X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifty Shades of Grey...Oh My...

Oh my goodness...Is all I can say. I usually don't read these type of books, but WOW!!!!! I was listening to them talk about it on Good Morning America so I downloaded a sample. The sample was intriguing, so I bought the book on my Nook. I haven't been able to put it down yet. I can't allow myself to read it on the train. Has anyone read or is now reading this book?

Yeah. I have it on my kindle to read.

Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I just started this book a couple of days ago! I'm loving it

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App
      Staples:
      Prepoo - JBCO & Condish
      Shampoo - Shea Moisture, CJ Daily Fix
      Conditioner - SSI Avocado, HE HIS, LUV Nat
      Leave in - KBN Shealoe, DB pumpkin seed, LUV Nat, CK Satin Roots
      Styler - Oyin S&D, OM Shape Shifter, BF Creme Brle
      Gel - CK Coil Jam, Let's Jam Custard
      Moisturizer - Oyin Hair Dew, DB Sweet Cocoa Bean
      DC - SM Anti-breakage Masque, SSI Okra Hair, Rhassoul Clay DC
      Henna - Red Raj

BC'd August 13, 2010 No Transition
      Blog here in the forumThe Life of a Capricorn

Comment

Like I said, I don't usually read these type books. Are they usually like...that?

Comment

I'm on the last book! Love all of them!!

Sent from my Fro-tastic iPhone using CurlyNikki
          ~BC May 7, 2011...truly loving my hair*~

Comment

I was on the train today and then on the trolley. I saw this guy I went to high school with and he's like, "That must be a good book." I then realize I have been smiling the whole damn time!!!! When he asked me what book I was reading, I politely declined to tell him.
            This daggone book had me up until like one in the morning.

Comment

It is on my next to read list. I hope I dont stay up all night

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I read all three books and loved each one.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App
                Peace, Light & Love
                Hair Staples: Rhassoul clay (cleanse), Oil Rinsing, Marshmallow Moisture Balm, FSG or AVG

Comment

I just checked the reviews out on goodreads do I have to read the twilight books 1st?
                  "she's the type that's compared to the rose that grew from the concrete"

Comment

No you don't have to read Twilight first. There is a fairly common theme that they both share but I would not say that it's an extension. I loved these books!!! I literally just finished the second book, could not help but cry. I don't mean a single tear, I mean so huge alligator tears falling down my face and I am not one to cry while reading books.

Sent from my ADR6300 using CurlyNikki App
                    Last relaxer September 2010
                    BC July 2, 2011
                    I'm in love with this journey, it makes me appreciate my hair so much more.

Comment

You all have me intruged...off to see if its available on e-loan...

Comment

Originally posted by keallisf View Post
                        No you don't have to read Twilight first. There is a fairly common theme that they both share but I would not say that it's an extension. I loved these books!!! I literally just finished the second book, could not help but cry. I don't mean a single tear, I mean so huge alligator tears falling down my face and I am not one to cry while reading books.

Sent from my ADR6300 using CurlyNikki App
                        LOL ok will check it out
                        "she's the type that's compared to the rose that grew from the concrete"

Comment

Okay, so I was looking on line and it seems that a movie is in the works. Not sure how I fell about that, but whatever. The thing that ticked me off is when I typed in "Who will play Christian Grey?" The only thing that the readers/fans were coming up with were white men. I know I shouldn't be shocked but dag, we can't even have a fictional character, huh? I truly hope that the author will keep to the integrity (no pun intended) of the book and cast a someone that is somewhat close to the description in the book. Gary Dourdan comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamme View Post
                            Okay, so I was looking on line and it seems that a movie is in the works. Not sure how I fell about that, but whatever. The thing that ticked me off is when I typed in "Who will play Christian Grey?" The only thing that the readers/fans were coming up with were white men. I know I shouldn't be shocked but dag, we can't even have a fictional character, huh? I truly hope that the author will keep to the integrity (no pun intended) of the book and cast a someone that is somewhat close to the description in the book. Gary Dourdan comes to mind.
                            I would love to see this movie. I picture Christian looking a little like Mario Lopez. I don't know why but he just comes to mind. Lol

~BC May 7, 2011...truly loving my hair*~

Comment

Originally posted by tashacu02 View Post
                              I would love to see this movie. I picture Christian looking a little like Mario Lopez. I don't know why but he just comes to mind. Lol

HAHA Mario Lopez??? With his overly smiling self? I can't see him dominating anyone. I see him being all shy and giggling if he tried to be Christian Grey.

Comment

Working...
                              X