Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Books By Black Women Everyone Must Read

http://www.forharriet.com/2013/02/10...yone-must.html

Saw this link on tumblr, and had to bookmark it I think I've found my spring/summer reading list. anyone read anything on here?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using CurlyNikki App
    Tightly coiled 4a TWA
    CW: GTTTT
    S: EVOO&EVCO

i'm wrapping up i know why the caged birds sing by maya angelou whoot whoot lol 99 more to go
    "I will not be triumphed over."
    instagram: we_soldier_on

Comment

Thank you so much for this list, I haven't read any of them but I'm so excited to get started. I'm heading to the bookstore later on today

Originally posted by NYhoneydip View Post
      http://www.forharriet.com/2013/02/10...yone-must.html

Saw this link on tumblr, and had to bookmark it I think I've found my spring/summer reading list. anyone read anything on here?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Lol I think I'm going to start at the top of the list and work my way down.. Let me know how you like Why The Caged Birds Songs. I'm just a few books behind that one

Originally posted by curly_whirly View Post
        i'm wrapping up i know why the caged birds sing by maya angelou whoot whoot lol 99 more to go

Comment

Read some of these during my college years. Just finished Wench and loved it.

Comment

Great list. Glad they put Tananarive Due, Jamaica Kincaid. I like Asha Bandele, her book about her marriage should have been on there as well. I've read several of the books and there's such a great selection of genres. Thank for posting @NY!!
            "Failure, in my book, is someone who lives in the safety of their laptop taking shots at those who actually achieved what they have been unable to do." ~ Eli Roth

Comment

What was Wrench about?

Originally posted by Naturalmom View Post
              Read some of these during my college years. Just finished Wench and loved it.

Comment

I see alot of books I want to read over ther summer but here are the ones I remember...

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings- Maya Angelou
                The Collected Poetry of Nikki Giovanni- Nikki Giovanni
                A Raisin in the Sun- Lorraine Hansberry
                Their Eyes Were Watching God- Zora Neale Hurston
                How Stella Got Her Groove Back- Terry McMillan
                The Bluest Eye- Toni Morrison
                Song of Solomon- Toni Morrison
                The Women of Brewster Place - Gloria Naylor
                Darkest Child: A Novel- Delores Phillips
                Push: A Novel- Sapphire
                For colored girls who have considered suicide/When the rainbow is enuf- Ntozake Shange
                The Coldest Winter Ever- Sister Souljah
                Narrative of Sojourner Truth - Sojourner Truth

Comment

OMG i love that book and the other four that belong to that collection. See if you can find the version that has all five books in one volume, you'll love it. I'll look for my copy at my mom's over the weekend if I find it I'll inbox you on Monday...

Originally posted by DarkLovelyAshes View Post
                  Lol I think I'm going to start at the top of the list and work my way down.. Let me know how you like Why The Caged Birds Songs. I'm just a few books behind that one

Comment

From that particular list I've read:

Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl - Harriet Jacobs

The Color Purple- Alice Walker (I love all her books, though)

But there were some books missing I thought could have been included, but overall it was a pretty good list. They had a few bell hooks books on the list, which is great (I loved her in high school and still do).

Thanks for sharing.. great reading list.
                    http://bellemondehandmade.wordpress.com/ <--blog

http://bellemonde.storenvy.com/ <-- shop

http://bellemondemade.tumblr.com/

http://pinterest.com/bellemondemade/

Instagram: bekkapoo

Comment

Wow that's a great idea, I'll definitely do that. This list of 100 will quickly turn into 100+ lol but I'm fine with that. I've been slacking on my reading and I think it's time I get back to it. I look forward to hearing from you!

Originally posted by Nyjae View Post
                      OMG i love that book and the other four that belong to that collection. See if you can find the version that has all five books in one volume, you'll love it. I'll look for my copy at my mom's over the weekend if I find it I'll inbox you on Monday...

Comment

Im catching up too but I have to get through these Game Of Throne books before I read anything else. It's bad enough it took me a year to pick these up. No
                        Wow that's a great idea, I'll definitely do that. This list of 100 will quickly turn into 100+ lol but I'm fine with that. I've been slacking on my reading and I think it's time I get back to it. I look forward to hearing from you!

Comment

Wench is set in the 1840-1860. It is about slave mistresses who meet at a hotel (in free state) on summer "vacations" with their white masters.

Comment

Very Interesting!

Originally posted by Naturalmom View Post
                            Wench is set in the 1840-1860. It is about slave mistresses who meet at a hotel (in free state) on summer "vacations" with their white masters.

Comment

Good Morning

I did not find the book this weekend. I knew she got rid of alot of stuff but I thought that book would be a keeper... sorry...

Comment

Working...
                              X