!

Leave a comment:

• DarkLovelyAshes
    replied
    Very Interesting!

Originally posted by Naturalmom View Post
    Wench is set in the 1840-1860. It is about slave mistresses who meet at a hotel (in free state) on summer "vacations" with their white masters.

Leave a comment:

• Naturalmom
    replied
    Wench is set in the 1840-1860. It is about slave mistresses who meet at a hotel (in free state) on summer "vacations" with their white masters.

Leave a comment:

• Nyjae
    replied
    Im catching up too but I have to get through these Game Of Throne books before I read anything else. It's bad enough it took me a year to pick these up. No
    Originally posted by DarkLovelyAshes View Post
    Wow that's a great idea, I'll definitely do that. This list of 100 will quickly turn into 100+ lol but I'm fine with that. I've been slacking on my reading and I think it's time I get back to it. I look forward to hearing from you!

Leave a comment:

• DarkLovelyAshes
    replied

Originally posted by Nyjae View Post
    OMG i love that book and the other four that belong to that collection. See if you can find the version that has all five books in one volume, you'll love it. I'll look for my copy at my mom's over the weekend if I find it I'll inbox you on Monday...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X