X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna post this here...

My husband who is very tech savvy, recently got an iPad (I've had mine for a year). Every few minutes or so he was coming to me with..."hey did you know...?" he mentioned iTunes U (university) App. This app let's you subscribe and take free college courses. NOW....you won't get college credit for them but you will obtain the knowledge. What I really liked about the app was that the courses were from major universities...not John doe's college but from yale and Harvard and many others. If you have time to read. Go on there search a topic and take full advantage of the free courses.

I mainly looked up courses I plan to take the CLEP test (a exam that lets you test out of a certain lower level areas in college like accounting or biology and still get college credit) for which saves money from me having to buy study materials incase the local library doesn't have what I need. Not to mention its convient! Hope this info benefits someone like is it for me
    Natural since Sept 2010 (July if count the two perms I sweated out in the Houston heat)

International and natural.....Inter-N-A-T-U-R -A-L

****One Day*****

I have checked out iTunes University and there is lots of info there. I haven't studied too deeply in any particular field but I have checked out some of the business courses and it has really come in handy. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by StylingNaturally44 View Post
      I have checked out iTunes University and there is lots of info there. I haven't studied too deeply in any particular field but I have checked out some of the business courses and it has really come in handy. Love it!
      Spread the word....knowledge is power these days! Glad someone checked it out. I've looked at 3 courses but plan to do more!
      Natural since Sept 2010 (July if count the two perms I sweated out in the Houston heat)

****One Day*****

Comment

Bump...if you haven't downloaded this appp....give it a try. Free classes of course not for credit but for knowledge

****One Day*****

Comment

Originally posted by internatural View Post
          My husband who is very tech savvy, recently got an iPad (I've had mine for a year). Every few minutes or so he was coming to me with..."hey did you know...?" he mentioned iTunes U (university) App. This app let's you subscribe and take free college courses. NOW....you won't get college credit for them but you will obtain the knowledge. What I really liked about the app was that the courses were from major universities...not John doe's college but from yale and Harvard and many others. If you have time to read. Go on there search a topic and take full advantage of the free courses.

I mainly looked up courses I plan to take the CLEP test (a exam that lets you test out of a certain lower level areas in college like accounting or biology and still get college credit) for which saves money from me having to buy study materials incase the local library doesn't have what I need. Not to mention its convient! Hope this info benefits someone like is it for me
          I'm downloading this now. Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Welcome hope you found some good ones.

****One Day*****

Comment

Working...
            X